Page 513 of 580 FirstFirst ... 13413463503511512513514515523563 ... LastLast
Results 5,121 to 5,130 of 5796

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 513

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Primal Fuel
    Perhaps a waist measurement for Brad would be helpful as well?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Store bought scales aren't really set up to weigh accurately above 250 IMO. Doctors offices will normally give a free weigh in once a week. If your doctor is in a convenient location he could just pop in there a couple times a month to get an accurate number.

Nice job on the house cleaning and keeping! I know that's been a goal of yours for a long time! You deserve confetti and streamers for the job well done!!! Just not in your newly cleaned house!

You sure seem to get that dang Candida a lot............ yuck! I've never had a yeast infection in my life so I can't even say I can commiserate with you Hope you get a handle on it before it gets too bad. Maybe you should try the suggestion in Tasha's journal?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Jenn,

Definitely try moving the scales (both of them) to different rooms and trying them to see
    what you get.

Sometimes even the slightest imperfection in the floor or flooring (tile, linoleum, wood)
    makes the scale come up with buncha different weights.

One time one of my kids' foam letters got stuck under one of the feet of my scale in the
    bathroom. When I got on, it said I weighed 105. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Fun to see, but
    definitely a lie. Tee hee.

Anyway, that was just a little anecdote, but the flooring in my bathroom is stupid HUGE
    ugly ass tiles, and I have to maneuver the scale JUST RIGHT, so all four feet are hitting
    perfectly, or I get 500 different weights.

The best place for weighing? MY GARAGE. Super flat, super hard and no indiscretions in
    weight there. But yeah, me thinks I'm not going to be weighing nakey in the garage, heh.

Anyway, give it a try. Maybe you and Brad go from room to room one morning and see what happens
    with each.

Julia

One thing I read recently about Prescript Assist is that part of why its so effective is the soil-based organisms in it. If you take it regularly for a week, then irregularly from that point on, it helps trick up your gut so that you don't get too adapted. In addition to getting probiotics through food, this can help your gut get populated with the right bacteria. I kind of imagine it's like changing up your workouts so your body doesn't get used to a routine. Doing this would make the PA last longer and be more cost effective.

Sorry Jenn --- I didn't read your last entry closely enough........ *embarrassed*
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Store bought scales aren't really set up to weigh accurately above 250 IMO. Doctors offices will normally give a free weigh in once a week. If your doctor is in a convenient location he could just pop in there a couple times a month to get an accurate number.

Nice job on the house cleaning and keeping! I know that's been a goal of yours for a long time! You deserve confetti and streamers for the job well done!!! Just not in your newly cleaned house!

You sure seem to get that dang Candida a lot............ yuck! I've never had a yeast infection in my life so I can't even say I can commiserate with you Hope you get a handle on it before it gets too bad. Maybe you should try the suggestion in Tasha's journal?
    I don't have the traditional "yeast infection". This is intestinal, not vaginal. And it's only the second time I've experienced it. The first time, I talked to my DO and she gave me a double Rx for Diflucan, which did wonders... but after reading the blog, I realized I erred by going back to similar eating - high fruit, blah blah blah...

Ref: confetti - don't you DARE toss confetti in my house. lol I'm starting to get a bit obsessive about it, which I suppose is just as bad as being so overwhelmed by it that I can't start... but seriously, I don't sit much at night anymore. I'm always trying to get things done - living room gets picked up and cleared every night, sinks get scrubbed and windexed (they sparkle after windex!!), stove and counters get the same treatment - Lysol kitchen cleaner then windex. Maybe it's not obsessive so much as consistent, but now that it's clean, I want to keep it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
    Jenn,

Definitely try moving the scales (both of them) to different rooms and trying them to see
    what you get.

Sometimes even the slightest imperfection in the floor or flooring (tile, linoleum, wood)
    makes the scale come up with buncha different weights.

One time one of my kids' foam letters got stuck under one of the feet of my scale in the
    bathroom. When I got on, it said I weighed 105. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Fun to see, but
    definitely a lie. Tee hee.

The best place for weighing? MY GARAGE. Super flat, super hard and no indiscretions in
    weight there. But yeah, me thinks I'm not going to be weighing nakey in the garage, heh.
    I keep our scale in the same spot all the time too. We have laminant flooring so I'd assume it would be uniform, but I suppose it's entirely possible that it's not. Garage floor? Yeah, probably the best - or our basement... but I'm with you. No way I'm walking nakey through my house to the basement or garage to weigh in. lol And 105 lbs... wouldn't THAT be nice? lol

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    One thing I read recently about Prescript Assist is that part of why its so effective is the soil-based organisms in it. If you take it regularly for a week, then irregularly from that point on, it helps trick up your gut so that you don't get too adapted. In addition to getting probiotics through food, this can help your gut get populated with the right bacteria. I kind of imagine it's like changing up your workouts so your body doesn't get used to a routine. Doing this would make the PA last longer and be more cost effective.
    I've looked at other soil-based probiotics, but they don't have the same make up as PA. I thought about taking it every day (1 x per day) to start and then ever other day after a while. A blog I read here said it's not necessary every day. I'd be willing to give it a shot, I guess. And then take some Jarrow to feed it like she did. Amazon has it at a slightly better price than anywhere else I've looked at it so I might get a small bottle and see what happens.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I ordered mine from LL's Magnetic Clay Detox Baths

Paid $50 per bottle plus $9.40 shipping.

Its spending - but in my case well worth the cost if it helps my tummy troubles!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

I can get it on Amazon cheaper than that, with free shipping. If I get it, I'll get it from Amazon. It's $69 for 90 capsules. Plus free shipping - which is 2nd day delivery by FedEx... Order on Monday, have by Wednesday.

So, I went to the bathroom earlier and discovered I have blood in my urine, but zero pain associated with it... dropped a note to my DO to see what her thoughts are on it. Seems odd that I'd be bleeding and not have pain. I'll monitor it today and if it's still there tomorrow, will make an appointment to see her. Everything I've read online says that I should be experiencing pain... but maybe it's still early and that's why I've not felt pain yet... it also says not to be overly concerned, but don't ignore it either. Could be a bladder infection, urinary tract infection, kidney infection or kidney stones... I hear stones are excruciating... I hope it's not stones... Hopefully it's just a mild infection, but this is so weird for me. I've had bladder infections and UTIs before, and the only symptom was pain, not blood... so I'm a bit thrown. Also a bit bummed... so much for my goal of once again not meeting my insurance deductible for the year... :-/

Brad used the large industrial scales at work today. He said that with clothes, work boots, and all the gear he wears while at work, he registered at 341, so he thinks the new scale is garbage and wants me to return it. He'll continue on with our current, flighty scale.

However, I liked what the new scale gave me for a weight this morning... It only showed 1 pound difference, unlike Brad's 20-30 lbs difference. So, the scale will be going back since there's apparently nothing wrong with the one we currently have. I will however, be thinking about investing in one that also does body fat readings. He didn't want one of those right now - said he only wanted to focus on one number for the time being. I can understand that. It's too easy to get wrapped up in all the numbers and minute changes.

I don't think a scale that registers body fat percentage is wise. I think measuring the waist might be better, but that's just me.

Body Fat Scales: Do They Really Work? / Fitness
    If you use one, it's best only for trends and not for the actual # because it's inaccurate. It's not something I would want to introduce to someone without them understanding that concept. Personally, I don't see why it would be helpful if you can already track trends w/ weight & measurement.

For me, it's another number, another stat. I like stats... I also like measurements. I wish we'd taken measurements before we started, but we didn't. How silly...