Page 512 of 580 FirstFirst ... 12412462502510511512513514522562 ... LastLast
Results 5,111 to 5,120 of 5793

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 512

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I don't know what the deal is but my skin is soooo incredibly dry right now. I've been slathering on the coconut oil (when at home) and baby lotion (when at work). My face and hands are terrible. Hands have that burning itchy chapped feeling. Lotion burns a bit when I put it on. I don't know if I should blame the weather or gut health at this point. I just know it sucks...

I read recently that the skin is the last to get nutrients and moisture b/c other things take priority and when you get the gut health in check, the body will finally start sharing its nutrients with the skin. Makes sense to me. Just wish I could remember where I read it. Probably going to need to bring some coconut oil into work to have on hand for just these situations.

Dry skin is an itchy nightmare, especially in your cold climate. I remember it was an ongoing problem for me when we lived in Colorado. Some of these look good:6 Nourishing Face Creams for Dry Winter Skin | RealSimple.com

JudyCr is offline Senior Member

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Presently, I just use coconut oil. It works really well, but needs to be reapplied frequently.

Good gravy - holy cold thermogenesis folks!! Holy shit it's cold in this office today. I'm sitting here on the verge of shivering.

I was folding clothes last night and came across Brady's shirt from the micromarathon we did in September. I asked him if he wanted to do it again this year. He said yes, but he wants to do the mile this time. Brad chimes in and says "maybe I'll do it with you, Bud. Would you like that?" Brady, of course, said yes. So then I said "Maybe we could all do it?" Brady thought Makenna needed to start with the 1/4 mile race though. It was too cute. And I'm so excited! I hope Brad was serious about running it with him. I would LOVE for Brad to become a runner too. I may have pushed the envelope too far when I said "Why don't you sign up for the 5k, hun?" He looked at me like I was nuts.

But this isn't the first time Brad has mentioned wanting to attempt running. He mentioned before we started our Whole30 that he'd love to pick up running a little. He mentioned jogging a block here and there to see what he thinks. I'd LOVE to go out with him and encourage him. It would be a great pasttime for us to do together.

Liking the new fitbit pretty well. It's got some quirks, but I don't think there's a product anywhere on the market that doesn't have some. And since the technology is still rather new, I would expect some bugs to need repaired and improvements to be rolled out over time. Growing pains, if you will. For now, it does what I want and I'm happy with it.

I got a call from Brady's teacher. She's concerned that she's noticed a lack of focus from him over the last two weeks. I gotta figure out what has changed over the last two weeks and see if we can fix it. I'm not sure what to do at this point. Time to brush up on my Google-Fu. She said he's not causing trouble or anything, just not focusing or putting a full effort into his work, and that concerns her b/c she says he's a bright kid and as they move along, things will get harder and she doesn't want his lack of focus to interfere with his ability to learn the work, resulting in him falling behind. She said they did an assessment the other day and Brady was right there at the top, and she doesn't want that to change and is fearful that if his focus doesn't get reigned in, he'll start to fall down the scale. She's sending home a sheet for me to take some notes on that she'll compare with her notes on the same type of sheet and see if we're seeing the same issues between the two locations that might help us find a solution. For now, when he's got work to do, she said she'll give him the incentive to get it done well and have free time to draw since drawing is something he really focuses on. She may also move him as she said the activity that happens in the hallway distracts him a lot - like when someone walks by the classroom. For now we're in a wait and see what happens over the next week or so and go from there. *sigh* I'm fearful I'll be having these conversations with every one of his teachers from now until graduation unless I put him on meds and I do NOT want to do that... So, time to do some google studying.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Try not to worry about meds. He's young, I'm sure it's pretty common for kids to go through periods of inattentiveness. Focus on the week to week right now! Besides, as you know from your own experience, meds are not the only answer to mental things .
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

tomi is online now Senior Member
    That's very encouraging about Brad! Wouldn't it be fun to have that new hobby for the 2 of you - or even the entire family in the future? What a picture to see the 4 of you running together!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

Brad hit 24 pounds today... and he got a new CPAP machine... better sleep, healthy diet... I expect more amazing weight losses from this man.

I am still stuck at 184... what. the. frack.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    We're tied again, Jenn Come on.......... lets hit 180!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Wow. Great news for Brad! Hang in there. Yours will come.

WOOOOO! I broke 184... 183 on the scale this morning. *eyeroll*

Brad and I bought a new scale. The scale we had bounces around. He'll step on it and get one number. Then step off and on again and get a different number. He usually repeats this until the same number hits twice then considers that his weight. I used to do the same until I got fed up and frustrated with it and just went with whatever it told me the first time.

Anyhow, he was certain our scale was junk, so we bought a new one. This one does the same thing for him. Not me, but it definitely does for him. Except, it's bouncing at WAY lower numbers than our old one. For instance, the old one was hitting at 331, 324, 328, etc (first thing in the morning). This one started at 318, hit again at 315, then 312, then 305, then 307 (at the end of the day). So, now he's confused and has no idea what is going on.

My assumption is that despite the scale's claim that it is accurate up to 400 lbs, it's not. Additionally, maybe the other one was so inaccurate at weights over 300 that it was judging him higher. So the question is whether or not we adjust his starting weight to be 24 lbs higher than the new scale's weight or what.

My vote is that we continue with the old scale til the end of the month to at least show a more consistent downward trend, and then once the month is over, incorporate the new scale into his routine. It is reassuring to think that our old scale measured him higher than he really is (we've had said scale since before I got pregnant with Brady and he's 7 now, so roughly 8 years?) and he's closer to 300 than he thought, which gives him less weight to lose to reach 250 like he hopes. But it's mildly confusing to someone like him who doesn't know what to think about his current weight and weight loss success. I think I'm going to recommend that he do his final whole30 weigh in on the old scale to get a true picture of what he lost overall, and then start using the new scale after that to continue tracking his success.

Yesterday I played hookie from work. Brad flexed the day knowing he's scheduled to work this weekend, and the kids had a snow day, so we all stayed home and just hung out. I did some deep cleaning - dust and grease build-up removal from the tops of the cabinets in the kitchen. It took me about an hour to get them all cleaned off. They hadn't been done since we have lived there - just shy of 7 years. So, I did that. Then I did a bunch of laundry - folding 3 loads. All the laundry is caught up now. And the house still looks great from that week I took off to purge toys and organize. I'm pretty proud of the fact that there's only one week left of January and I've kept it so clean this long.

Anyhow, another thing we took care of yesterday was getting Brad a new CPAP machine. His was 8 years old at a minimum (also got that before I got pregnant with Brady). Somehow we managed to lose the cord to is machine (he stopped using it after the kids were born b/c he didn't want the mask to freak them out. So, we dug around at the house and found some cords to things that might work. We plugged one of them into the machine and then into the wall and it immediately blew the transformer in the CPAP machine... Oops. Time for a new machine. lol Luckily, he has new insurance that didn't buy the previous machine, and given it's 8 years old, he was eligible for an upgrade (I guess you can upgrade every 5 years b/c technology improves, etc). So, we got him a new machine yesterday too. He was reading through the literature that came with the machine and it says that using a CPAP will improve weight loss efforts, so he's pretty excited. I'm VERY excited to see how he does.

I'm so very glad he's looking at his health and weight/body composition. So very glad. It'll help him so much in the long run - energy, longevity, health, physical ability, etc... but I also think it'll help his self-esteem and inevitably our sex life. He's got a tremendous amount of muscle on his body that you can't see b/c it's hidden under the layers of fat. I can't wait til it starts to reappear. I love a muscular man!

I don't know that Brad's and my visions for his end point are the same, but hopefully as he gets to widdling his weight down, his vision will change and we'll be on similar pages. I would LOVE to see him lose the weight and then start working on his physique. I'd love love love to have a hard bodied husband... does that make me vain? Shallow? I guess I don't see why it would... why wouldn't I want to see a sexy hunk of man ham approach me from across the bedroom? I love a fit and muscular man... So I guess if that makes me vain or shallow, so be it... I like what I like. He doesn't have to have six-pack abs or anything like that. But strong arm definition and a strong looking back and neck will drive me wild... maybe once he gets closer to his goal weight I'll share that little fantasy with him - maybe it'll entice him to hit the gym.

Anyhow, I should stop drooling over what I hope my husband becomes and change the subject...

I have started experiencing candida overgrowth symptoms again... Thought about calling the doctor for a double Rx of Diflucan again to get a jump start on killing it off, but I read on a blog yesterday that even if I do that, I'm still going to have to make the dietary changes to make sure it doesn't come back... so looking at GAPS. While it looks restrictive, they provide a distinct list of foods that are ok to eat and those that are not ok to eat, which should make it easy - just shop off the "Ok" list. And I think it'll fit well within the confines of Whole30 since I plan to continue down that path til the end of March. Some of these symptoms are VERY uncomfortable and I don't want to deal with them anymore. I also need to get a good probiotic, but not knowing what pros to consume makes it hard to choose a good one. I looked at Prescript Assist but that is ENTIRELY too damned expensive. No freaking way. Wondering if I can combine a couple of the Jarrow formulas to kind of make my own blend. Will be researching that for a couple of days - GAPS and probiotics.

With that, time to peruse the journals. I hope everyone's having a good Tuesday.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Yes, stay with the old scale until the end of the month.