Page 506 of 590 FirstFirst ... 6406456496504505506507508516556 ... LastLast
Results 5,051 to 5,060 of 5892

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 506

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    The hard part will be feeding the kids while we're both doing this. I don't want to completely up-end the kids' menus, thus limiting what they'll actually eat,...
    Why not? The kids have your genetics. If they eat the things that give you problems, in twenty years they will be having the problems you are having now, if not sooner. Why set them up for that? They are young enough now that any agonies of making the change will be over quickly. And the positive results might last a (long) lifetime.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    a note on sweet potatoes........... If you lather them up with coconut oil and bake them (uncovered, not in foil) in the oven the flesh comes out silky smooth - and they taste better than nuking them. Maybe Brad would enjoy them without the grainy-ness caused by the microwave?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Tomi, that's the first way he tried them. Hated the texture.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is online now Senior Member
    bummer........... how can you not love silky smooth sweet potato yumminess???? I just took 4 sweet potatoes and 4 big baked potatoes out of the oven. I love having them precooked and ready in the fridge!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

I am talking with BodyMedia regarding a refund for my armband. I keep having connectivity issues with it. The connection between the armband and my phone keeps breaking, requiring me to unpair the device from my phone, plug it into the computer, wait for an upload to take place, then reactivate it, shut down my phone for 1 minute, then power my phone back up and do a bluetooth scan to find it, then re-pair them... This may not seem like a big deal but it's happening almost weekly and it's a time consuming process. Last night it took an hour to finally get it to pair - I had to go through all the steps twice.

The app will occasionally not show me data even while paired, requiring me to plug the armband into my computer to resync it to the server so it'll pull the info into the app or some such shit... it's really becoming quite annoying.

I was looking at the Jawbone Up but someone pointed out the poor amazon reviews to me, so now I'm researching the Fitbit Flex. I asked BodyMedia for a refund so I could apply the refund to a Jawbone, but I think I'll just take the money and run. If they won't give me a refund and instead send me a new armband, I'll try to sell it on eBay and will then buy the Flex. But in reading a review comparing the Flex and the Up, I am drawn to the Up again... I guess if they'll give me an Up, I'll take the Up and deal with any difficulties arise. Maybe none will. If they do, I'll ask for a refund and get a Flex or something.

Today is my Baby Boy's 7th birthday. Looking through pics to use on a post on Facebook has left me feeling nostalgic. I want to spend the rest of the day looking at baby pics.

Day 5: They should actually call this the day of the bathroom visits instead of Kill All the Things day... My body is cleaning some serious house today.

Yearly evaluation is due. I'm not as nervous about this one as I was the last one.

Have I mentioned lately just how much I hate the treadmill? I ran outside for a very short bit (to and from the gym) and then hopped on the treadie for a mile and a half. So, roughly 2 1/2 miles run today. I would have loved to run it all outside, but the sidewalks were wet and I didn't have the proper footwear to keep the toesies dry. #vibramsarenotwaterproof When I run on the treadmill, I can't get as many miles in. Something about running on that hampster wheel just kills my ability to run. I'm pretty sure it's all mental and the amount of suck it introduces. I'd much rather run outside - fresh air, pick my own pace, things to look at. None of that is available on the treadmill - yes, I can pick my own speed, but it's not as easy as just slowing down... I have to physically reach up and push a stupid button to slow down. That seems to psych me out more than just slowing down. So, yeah, b/c of all that suck, I tend to do walk/run on the treadmill, which eats up time and prevents me from getting the same amount of miles I could get if I were running outside. Luckily it's supposed to be 40 degrees this weekend so I'll be venturing out for a nice sunny run - hopefully. Brad's working so I'll have to wait til afternoon, which should be fine - I think the max temp is expected to occur around 2ish. Brad will get home at 3ish. If I'm ready to go, I can just duck out the door when he gets home.

Having a birthday party for Brady at our house tomorrow. Lots of work to do. To include shaving my legs... the party is starting at the pool for some water fun for the kiddos, then cake and ice cream at our house. Gotta shave my legs b/c I'll be swimming with Bearz. Pretty sure she'll spend the entire time jumping off of the edge of the pool into my arms. That'll be fun.

Yeah, I think that's about it. I hope everyone has a good weekend.

It's so weird how little time I'm spending here all of a sudden. What the heck am I doing with my time??

Ran 10 miles yesterday without eating enough before hand. Apparently my body doesn't want to run fasted at this point in the transition back from the SAD way of life... must remember to eat at some point before running.

Day 8 of the Whole30 and in the first 7 days I lost 8 lbs. YAY! Brad, get this, lost TWELVE FREAKING POUNDS! In ONE week! That is so awesome. I'm so glad it happened like that too b/c I think he's starting to feel deprived. Before too long, he'll have that Tiger Blood feeling and will be loving this. He seems to only really miss cheese and maybe milk. The birthday party was a bit tough for us all, but we made it through and followed up with a dinner of big steaks and veggies.

Yeah... that's all I've got. I really need to catch up with everyone. Tomorrow...

canio6 Guest
    Damn, 12 pounds? That is great and should be the motivation Brad needs. We miss you around here but good to know you are keeping busy.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    So glad to hear that you are both doing well.