Page 505 of 580 FirstFirst ... 5405455495503504505506507515555 ... LastLast
Results 5,041 to 5,050 of 5796

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 505

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Same thing happens if you boil them for too long. I've had it happen to me three times when I've left them on the stove longer than usual. I don't use a food processor - I use a hand mixer to mash mine.

Day 3.

After two days I've dropped 5 lbs of (I assume) bloat. No idea what Brad's lost. He said he's going to wait out the month before weighing b/c right now he's so focused on weight loss and he wants to focus on how it makes him feel overall so that if the weight doesn't come off like he wants, he's not overly disappointed. I can respect that. But after my post on Facebook this morning, he's really interested in his current weight, so he might weigh tomorrow. Who knows.

I made mashed sweet potatoes last night. OMG delicious! I make mine with coconut oil and then sprinkle cinnamon on them if the mood strikes. Brad tried a baked sweet potato. You could tell he was trying hard not to gag or puke. He seriously has a problem with sweet potatoes. He thinks it's the texture. So... on to the next thing. Probably parsnips. I hear they taste rather potato-y.

I've been watching the cost of flights to New Mexico. I had heard if you buy your flights two weeks before your travel date, on a Wednesday, the price is lowest. I tested it. EEEEhhhhh... wrong. FOUR weeks out was the cheapest flight I found.

Our flight dates are 21-24 March, but since today is Wednesday, I checked the cost from Moline to El Paso 1 week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks, 4 weeks, 5 and 6 weeks out from today, then what it costs for our actual dates. This is what I found. Tasha, you might play with this as well since you'll be flying internationally soon.

1 week out: $433
    2 weeks out: $393
    3 weeks out: $333
    4 weeks out: $293 <--- DING DING DING. lol
    5 weeks out: $333
    6 weeks out: $333
    Buying today: $573

This is going from little airport to little airport, so if I fly out from a big airport, it might be cheaper. Nope, not cheaper. Both the local little airports have $293 for 4 weeks prior to flight (if purchased on a Wednesday). I'll check what it costs to purchase on a Thursday too, just for research sake... hell, I might do it for every day of the week and see which day brings me the cheapest price, but $293 is pretty good. I just need to save up the money before February 19th now... b/c if the trend I just analyzed is correct, that'll be the golden ticket day for our little airports.

Anyhow, the analytical part of my brain is all fired up now. I should probably go run to calm it down.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    So... on to the next thing. Probably parsnips. I hear they taste rather potato-y.
    You have been misinformed. I do not find them to be potato-y at all, at least not when mashed/pureed. Perhaps if you made parsnip 'fries.' To me they are almost a cross between a carrot and a turnip - very sweet and awesome in their own way. On a side note, I have found that parsnips that are large/older can be very woody and you need to be very careful with this if mashing/pureeing them as the woody parts can get in the mash and are next to impossible to remove and thus ruin the whole thing.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Hmmm parsnips and their woody parts...

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Hmmm parsnips and their woody parts...
    I hear it has an unpleasant mouthfeel though YMMV
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    That's okay, I'll just cut them off.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    That's okay, I'll just cut them off.
    e31.jpg

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Bwahhaha

On flights: I bought our tickets to London months ago Hotel rooms too. We didn't want to wait and risk the flight costs going through the roof! I used Kayak.com and watched the recommendation thingy for when to buy over a couple of weeks. I checked just now and it looks like we got a good deal (but Hulky bought the tickets so I don't remember how much it was in the end).
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I set up a price alert on Kayak to let me know when the fare changes to El Paso. If it dips below $300, I'll be on it like stink on shit. Or do you prefer white on rice? hehehehe
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

marcadav is offline Senior Member
    I make something I call sweet potato hash. I dice raw sweet potatoes, nuke them until al dente, then fry them in butter, with green onions, salt, pepper. I think frying them changes the texture so maybe Brad could/would handle them better.

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marcadav View Post
    I make something I call sweet potato hash. I dice raw sweet potatoes, nuke them until al dente, then fry them in butter, with green onions, salt, pepper. I think frying them changes the texture so maybe Brad could/would handle them better.
    I make hash browns similarly to Marcadav, but without nuking them first; I just fry them in ghee. They come out like regular potato hash browns (although they taste a lot better!), crispy parts mixed with softer bits. The more you cook them, the crispier they get. Nuking first would shorten the frying time... thanks for the idea, M!