Page 504 of 584 FirstFirst ... 4404454494502503504505506514554 ... LastLast
Results 5,031 to 5,040 of 5834

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 504

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    You can do it, girls!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I'm waiting to start until Monday b/c Brad asked me to. He will be joining me for this round of Whole30! I am so excited for him to see some awesome results. He's even talking about it on HIS facebook wall! My hope is that his foot pain goes away, his back starts to feel better, his snoring subsides a bit, and his weight starts to fall off. His sister and I think he can easily lose 30 lbs in those 30 days. BIL is doing it too. This could be a rough 30 days for us girls b/c of our whiny little boys!

Got Brady's and Makenna's bedrooms purged and reorganized. Brady's room looks really nice with only a few bins of toys in there. Makenna's still looks really cluttered, but she has a lot of little pieces to her toys that are set up around the big pieces (i.e. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs are milling about outside the cottage. ) It will improve as her toys have fewer pieces, or more easily contained pieces. I have 7 large boxes of toys staged by the back door waiting for the truck to the battered women's shelter. I paired up toys with their pieces as much as I could.

And as a result of cleaning out their rooms and boxing up all those toys, I was able to clear the toys out of the dining room, making room for, eh hem, a dining room! Later this weekend I'll be picking up the china cabinet and china from sister's boyfriend's house and putting it in my dining room. I'm excited! I have absolutely zero use for china, but it'll be nice to say I have some nice dishes.

We also got Brady a tv for his birthday, which he immediately got grounded from. He made some really poor choices at daycare today, so the tv is still in the box, sitting on his shelf. When he earns it back, we'll hook the Wii up in his room and he can play his NASCAR racing games to his heart's content without us demanding our tv back. And he and his friends will be able to play when they come over.

This is all step one in my plan to improve upon our home condition this year. I plan to continue decluttering and simplifying our house. Fewer things in the house makes me feel better. After removing the Christmas tree, we decided not to bring the entertainment center towers back in that was moved out to make room for the tree. It's made our room look so much larger. The bookshelf towers used to house toys, and with all those toys removed from the house, there's no need for the shelves anyway. We will probably put them in the basement until we figure out what we want to do with them. Right now, they're in the garage.

Oh, I just remembered I need to pack up my old pans too. They are also going to the shelter. I'm sure there's a woman who left in a hurry that could use some gently used non-stick pans. I could probably donate some of the blankets I pulled from the kids' rooms too. I'm sure the shelter would appreciate them. I'm so glad I learned of the shelter. I hated taking things to Goodwill. It really chapped my ass that I'd give things to them and they'd make an income off it. I'd much rather give my things to someone who needs them as opposed to giving them to someone who's going to sell them. Feels like a more worthy cause, in my mind.

Anyhow... that's what I'm up to... up next - finish the kitchen and work on our bedroom. Then the house will be mostly decluttered and ready for maintenance cleaning. So excited!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Whole30 started today. Better check in with Brad and see how he's doing. He stayed home today - with all the temptations... I'm worried.

good luck, Jenn! You've done so many whole30's successfully I'm sure you'll be fine. Just gotta get through the few days of carb flu, huh?

Since you're both doing the whole30 it might be wise to do a cupboard and fridge clean out! Throw out or box up any and all foods that are not approved - or if you're letting the kids have them, then put them in one specific "KIDS ONLY" area - box or shelf someplace. That is a strategy I use when separating my food from hubbies. I just don't do to his food when I'm looking for something to pop in my mouth!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    I agree with tomi...you have been so successful at other whole30's you'll rock this one too. And how much better when you have someone to do it with living under the same roof. That's kewl!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

The hard part will be feeding the kids while we're both doing this. I don't want to completely up-end the kids' menus, thus limiting what they'll actually eat, but I don't want to intentionally set temptation foods in front of Brad. i.e. I don't want to make mashed potatoes for the kids for fear they'll tempt Brad too much or make him feel deprived, but on the same note, I don't want to completely kill the kids' meals either b/c their dad and I are getting healthy.

The promising thing here is that Brad plans on doing whole30 for the long haul - well, right now he is. He's talking about finishing the 30 days, then taking a couple of days to eat freely (but still Paleo, he says) then get back on track til he loses the weight he wants to lose. He's hoping to lose 120-130 lbs. I'm very happy he's joining me on this. He's currently weighing in at 354 lbs (as of this morning). I hope he sees the weight loss he wants so that he remains motivated to keep going with it.

I'm off to google some kid friendly paleo side dishes. Have a pleasant day everyone. I certainly hope it's warmer in your neck of the woods than it is here. -15 with a -43 wind chill is bullshit!

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    How does Brad feel about mashed sweet potatoes? How about the kids? I don't know how your kids normally eat, but from my admittedly naive (when it comes to feeding children) view, they probably wouldn't have a hard time doing something paleo-like with you guys.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

I agree with Tasha -- kids will eat if they are hungry. Make nutritious foods and tell them that's all there is! Sweet potatoes mashed with some ghee, cinnamon and a little maple flavor!!! YUMMY!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Brady loves mashed sweet potatoes (even asked to have them for dinner tonight). Brad is still very unsure about sweet potatoes. He says the texture is odd for him. Makenna won't touch them. But she'll eat the hell out of a medium rare steak!

I made mashed potatoes tonight - in the food processor. Major FAIL! the food processor breaks down the starches too much and it was sorta glue-like. Tasted good, but icky texture. I won't do that again.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation