Page 502 of 593 FirstFirst ... 2402452492500501502503504512552 ... LastLast
Results 5,011 to 5,020 of 5927

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 502

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Forgot to mention I'm tipping the scales at 191 lbs this morning. Up 25 total pounds. This makes me even more excited for the 21 Day Sugar Detox and the Whole30 that will ensue in a few days.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I'm an Amazon whore. I'll do anything for money to shop at Amazon. Including completing a ton of research studies/surveys sent out by random companies looking for consumer input. I got invited to participate in these surveys somehow and have stuck with it and wracked up enough to get $50 in Amazon gift cards. One of the surveys I completed invited me to participate in further consumer dialog/research about mobile phones. For every formal discussion I participate in, I get 1 point. Each point is worth $2 at Amazon. I am so excited about this influx of Amazon cash! I see myself buying stuff I really don't need but want - like books.

Grabbed a couple of Steno Pads - the notebooks with the spiral at the top - to keep track of the rest of my marathon training. I'll be using it in essence like the 90 day journal, but Mark's journal format wasn't exactly what I needed. A blank notebook should do the trick nicely. My current challenge will be 96 days long and will fully engulf the marathon and all of it's remaining training. I plan to follow whole30 the entire time. I have my best half marathons when following Whole30.

I'll keep track of it in this notebook. Distance run, how it went, nutrition for the day (not quantities, but what I ate), weight, and how I'm feeling overall. Tired, happy, sad, lethargic, sore anywhere, etc. I'll make a few notes each day as well. I think it'll be easier to weed through that when reviewing my training than it is to weed through and online format - either here or MFP or elsewhere.

Made myself go out for a run. Was planning to knock out 4 miles, but 3 was all I could do. Peroneal nerve pain made its presence very well known. I can't wait til this is resolved! Hurry up Paleo! Fix this crap! Of course, I don't expect results after 1 day, but it sure would be nice.

Scale said 188 this morning, so already lost 3 lbs. Score.

Yesterday, Day 1, was a good day. I stayed on plan, I ran/walked 3 miles, and I kept my hands out of the Christmas candy (my mom makes homemade candies - toffee bars, caramels, chocolate covered stuffs like caramel, chocolate cream, etc). Keeping my hands off the caramels was a feat that took a LOT of will power b/c I absolutely LOVE her caramels. The ones in the stores taste like plastic compared to hers.

I started getting a headache last night and it's lingered into this morning now. Kind of annoying but not overly painful yet. Probably a 2 or a 3 on the scale. Noticable but not yet bothersome.

No exercise planned for today. Planning to run 13 miles this weekend at some point - hopefully tomorrow when it's 38 degrees out instead of Sunday when it drops back down to 22. Next week will be a super cold one. We have one day that will be 4 degrees. Then it jumps back up to 30 on Saturday. Today is going to be 36 so I'm going to be itching to get outside - spring fever, for me, hits anytime the temp melts snow.

I found a low carb grainless mac & cheese recipe we plan to try - probably tonight. I'll pair it with some pork/venison burgers cooked in bacon grease or something. Or maybe not... I think burgers and fries sounds like a good Friday night meal and I already have everything at home for it. Going simple tonight.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Yeah for a drop of 3 pounds! and kudos for staying out of the caramels! I'm starting fresh today
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Currently reading: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/arti...s-05-03839.pdf

Gluten sensitivity is now a recognizable medical "condition" - not yet testable, but recognizable by the NIH.

AutumnTiger is offline Senior Member
    Ooh interesting article - thanks for sharing.

Um, after being totally side-tracked by that, what drew me here was the comment you made elsewhere about not knowing what to think about if/when you reach goal. Its really got me thinking. And it wasn't anything I had thought about before, mainly because I guess I never thought I would be able to. Don't get me wrong, I'm still a long way from goal, and I have been about this weight before and let it all go back on. But somehow I just feel that this time its different. I'm not impatient to be thin and actually I am much more focussed on being well and healthy. I don't think we'll ever be able to take our eye off the ball, we'll always be recovering sugar-burners, but hopefully in time, it will simply become habit the way we eat rather than a conscious choice to eat primal. I know one thing for sure, I don't want to worry about what to think when I'm at goal until I get there.

Job interview today.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Good luck!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I was really apprehensive for this job interview b/c I didn't feel I had interview worthy clothes... but, since gaining a bit of weight back, my clothes no longer hang off of me, so I guess that's a positive for gaining it back.

Then I was worried about not having appropriate shoes. Since it has gotten cold I have been wearing running shoes to work (greyish in color so not outwardly noticeable at first). Since losing weight, my heels no longer fit me and kind of clunk when I walk. So I was going to get new ones this weekend, but totally forgot while shopping. I had decided I was just going to wear my heels anyway, but then discovered my fast flats again.

Now I'm just nervous as hell b/c I don't know any of the interviewers and I'm afraid I'll leave out some important info that could impact my ability to get the job.

Oh well. It is what it is. It's 14 minutes til my interview time, so I better start heading for the elevator. I'll check in when it's done.