Page 501 of 585 FirstFirst ... 401451491499500501502503511551 ... LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,010 of 5844

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 501

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Merry Christmas, Jenn!

I hope all the family junk got worked out and you and your's have a wonderful time together!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Merry, merry Christmas, to you!! *singing*

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Merry Christmas Jenn!

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Merry Christmas, Jenn!
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks everyone for the wishes for a Merry Christmas. I feel it was a good one and Toys R Us puked in my living room, so the kids had a good one too. Enjoyed my time with family but ready to get back to eating real food. I have never felt as bloated as I have over the last few days! Oy!

All set for good eats tomorrow. Made baked bbq chicken tonight with baby reds/butter and green beans/butter. Brad even said there's something to be said about a nice simple meal at home and how it made a huge difference with the way he felt post meal. Brady asked for pizza tonight and I said "No, I'm thinking something along the lines of gluten free." Brad said "I agree with that." It's good to know he's felt the difference too.

Tomorrow starts my 21 Day Sugar Detox. I will be including sweet potatoes, as allowed for athletes. Starting January 1, I will step up to level 3 sugar detox and start my Whole30, which will be utilized through March - so three months of Whole30. It's the only solution I know to the 20 extra pounds, the sciatic pain, the peroneal nerve pain, the slight tendonitis I feel in my left elbow, and the incredible amount of bloat I feel, not to mention the digestive unhappiness. Oh, and the sugar cravings. Gotta beat off these sugar cravings! Presently, I'm having trouble running any distance, so I have to fix this. 20 lbs gained in 3 months (well, less than that, but I don't remember when the 20th pound hit - maybe right before Thanksgiving??) is a very bad sign - not to mention completely unhealthy, and very likely contributing to some of the issues I've had running (try adding a 20 lb vest to your workout routine and see if things start to hurt or not).

So, this is it. No more screwing around. I'm back on board. For real this time. The finish line is in sight.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Hey Jenn,

How does the 21 day sugar detox differ from Whole30? I just bought the 21 day... book and will read at the gym this morning.

It has levels of 'difficulty'. For instance, level 1 is simply cutting out grains. Level 2 goes a little deeper by eliminating certain veggies and fruits (i.e. white potatoes), and level 3 goes as far as cutting out dairy. I'll be doing level 2 until my Whole30 starts.

The sugar detox eliminates fruit, where the Whole30 does not have restrictions on fruit. And depending on the level you do in the 21DSD, you are allowed dairy, where you're not on the Whole30. Same simple principles apply, but there are some pretty major differences.

I was just talking to a friend on Facebook who's husband drives for UPS. He has been complaining about joint pain and body aches for months now and he really wants to give Paleo a try as a solution. His wife (my friend) said that paleo works well for them except during the kids' sports seasons where all three kids are in 3 different sports, which requires a LOT of run around and not much home time. I mentioned to her that Well Fed has a great system in it for precooking and prepping food for fast assembly when it's needed. I remembered that Candy granted my access to her Dropbox account that has Well Fed in it and my sister in law gave me her copy to "use as long as I want" b/c she didn't find any recipes in it she liked. I leafed through it that day and found a couple of recipes I'd be interested in, but didn't really read the prep portion of it. I think I'll give that a good solid read and see what kind of system I can work out of it. I really need a system that's better than my current routine.

Some weird switch has been flipped in my head. I used to be the type of person who would take leave on a whim - skip out of work if the roads were the slightest bit slippery and stay home for the day. All of a sudden, that's not the case anymore. Brad asked me if I want to take next Thursday and Friday off with him and I'm hesitant to do so. My first concern was my leave balance (over 100 hours built up - which is 12 1/2 days of vacation). My second concern was what we would do with that time - I don't want to waste my leave just sitting on the couch, you know... My third concern was keeping on the straight and narrow with my food. And fourth was whether or not I'd be able to run. I would have rathered take today and tomorrow off.

What the hell happened to me? I used to be a leave burning machine and now it's like pulling teeth getting me to take time off work... I have so many things I could do if I had two days off - go through the kids' toys, purge out the ones they don't play with anymore/grown out of, clean up the hotspots in our kitchen, clear the clutter from our bedroom - essentially spring cleaning on a level lower than the disinfection level. Decluttering, I guess - for two days... yippee. lol

I think the switch might have been flipped thanks to the furloughs last summer. I remember wanting to conserve my leave and use furlough time to do all the things I wanted to do. Sadly, I didn't get nearly as much done as I would have liked thanks to half marathon training. The running and subsequent ice baths and showers really ate up a lot of time.

I'm also nervous about this job interview. I think it's going to require me to buy new clothes to do the same job I do now (but busier) and require me to be to work earlier, maybe not run over lunch, etc. That worries me. SIL doesn't open until 7 am, so getting to work earlier would not be possible. If I couldn't run over lunch (or do any form of fitness over lunch) my fitness aspirations would come to an end b/c there's no time before or after work (see previous comment about babysitting and raise with having family responsibilities in the evening).

Telling my boss about it is kind of unnerving too. It's career progression so I know he'll be cool with it. It's just always been a thing that I job hunted b/c I didn't like my job or didn't like my boss. It's never been a career sort of thing so I'm not used to job hunting being a good thing. And I know if I'm selected and I take it, I'll put my office in a bind and I don't want to do that.

I won't just be taking a different job in a different office with a different boss. I'll be moving to a completely different command. Since I started on the Island, I have always worked for the same command. This is like taking a job with a completely different company when you've worked at the same one your whole "career". And for a high level executive when you've always worked with middle management. It's a bit unsettling and seems out of my reach - responsibility wise - b/c I'm not the most responsible person. I'm 5 minutes late to work every single day - no matter how early I get up, I always manage to be 5 minutes late. This job will require me to put my big girl panties on and become an adult... it's kind of scary.

I guess, fear of the unknown is the common theme today... *sigh*
    Last edited by jenn26point2; 12-26-2013 at 08:39 AM.

I told my lower ranked boss about the interview. He thanked me for telling him and bid me good luck. I know the higher ranked boss will do the same, but it's that mindset that people only leave when they're not happy that's got me tripped up. I'm not in LOVE with my job, and it's not what I want to do for the rest of my life, but I don't HATE it or anything... it's a weird mindframe to have, actually.