Page 50 of 593 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150550 ... LastLast

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 50

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I moved my keyboard just a skosh and this is what I found...

dove.jpg

Damn the luck.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Nooo throw it awaaayyyy
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I moved my keyboard just a skosh and this is what I found...

dove.jpg

Damn the luck.
    EWWWWWW!!!! Make it go away in the trashcan!
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    I have the 'eat like a dinosaur' book since a few weeks now and am really happy with it! I aleady made applesauce muffin's and just finished making waffles out of the book, and I'm happy to state my kids loved both of them!
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Awesome! I'm hoping it will help me drag my kids away from the gross Tyson chicken nuggets and BarS hot dogs... yuck.

I emailed my professor to ask about the assignment that is due tomorrow. He said I can wait and turn it in before the next class, so that allows me a bit more wiggle room to get this assignment done. I still fully intend to have it done before the weekend starts b/c I have two other papers to write for my other class, plus the paper that would be due next week as well as the one due this week. Lots of writing. If you don't like writing, I would highly recommend NOT taking the MOL program. lol

CORRECTION: Just received clarification... we are pretending that next week is the 2nd week of class so I don't have to do anything for that class this week. ROCK. ON. Now I can concentrate on the 2 papers due for the online class. *whew*
    Last edited by jenn26point2; 05-31-2012 at 11:12 AM.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    What a funny story about your supervisor! Maybe you need to guide him to MDA.

On the sugar thing....... try to find a good mental image of what sugar is doing to your body. When I want to eat sugary things I imagine the sugar being used for fuel instead of the fat that I want to get rid of! Like a spoiled rotten little kid that shoves the good kids out of the way while yelling, "ME FIRST!!!!" That always helps me turn away from the sugary stuff. But I have to make myself think that way for it to work. But trust me, there are the times when I say "oh screw it - I need something sweet". But I'm getting better at it! I'll be so happy when I reach that point when sugar has not power over me!!!!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm going to take on the Whole30. Tomorrow is the perfect day to start. Tomorrow is June 1 and June has 30 days in it. Perfect. And it's not far from Primal/Paleo - in fact, it's perfectly Primal from what I can see, so I don't know if it'll help me or not, but it's worth a shot.

I will be making one adjustment to the plan, however... I don't know how to get clarified butter, so I will be using straight up butter when it's called for. EDIT: Guess what... I found a link to making my own clarified butter and it's uber easy!! http://www.davidlebovitz.com/2010/03...butter-recipe/

I will beat this sugar addiction ONE. WAY. OR. THE. OTHER!!!
    Last edited by jenn26point2; 05-31-2012 at 02:00 PM.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    You go girl!!!! and if you don't want to bother making your own clarified butter - just find an Indian Food store and buy Ghee - its the same thing.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I didn't mind clarifying the butter. I put it on the back burner of my stove on low and let it do its thing while I was cooking dinner... which was a miserable flop, by the way. I couldn't get the gravy to thicken to save my ass! It was more like a slightly thick soup than a gravy. But, we ate it anyway. Didn't save it though b/c, well, we weren't impressed. Sad b/c I put the whole damn chicken in there, but I still have bone broth, so I suppose that'll be ok.

I started the Whole 30 today. Basically, from what I can tell, it's just 100% Primal, less dairy - even dairy you can tolerate. Which scares me. I wonder if I'll be able to tolerate dairy in 30 days. The only dairy I eat right now is *real* cheese, sour cream and heavy whipping cream. I can let the heavy cream go - no attachments there. But I worry about getting rid of cheese all together and sour cream. I've developed a love affair with sour cream.

I got my cookbook yesterday! So excited. I brought it to work with me so I can look through it this afternoon. Hoping I can find something for dinner in it so I can get the kids started immediately.

Took measurements today so I know how I did during the Whole 30. Since 5/3 these are the changes I have seen:

Weight: down 3 lbs
    Waist: +.25 inches
    Butt: -.5 inches
    Pelvis: nc
    Thigh: -.25 inches
    Forearm: -.25 inches
    Wrist: +.25 inches (wtf??)
    Bicep: -.5 inches
    Belly: +.25 inches
    Body fat: -.11% (hahaha does that even count??)

I imagine the increases I'm seeing are simply bloat since they're only a 1/4 inch each. And considering I haven't really been on top of my game for the last few weeks, no change is expected, honestly. But, still down 3 lbs and 1 1/2 inches, so that's good.

My goal/hope for the Whole 30 is to lose a minimum of 6 lbs. I would like to be below 200 lbs by the end of the month. And I wonder what bringing dairy back in will do to me. I don't *think* dairy is overly toxic to me - just the processed crap like Kraft Singles, but what about other dairy? Is cheese considered fermented dairy?

ok, off to lunch. gonna sneak off post and get a salad at a local grocery. And maybe a pack of lunch meat. mmmm lunch meat!

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Whole30 = strict Paleo, so any dairy is supposed to be out. I decided that I would try not to have it, and ultimately only had cheese once when I did this in January. If you at least limit yourself to the best options that you have available, I don't think it's a big deal. The Whole30, for me, was more about not eating wheat and refined sugar, than anything else.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.