Page 5 of 579 FirstFirst ... 345671555105505 ... LastLast

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 5

Candy in Wonderland is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    So sorry to hear your little boy's finger got infected, I hope it gets better soon!
    Good on you that you didn't eat the cookie!

I'm off to school now too...only theory luckily today (I'm doing bakery school, go figure - but I want to finish what I started and it's my last year, I have my final exam on May 9th).
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

theprimalcajun is online now Senior Member
    hey Jenn!! A word of caution on the packaged sausage links...read the label. I had been using Jimmy Dean sausage, not even thinking it would have anything bad in it, its just pork right? uhhh...nuh uh. My mom (who is following the primal path with me) asked me one day if I'd read the label. Nope says I...& then she proceeded to tell me what was in our beloved JD sausage...& its now not beloved anymore!!! I bought some ground pork to make my own pan sausage...which I have yet to do. Need to get the recipe out of a paleo recipe book she bought last week.

So just thought I'd mention that.

so sorry about the little one's finger!! Band-Aids are magic! Don't ya know!?
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Hey, Primal... I have read the label... there's sugar. Ingredients: Pork, Water, Salt, Sugar, Dextrose, Flavoring, TBHQ, BHT, Citric Acid.

sadly, i don't know what TBHQ or BHT are and it's kind of alarming that they would abbreviate it instead of spelling it out. Gonna have to research that.

So far today, all I have had is breakfast and it's 2 pm Iowa time. I wonder if that means I'll need an early dinner or if I'll take a late lunch and skip dinner... just for right now, I'm minorly hungry, but it could just be a mental thing since I'm talking about food.

I think I'm going to... i don't know now... I had to answer the phone and take a message and now I lost my thought... hmmm... I have a headache too. possibly carb flu? Wheat withdrawal? Sugar withdrawal? Dehydration?? who knows... heck, I just realized I can't even remember who stopped in the office looking for my boss a few minutes ago.... uh oh. Better start writing stuff down...

I'm gonna go research those things that were in my snausages and determine whether or not they need to be pitched... and I'm gonna research ketosis too... and maybe finish up my hunter ed online course since I have to test out by the end of this week... eeekkk!!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

longing2bfit is offline Senior Member
    Hi Jenn, I am new to the primal tribe also and just wanted to introduce myself, Ifeel ya on trying to get the family involved in the eating plan and if you don't mind I will share a few things that are working in our home?
    I have two young adults in the house and a 5 yr old plus hubby and I. I am lucky in that hubby and DS will eat pretty much anything (In large amounts) but DD and DGD are another matter entirely. I have used Rivens easy bread resipe for the girls and made almond butter and pretend jelly. You can make any berry jam by placing berries in a pan with a smatter of water, cook it down and add a slight bit of raw honey or stevia and allow to cool and thicken in fridge. I also make a pretend pizza crust that everyone loves and I use a home-made fake pizza sauce that they tolerate..lol..I will find the recipes and post in my journal if your interested?

I love that you are not giving up and keep trying different things until you figure out what will work! It's quite impressive.
    Have a good day.

CJ

jenn...not sure what the TBHQ is...but BHT is a preservative that is listed on the California list of toxic substances. At least it used to be. When I had my choco lab & my mom raised Great Danes...we would not feed any food to them with BHA or BHT in it. Or Ethoxycan (sp) Bad stuff those things. Mom wouldn't even buy bird seed for the parrot if any of those things were listed in the ingredients. The dogs ate better than we did back in the day!!! lol

I see the sugar...but I'm sure you know that Dextrose is also a sugar. Any ingredient with -ose at the end of it is some form of sugar. I also read recently that all citric acid most likely contains MSG! *sheesh* Just can't trust anything!!! *sigh*

Seriously!?!? Citric acid has MSG??? MSG makes my gut unhappy... Damn food industry! ARGH!!

it's 4 pm and I still haven't had lunch. Had a quick and minor hunger pang about 3:30, but it quickly went away. I'm worried that I'll get hungry during our walk/park excursions this evening and become ravenous enough to binge... I'm known to myself as a binger... I hope my genes take over when my mind wants to go wonky so I don't binge on garbage and can instead wait it out until the burgers are done.

And I can't wait to see MyFitnessPal freak out when I close out the day under 1000 calories! muahahahahaha

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Jenn- Don't be glum about no replies. I don't post unless I feel I have something useful to say, but I'm still reading and cheering you on. (Encouragement counting as something useful.)

well that's what I read, but haven't researched it to know for sure. Now I understand why a person with Celiac has to be such a detective to uncover what's in the foods they eat. There is so much that is hidden that doesn't have to be included on the label. And they have different names for the same bad crap!! Look at all the different ways they hide flour under different names!! Personally I don't get to cranked up about say a tad bit of catsup or something that I don't eat much of. Maybe at some point I may have to get as strict as a celiac...but for now I'm having a hard enough time staying away from the big stuff!!

Good luck on the eating tonight!!! We're having hamburger patties on the grill too. Everyone else will have a regular bun...I may have one of my Brazillian Cheese Buns. and load it up with tomato, pickles, cheese, bacon...oh yummmmm

Just looked at myfitnesspal.com... I have consumed 1 carb today... and it came from my boiled egg... hmmmmm....

Oh Good GRAVY, Bill, I am soooo tired today! Two nights of staying up too late was two nights too many. I will aim for 9:30 tonight.

My first day of fasting went well until I finally sat down and ate something. Then something clicked in my brain and I completely overate. I went over my daily calorie goal by almost 300 calories. I know this won't be a problem in the long run though b/c everything I overate was Primal. And what I ended up binging on were those danged Primal Redux protein bars... I don't think I'll be making them again. I enjoy them entirely too much. At dinner time, I would have been ok had I not going back for a second helping of potatoes.

Ate a big breakfast again today to see if I can make this IF thing work.

Oh my, I could seriously fall asleep at my desk. Might be time to take a walk.

Here is yesterday's breakdown. It would have been a perfect day if I had only kept my hands off the protein bars... *le sigh*
    Todays Meals.jpgTodays Exercise.jpg

Page 5 of 579 FirstFirst ... 345671555105505 ... LastLast