Page 498 of 579 FirstFirst ... 398448488496497498499500508548 ... LastLast
Results 4,971 to 4,980 of 5783

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 498

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Primal Fuel
    Get some KE tea!

Yeah, cystic acne is acne that doesn't push through to form a whitehead. It just stays under the surface and is super painful . Don't touch!

I hope the holiday navigation goes well.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I have some KE tea available to me... just need to work up the ambition to walk to the water cooler, get the water, and then wait for it to heat up in the tea kettle... it's a long, annoying task to make tea at work.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

do not google images of cystic acne... ick.

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Poor Jenn! So sorry you're feeling bad...sucks especially right before Christmas. If you have some echinacea start taking some...or Sambucol. Either one will boost your immune system & help you keep the worst of it at bay. Sambucol (or Sambucous) (either one is Elderberry extract) is really good if you feel like you're coming down with the flu. And of course Vit C. I hope you feel better soon!

I'm with ya on trying to stay half way primal thru the holidays. While I have been eating things I shouldn't I haven't gained but about 3 pounds...where I can really tell the difference is in my joints! My knees & lower back especially are killing me. That, I believe is due to excess sugar.

only a couple of more weeks. Come on Jan 1!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Haha I should have warned you not to google! >< I this morning too, just to make sure I was calling it the right thing. The worst cases show up in the image search.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Yes... yes they do. lol

My body is making it perfectly evident that it is NOT happy with my frequent poor food choices. I'm up 20 lbs, my skin is breaking out all over, my elbow hurts (tennis elbow?? - but I did nothing to cause an issue, so I think it's just dietary inflammation), my peroneal nerve and sciatic nerve have both been talking quite loudly whilst running, causing my form to falter and making other things hurt. I'm bloated to beat hell. I'm fighting a cold/weird winter allergies. I'm not sleeping very well, so I'm tired frequently. ALLLLLLLLL of this crap started in October when I ended my last Whole30. I cannot WAIT to start the next round.

Can the freaking holidays just be done already?

That's it... no more whining and crying. I know what I need to do. I know how to fix this. So, if I feel like whining and bitching about how things suck right now, I'll just refrain from posting in my journal and will instead stick with reading everyone else's and providing whatever support I can. Absence from my journal will be your cue that things are not right yet.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Jenn - If you're really feeling that crappy, is eating bad (albeit, tempting and yummy) foods really worth it? I think you can navigate through the holidays on a slightly relaxed primal diet.......... allow yourself ONE cookie or SMALL slice of pie when you have family gatherings. If you're like me -- when I fall of the primal wagon I will eat 10 cookies or have 2 slices a pie in a day! I think you can improve how you're feeling without also feeling deprived. You have to find the balance of being on point and allowing SMALL deviations --- rather than being totally out of whack and eating anything and everything.

One thing I have come to realize......... THIS WOE is a lifetime choice for me - not an "only when convenient" choice. There will be holidays and birthdays and weddings and funerals and every other kind of food related event happening constantly for the rest of my life - learning how to navigate those times and still remain healthy and stay true to my goals is the entire point of learning to change to this WOE. Eating SAD foods is unhealthy for my body - and makes me a very sickly person. I have come to the realization that just because a piece of pie or cake or a cookie or a creamy luscious looking casserole is placed before me - does not mean I have to put it in my mouth. I can eat what I choose to eat and not care what anyone else thinks about it. And if I chose to partake in something "treatish" then I will do it in great moderation and only for very special times. That 2 minutes of pleasurable eating isn't worth the 3 days of bloat that will follow - or the running and stumbling to find my way back onto the primal wagon. By George............. I think I've finally got it!!!!!! You know what makes me give in to those SAD treats and foods??? That spoiled little girl inside me that stomps her foot and folds her arms across her chest and says, "BUT I WANT IT!!!" -- time to put spoiled little Tomi into time out and be an adult.

For me............ I need to stay as close to 100% as I can stand because there is a very gray area between 95% and 50%. So, learning your own personal safe spot is really important. Maybe you can do 80/20 like Mark suggests -- I can't. My 20 quickly and easily grows to 30 or 40%. I need to keep a tight hold on things. If my ONLY indulgence is some dark chocolate on a daily basis then I know I'm on point. I'm in a really good place right now........... and I'm trying to stay focused so I stay there through the holidays and beyond. A cookie is not my friend........... it is the death of my goals. That's my strategy to get through the next 3 weeks.

Can I challenge you to REALLY think about this: Is eating all the holiday SAD foods more important to you than feeling strong and healthy? If it is........... if the pleasure you get from eating those foods a big enough motivator - then go with it - give yourself the freedom to say "for the next 3 weeks I'm going to indulge in whatever I want and I'm not going to feel bad about it" and don't give it another thought. But keep in mind - you'll stay bloated, you'll gain weight and might have to get a larger size pants, your acne and eczema will likely get worse, and your running will suffer because of all the damage from the SAD foods.

Think it through with your logical brain parts ....... not your pleasure brain parts. Either way - you're still awesome - and come Jan. 2 - you will be rockin' another WHOLE30!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    If you're like me -- when I fall of the primal wagon I will eat 10 cookies or have 2 slices a pie in a day!
    You know what makes me give in to those SAD treats and foods??? That spoiled little girl inside me that stomps her foot and folds her arms across her chest and says, "BUT I WANT IT!!!"
    I need to stay as close to 100% as I can stand because there is a very gray area between 95% and 50%.
    Maybe you can do 80/20 like Mark suggests -- I can't. My 20 quickly and easily grows to 30 or 40%. I need to keep a tight hold on things.
    AAAAAALLLL of that... I don't just eat one cookie. I have a spoiled rotten little brat inside me that wants those foods and will use holidays as an excuse to have them. I MUST remain 100% compliant or I deviate WAY far off point. Hence the reason Whole30 works so incredibly well for me.

Can I challenge you to REALLY think about this: Is eating all the holiday SAD foods more important to you than feeling strong and healthy?
    I will think this, but it won't do any good. I'll be mindful of people watching me choose those foods knowing they're thinking "wait, she's supposed to be following paleo... what is she doing?" but it won't make any difference. And there are a few select foods that aren't available to our family except around the holidays - i.e. Grandma's chicken and noodle made with homemade noodles that she rolls and hand cuts herself. It's freaking delicious - glutenous our not. I will not likely pass that up.

Think it through with your logical brain parts ....... not your pleasure brain parts. Either way - you're still awesome - and come Jan. 2 - you will be rockin' another WHOLE30!
    All logic goes out the window when I'm faced with a smorgasboard of amazing food, paleo or not.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Then --- indulge and enjoy.......... NO regrets - NO condemnation - NO looking back. Get through the holidays and then leap back onto the primal wagon and ride it for all your worth!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140