Page 497 of 593 FirstFirst ... 397447487495496497498499507547 ... LastLast
Results 4,961 to 4,970 of 5927

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 497

canio6 Guest
    Ouch...rough schedule and a sick husband. I hope it all works out.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    3 miles on the treadmill done. Part of it done in my new Vibrams, part of it in my socks. The new vibrams are creating blisters on my heels - just something I have to build up for. I'll pop them and put bandaids over them before my next run. Socks work just as well on the treadmill though. Still haven't ventured outside for a run. Maybe Wednesday if the forecast is accurate.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Jenn, there's a Band-Aid brand of bandaid that's specifically for blisters. They work wonders, you should try them. I've seen two sizes; one for fingers, one larger and more oval that are perfect for feet blisters. I have really wimpy feet and these have saved me!

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    Jenn, there's a Band-Aid brand of bandaid that's specifically for blisters. They work wonders, you should try them. I've seen two sizes; one for fingers, one larger and more oval that are perfect for feet blisters. I have really wimpy feet and these have saved me!
    Great advice, but honestly I am sitting here going, "Damn, pop blisters, bandaid, back out to run...Jenn is such a beast."

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Haven't been around much....happy belated birthday Jenn!

Now off to get caught up with everyone.
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Good Heavens! When it rains it POURS! I hope you get through this next week without having a mental breakdown! JK of course you'll do fine! YOU'RE JENN! You push through anything to accomplish your goal!

Hope Brad is feeling better............ is it a cold, flu? either way - YUCK. I have to say since I've been eating primally (even when not following closely), I haven't been getting viruses. I can't remember the last time I had a cold or the flu. Oh yes, the swine flu got me the year that was running through. 104.5 fever and miserable!!! That was pre-primal
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Tomi. Brady and Makenna and I got 74 cookies cut out and baked last night. We will frost them tomorrow night. I had my Christmas party today. It went well. I did a bit of Christmas shopping tonight after the party (it ended early). Got 3 more people done. Now we just have my mom, SIL and kids left. Oh, and me. I'm probably just going to go with running gear. Not sure what else I want, really. Some injinji socks would be nice.

Re: Brad: It's a cold. He stayed home sick today and feels better tonight. But that means he HAS to work Saturday to make up the hours b/c he's out of vacation.

Canio - once you pop a blister, and cover it - all is well in the world again. They're just little blisters - smaller than an eraser head. I pop them, bandage them, and move on. They'll callous over and be fine in a week. With that, I have 4 miles to do tomorrow, so I better get them popped... Off to burn up a needle now. Have a nice night, y'all.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Canio - once you pop a blister, and cover it - all is well in the world again. They're just little blisters - smaller than an eraser head. I pop them, bandage them, and move on. They'll callous over and be fine in a week. With that, I have 4 miles to do tomorrow, so I better get them popped... Off to burn up a needle now. Have a nice night, y'all.
    Ah, that makes sense. I was thinking of the huge ones I used to get doing ruck marches (I never could get a pair of boots that fit well enough to ruck without blisters from hell).

Good luck on the 4 miles!

I'm getting sick. It's just a cold but it has my nose stuffed up to the point of not being able to breathe properly. It might possibly affect my run today. We'll see. It's all in my nose, so maybe I'll be ok. As long as I don't develop a headache, I suspect I'll be ok.

And now that I mention headache, I'm starting to feel the pressure. *sigh*

My ezcema is flaring. Looks lovely, let me tell ya. I get it on my face - wonderful spot. I develop red splotches and dry patches. I try to keep coconut oil on it to keep the dryness at bay, but the red spots are impossible to hide. I had a few people ask about it at the Christmas Party yesterday.

I also have a deep inflammed spot on my chin. I think Nameless called it a cyst once before. Every time I stray from the primal principles, it makes an appearance. It's not what you typically think of when you think of acne - at least I don't think of it. It's large, it's painful and it's not going away. Not even with tea tree oil. My skin is broken out in other areas as well - hairline, chin, back. It's quite attractive, let me tell ya... It doesn't help that I'm eating like crap and I'm finishing my cycle, so hormones are ramped as well.

And I'm bloated to beat hell! OMG I can't believe how puffy I feel! Pants don't fit at all! I went from almost needing a size 10 to looking like a sausage in my size 12. I want so badly to start the whole30 now, but I know there is NO WAY I'll be able to navigate Christmas following Whole30. I'll just be miserable and hungry everywhere we go. I'm just going to reserve myself to attempting to eat lightly. I need the holidays to be over now, please.

I thought about starting my Whole30 on the 26th, but Brad and I plan to enjoy some adultish beverages for New Year's Eve, so I will probably wait. I could start eating Whole30 and just not say I'm doing Whole30 until after the new year's bash where we do some drinking at home after our kids go to bed and play Wii Mario Kart all night long. Pretty wild New Year's celebration, let me tell ya! lol

I don't know what I'll do when, but I do know one thing is for certain... SAD is not for me. It wasn't right for me before, but now I know for sure it's not right for me. The way I feel, the way I've ballooned up 20 lbs so quickly, and the way my skin looks are all indications that SAD is not the proper human diet for my body.

I'm just really frustrated right now and what's more aggravating is that now is not the right time. Whole30 is hard enough on it's own... trying to navigate Christmas with Whole30 rules will be impossible unless I cook all my own food and not eat a single thing provided by anyone else. I'm not sure I'd be willing to do that...

So for now, primal/paleo at home as much as possible, until January 1.
    Last edited by jenn26point2; 12-18-2013 at 10:22 AM.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    That is the best you can do Jenn. I am doing the same. Keeping it as Primal as possible.