Page 49 of 593 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149549 ... LastLast

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 49

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    You could shred it and make a meatzza! I've heard that shredded chicken as the crust is reaaallly good (with egg and cheese, I think, to bind it).

I used to always get hungry at 10 AM, never any earlier, when I started eating Primal. Sipping water, I could successfully wait it out till lunch, but it wasn't until I started having high protein breakfasts that I was waking up appropriately hungry. Inappropriately would be when I am hypoglycemic and wake up trembling and unable to focus and anxious due to poor blood sugar control.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I think sugar is pure EVIL! and probably every womans biggest hurdle when it comes to trying to be healthy and lose some weight. Maybe estrogen causes us to crave it?

Walking is good........ I'm out the door right now for my 2.75 miles. Have a good day!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    we only have a half hour to walk, so we only go about a mile - maybe a bit more.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I wonder what it is that my brain/body thinks it needs that I have this insatiable need to eat. I can't keep my hands out of the almonds. Maybe I need some carbs and should seek out a salad...

UPDATE: no salad bar available. It was already torn down and put away. Only other options were infused with wheat. Chose a Dove dark chocolate bar instead... loaded with sugar. *hangs head in shame*
    Last edited by jenn26point2; 05-30-2012 at 11:06 AM.

I am in homework hell right now. My advisor had me take these two classes together and said that they have a low workload so I should be relatively comfortable... WRONG! I have 1 paper due on Thursday (3 pages, single spaced) on an article I haven't read yet - said article is about manipulation in politics (zzzzz) and 10 pages long (other article option is 20 pages long), and 2 papers due in my other class on Sunday, as well as a write up on two different discussion topics - I already turned in 2 but there are two more to do. Holy shit, Batman! I'm swamped!! Bad deal. by the way, the two papers and the 4 discussion questions are due in my online class... I thought this class would be easy - Social Media Marketing - using facebook to market your business. Who woulda thunk it would be informationally intense???

Ok... discussion questions answered and submitted... now to work on the paper that is due tomorrow... This article is a snooze-fest though! ZZZZZZZZzzzzz

TStreich is offline Junior Member
    Good luck with your assignments. Just take them one at a time and TRY not to stress to much! What are you going to school for?
    Theresa

SW 155 CW 148 GW 135-140

tomi is offline Senior Member
    You can do it! Like Theresa said - just one thing at a time and it will all get done.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Quote Originally Posted by TStreich View Post
    Good luck with your assignments. Just take them one at a time and TRY not to stress to much! What are you going to school for?
    I'm working on my Master's degree in Organizational Leadership. I had two options that work would pay for: Business Administration or Organizational Leadership. I didn't want to take another business theories class or accounting class or economics class, so I went with the Masters of Org Leadership. I was half way through at the start of the summer term. I have the summer and 2 semesters left until I'm done. 38 weeks until my thesis is due and I don't even have a topic yet...

The article I'm reading is about manipulation and politics and whether or not what happens in politics really falls within the definition of manipulation... it's boring as hell b/c I really couldn't give a rats ass about politics. I'm hoping I can get through it and get this paper written. We don't have class tonight, but I'm assuming we're still responsible to do the work that's due for this week.

I started taking spoonfuls of honey in hopes that it'll help my cough. I also posted on the nutrition forum if honey would help my cough. Osteopath (paleo) says that my cough is allergies rather than bacterial or viral and that Zyrtec would take care of it. I'm on day 3 of Zyrtec and no relief. She told DH the other day that it'll take about 5 days on Zyrtec. I thought honey would help speed up the process, but learned on the thread I posted that honey therapy takes about a year to achieve. Guess I'll save my honey. It's really weird b/c I've never had any real allergy issues before going Primal. Most of the people who responded to my question said that they saw allergy relief by giving up grains, but so far, not I. And tomorrow marks 3 weeks that I've been battling this cough. I want it to go away. Had two spoonfuls of honey this morning. I hope it doesn't set off a sugar binge.

DH is home sick again today. 2 days now. Yesterday he compained of diarrhea and stomach cramping. Today it's sinuses. For the last 3 days he's eaten wheat. He never officially gave wheat up, but he did take a break from it for a while. I don't think food poisoning is much of an issue anymore so I'm inclined to believe that it's the wheat wrecking havoc on his body.

I'm so excited b/c I ordered the book Eat Like a Dinosaur. It's a cookbook by the Paleo Parents geared toward paleo kid foods. I've been salivating over this book for months but haven't felt like we were in a place that I could justify ordering it. I decided to use up the last of the gift card I got from my employers to buy it. I ordered it on Tuesday and just got a notice from Amazon that it should be delivered today. I am so freaking excited about this book!

Tonight I'm going to make some gravy out of bone broth (I should sample the broth first I guess) and add some chicken to it to put over mashed potatoes tonight. It seems like a great meal idea for a cold rainy day. And it's comfort food to boot.

I'm not doing well with my no sugar thing. Tuesday night I had watermelon (hello Glycemic Index!!) and Greek yogurt. Last night I had 3 spoonfuls of honey and a Dove dark chocolate bar. Today, so far, I've had 2 spoonfuls of honey. I guess so far today the sugar has been naturally produced, but it's still sugar. I have really got to get a grip on this sugar addiction or I'm never going to achieve my goals. I have, however, successfully avoided Mt. Dew. I've had a few sips of Pepsi (when DH and I had Wendy's the weekend before last), but it's not Mt. Dew. I think I can safely let my guard down about Mt. Dew. I'm not even tempted by it anymore... but sugar. *sigh* Sugar is a nasty, evil, deceitful bastard!!

Plan for today:

Meal 1:
    4 sausage links
    vitamins
    Zyrtec

Meal 2:
    taco meat
    iceberg lettuce
    shredded at home cheddar
    sour cream
    salsa

Meal 3:
    chicken gravy made with free range chicken and free range chicken bone broth
    mashed potatoes
    green beans

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Oh and I have to tell you a rather funny thing... my supervisor does CrossFit. He didn't follow the Paleo diet that they recommend until recently. Yesterday he was going through the foods he has at work and asked me if I wanted his instant oatmeal. I told him no thanks and he tossed it. Then later someone brought in cupcakes from a retirement ceremony and offered one to us. My boss ate one and tried to convince us that the calorie content in one cupcake was less than the calorie content of the almonds I was eating. I told her I wasn't concerned about the calories, but rather the wheat flour used in making it and the sugar in the icing. Supervisor mentioned that he wasn't having one because he's following the paleo diet that his crossfit box subscribes to. Then he tells me that's why he threw out the oatmeal - b/c it was processed and loaded with sugar. He commented that he was going to bring in some regular oats. I told him oats are processed and not paleo b/c our bodies aren't supposed to eat them. I explained that they're processed to remove the antinutritents that poison us. His eyes glassed over. He responded with "crossfit paleo allows oats".

WHAT?? Whatever. And today, he's eating Kashi cereal... he's not paleo. No fooling me!!