Page 483 of 589 FirstFirst ... 383433473481482483484485493533583 ... LastLast
Results 4,821 to 4,830 of 5889

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 483

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I have a friend who goes to Disney every year. She goes through a travel agent when she sets it up and does all kinds of crazy stuff - last time she swam with dolphins. I'm not sure we'd need to swim with dolphins, I think park activities would be enough. I just wonder how much she spends on her trips.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

4 mile run today. Felt very off. I felt slow and heavy and weak. I never found my "rhythm". I know the run was "comfortable" based on breathing and pace was supposedly 10:54 per mile, but it just felt like I wasn't getting anywhere. And my feet got cold. 42 degrees is pushing it in vibrams. New shoes should be here tomorrow, so I'll head out in them on Saturday for 6 miles.

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Good luck with the new shoes
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

I submitted a proposal to proofread and edit a book written by an 11 year old. I hope I get the job.

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I submitted a proposal to proofread and edit a book written by an 11 year old. I hope I get the job.
    I hope it is better the Eragon.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

who knows. Her parent - who posted the ad - of course things she's a gifted writer for her age. I offered to proofread and edit *kindly* so as not to shatter her 11 year old self esteem for $100.

I put in for two other jobs too that are beta reader related. One is looking simply for misspellings - misspellings stick out like a sore thumb to me, so I think I'd be a good one to read his/her book. We'll see if I get any invites. I hope I do. Gotta pay for that marathon and that Disney vacation somehow! lol

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    I hope it is better the Eragon.
    hahahaha Man, those books stole from so many others.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    hahahaha Man, those books stole from so many others.
    Yup, but but but he's 12! (or 14 or wtf ever. Who cares? Crap at any age is crap.)

Sinuses are kicking my ass! Snot is "normal" color, so I don't think there's an infection - just build up - again. Using the netipot and Omnaris but don't feel like I'm really getting anywhere with it. Really hoping to avoid the dr. I'd like to beat this on my own.

Brady has been experiencing some headaches since his last head injury. In September, he slipped at school and hit his head on the floor. He had quite the goose-egg. He showed signs of concussion but I didn't take him to the dr b/c all they'd do is a CT scan and say "yep, possible concussion - he'll be fine," and then charge me $5,000 for it... he's had two or three major headaches since then - migrane grade that caused vomiting and exhaustion. He'd take a nap and wake up feeling fine. So, I emailed our dr yesterday. She thinks possible "Post-Concussion Syndrome" which is said to occur for up to 3-5 months after a possible concussion and there's really nothing you can do except wait it out, treat for the pain and monitor their frequency. So, we're going to be keeping track of his headaches and if they start to come more frequently or wake him up, we're supposed to call her.

I'm thinking about switching to a lower carb method - i.e. Primal the RIGHT way. I'm not talking going VLC or anything like that, just dropping the starches and cutting back on the total number of carbs I eat. It's getting out of hand. But I won't start that til after Thanksgiving is over b/c there are just too many good high carb food items. I think I'll do that and keep dairy around for a while to see what I can get done. I'll do this between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I'm going to monitor how it affects my marathon training. I know it can be done - running low carb - but I want to monitor how it makes me feel. I love running fasted b/c I find that energy surge when I burn up all my glycogen stores - but recently I've had enough carbs to keep a horse running for hours, so no mega surge for me in recent weeks. And I'm gaining weight hand over fist, so it's time to change it up again. After Christmas, I'll probably do a Whole30 again.

12 days til I go to Tennessee!! So excited to see my friend again. It's been almost 3 years.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    You got a lot going on, girl~

Get some Kill Everything Tea!!!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.