Page 481 of 593 FirstFirst ... 381431471479480481482483491531581 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,810 of 5927

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 481

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Wow. That is exciting!

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I have absolutely no doubts in my mind whatsoever that you have got this in the bag, Jenn!
    You have just become my favorite person, Tasha! Thank you for that.

There are only 18 weeks left until the race. That means, training should have started two weeks ago. lol Mileage ramps up quickly, but that should be ok since I have such a good solid base mileage under my belt. This weekend, I'm supposed to run 6 miles.

There are only three runs on the training schedule that worry me - the 16 miler, the 18 miler and the 20 miler. After doing 15 miles, I know I can do 16 with no worries, and I think I could eek out another 3 miles to do 18. And since I'll be training with a walk/run method, I think I'll be ok. The time that it'll take to do said runs is what worries me the most. But, it's only three times that I'll be gone that long. But, walk/run obviously takes more time that just flat out running... so, who knows. Maybe I'll aim for running the whole distances - and then doing walk/run at the race. Given that this race has a 14 mile hill climb, there'll be a bit of walking for sure.

Oh and I'll be doing a lot of my training at Wildcat Den (where I did the 25k - 15.5 miler a week ago) so I can tackle said 14 mile hill...
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

canio6 Guest
    Dang, a marathon huh? That is crazy, uh, I mean awesome...yeah... >.>

Seriously though, you will rock that sh*t!

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Awesome, Jen! You can do EET!
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

First MARATHON training run is complete. 3.1 miles at a 10:36 pace. It felt good to run - except I need to pick up my feet. I tripped on my own feet 3 times! lol

Ordered new shoooozzzzz. I ordered two pairs of minimalist runners. I'm not brave enough to run 26.2 in vibrams just yet. And I'm definitely not brave enough to do it through the winter or on the desert floor. So, I ordered a pair of these in the bright pink and yellow and a pair in black and pink. I plan to alternate the pairs between runs and once marathon training is done, I'll have two pairs of kick ass shoes to wear around.

I ordered them from New Balance instead of 6pm b/c New Balance has a better return policy (they'll actually let me USE the shoes before I determine whether or not they'll work for me). They're $12 a pair more than at 6pm.com, but I found a 10% discount and free shipping offer at Upromise.com (plus I get 5% back towards my kids' college fund by buying through uPromise), so I went there for them. I only ended up paying $8 extra for the better return policy.

I'm so freaking excited guys. I'm nervous, anxious, scared shitless, and excited all in one.

Here's the website for the race if you want to read up on what I'll be doing for my very first ever marathon.

I have officially stepped into the realm of crazy runner girl.

canio6 Guest
    Oh, yeah, that course is no joke. Not that you won't kick it's ass but dang, way to jump into the deep end

Off the high dive even! lol

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Off the high dive even! lol
    Indeed. I talk about doing the ruck march every year then talk myself out of it. You're going to run the damn thing...that is f'ing impressive.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Wow. What a cool course. So proud of you!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I don't think I'd survive the ruck march. I get shin splints when I try to march/walk fast. I hated ruck marching when I was in basic b/c my shins would get soooo angry! They'd BURN so badly. I still cannot mall walk. lol