Page 480 of 579 FirstFirst ... 380430470478479480481482490530 ... LastLast
Results 4,791 to 4,800 of 5785

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 480

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    So I found a pair of shoes I like and want... now I just have to convince myself that they're worth $100... maybe I'll tool around on their facebook page and see if I can find a coupon code or something...
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

HOLY CRAP! The bake sale raised $216.75!!! WAY more than anticipated!

Tomorrow is "Jersey Day". Civilians and military are allowed to step out of the confines of the standard dress code and invited to wear sports attire to show allegiance to their favorite team. Each person is asked to donate $1 in return for the priviledge... how we word that is touchy b/c the government has rules against "soliciting" money from employees. We've received $43 from people wanting to wear jerseys tomorrow.

In our first day of fundraising, we raised $259.75... the minimum we need is $360. How awesome to be so close already!! (our overall goal is $600)

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Nice fundraising Jenn!
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Ok... so, I haven't told you all this, but I have gained 18 lbs since the end of September. That's 18 lbs in roughly 2 months...

My calories are within range. My carbs are a bit high, but they were high before I started gaining too.

6 of those 18 lbs were discovered after my last race - the 15.5 mile trail race that left me seriously hurting, so I think those 6 are strictly body repair inflammation related. Since 4 of them have recently fallen off, I'm inclined to believe that run is the cause for those (or maybe it was the gluten products I ate the day before/day of the race).

In any event, I've gained 14 lbs now (since losing 4).

I suspect with 99.99% certainty that the weight is all water weight b/c my calories have NOT been high enough to justify any real weight gain.

What in my life could be causing such a huge inflammation response? Well, that run was one of them, but I was already 12 lbs heavier before that. The Texas Roadhouse dinner full of beer and bread could be another, but again, I was already up 12 lbs prior to that meal.

I have been thinking about this a lot. The only things I added consistenly that were "out of the ordinary" during that time period is dairy and refined sugar (by way of Halloween candy and Milky Way Simply Caramel bars - those things are AMAZING!)

So, for the next two weeks, I'm going to cut out refined sugar and dairy. While I suspect sugar is partially to blame, I think dairy is the main culprit. Wait... our first thanksgiving is on the 24th... so I'll cut for a week for sure and see what happens.

A week isn't that long. I can do a week. Easy peasy. I'll weigh in before our Thanksgiving dinner to see where things are at weight wise and clothing fit wise (my jeans are tight). If there's a significant change, I'll know that dairy is indeed the problem, but like I said, I believe with 99.9% certainty, that dairy is my problem.

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Wow Jenn...sorry to hear that. It is frustrating isn't it? Trying to figure this all out. I gained 4 lbs in one day not long ago...of course it was inflammation... But from what? I pretty much eat the same thing over & over, with the occasional fall 'off plan'...was it a piece of bread...or a coke...that I consumed? Or whatever item I fell off the wagon over? I know it took me over a week to finally get over it & the scale to come back down...but yet other times I can eat badly for a whole week & only be up 2 lbs! Our bodies are very mysterious...& a little spooky!

Hope you figure it out. (((Hugs)))
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I understand a sudden weight gain - and the confusion it causes!!! I gained 10 pounds over 6 weeks. And I'm pretty sure it was all the cashews I was snacking on. Sometimes we do it to ourselves and swallowing the blame is a tough one!! At least it is for me! I want to find some "other" cause for the weigh gain. But - it is what it is. You'll get it off again - you have all the tools you need and you know how to use them

I have complete confidence in you!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

PaleoPenn is offline Senior Member
    I discovered that switching from a Sugar Burner to a Fat Burner not only allowed me to lose a lot of weight but it made me THAT much more sensitive to even small amounts of Sugar. Meaning that I would gain rather quickly if I "indulged" for a few days but the great thing is that my Body and Mind are now seemingly accustomed to the Primal Lifestyle so those added pounds come off easily and rather quickly when I get back to it.
    50 year old Male
    Current Weight: 195

Thanks, PaleoPenn. I hadn't thought about that. I had sugar on my mind as a culprit as well but am definitely focusing on dairy as the main problem.

I'm in my second day without dairy and already I feel the difference. My ring is loose again and I don't feel bloated.

It's funny. Whenever a new person pops into my journal I feel embarrassed by all the things they may have read. It's one thing to say all the things I have to people who have been reading my journal for months or who I've been following myself. It's a completely different feeling when a new person comes around. It's all good though. At least a new friend knows what they're getting themselves into.

So, um guys... haha... I signed up for a marathon today. It's in March. March 23rd. At White Sands Missle Range in New Mexico... I'll let you Google the race and see what I've gotten myself into. lol

Shit just got serious! It's time to take the 'diet' seriously and get back in the game. I've got 26.2 miles to train for. I'm finally going to earn my username!

PS Canio, I'll be in your area of the world!

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I have absolutely no doubts in my mind whatsoever that you have got this in the bag, Jenn!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).