Page 478 of 555 FirstFirst ... 378428468476477478479480488528 ... LastLast
Results 4,771 to 4,780 of 5548

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 478

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Eating clean will help the body heal after that long run!

Nice that Brad's work gives him an anniversary gift. Hope he picks something you will both enjoy. The pans are nice!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Eating clean will help the body heal after that long run!

Nice that Brad's work gives him an anniversary gift. Hope he picks something you will both enjoy. The pans are nice!
    In addition to this gift, they are throwing a party for him at work with a catering budget of $100, and gave him $150 to take his family out for dinner.

Speaking of free stuff given by his company, we are expecting our holiday product box anytime now. It usually arrives right around Thanksgiving. It'll include some products - usually newly released products or things that are still in the marketing phase (one year we got some Febreze car clip on air fresheners before they hit the stores), a nice gift of some sort (one year it was a giant serving platter, another year it was his and hers electric toothbrushes, another year a cigar box, and another year a soft cooler with a hard plastic liner), and some chocolate covered almonds... that's all I'm looking for - the almonds. lol

His company spends a LOT of money on gifts for the employees. I think it's great and can't imagine the kind of figures they spend on this type of stuff, but it produces a huge loyalty to the company. It's really a great company to work for.

CRAZINESS! What other company does this kind of stuff?
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    CRAZINESS! What other company does this kind of stuff?
    You could always work for the feds and not even get a cost of living increase for 3 years...

I bet Laz does good by his employees! He gives them great holiday breaks!

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    You could always work for the feds and not even get a cost of living increase for 3 years...

I bet Laz does good by his employees! He gives them great holiday breaks!
    yeah, but he is not hiring. I asked
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Feeling depressed, bummed, lost, direction-less right now. I think there's a number of causes - poor diet, being so incredibly sore from the run, Russian Circus, less sunlight. I think the changing season has a lot to do with it. It's getting cold and I don't like it. With the changing season comes a lack of direction for meal planning. I find myself wanting comfort foods that aren't easily made paleo. I find myself in a food rut. I don't want to grill b/c it's cold... but I don't want to make the same foods in the oven.

I want to quit dairy, but that further limits the meals I can make for the family. I know that consuming dairy (especially liquid dairy) is impacting my ability to lose weight.

I want to go low carb again (not VLC, but low carb) and that pretty much requires me to keep dairy b/c if I cut dairy, and grains and carbs, what is left to eat? Boring ass meat? LC would also eliminate a lot of fruit from my diet, but all the really good fruit is out of season now anyway so it's nearly impossible to afford.

I want to do a Whole30, but I don't want to give up dairy again...

I'm seriously feeling lost and direction-less. I've gained 18 lbs in a month (or so). I'm uncomfortable in my pants. My gut is uncomfortable. I feel bloated. Of course, a lot could be diet related... but it could also simply be TOM related. The last 6 lbs I gained since Friday morning. Could be the beer I drank Saturday. Could be the Texas Roadhouse bread I ate. Could be the pizza I had Sunday night b/c I was hurting too much and too tired to make dinner.

Could be anything...

I am SOOO tired of trying to lose weight. So tired. I just want to be done. I know what works for me, but I don't want to do it. I don't feel mentally ready for a Whole30 right now - but I know that's what works for me.

I just... I don't know... I feel off. Not enthusiastic, not motivated, not driven... just blah.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Hugs.

I ain't got sh*t for words of wisdom, but hugs I have.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Jenn -- I think you need a mental break, but you also need to reel in the freedom you've given yourself. don't try a whole30 right now. Maybe just focus again on the PB and marks 80/20. Get a firm grip on the basics again - and remember why you gave up processed/gluten/sugar foods in the first place. If dairy is really bothering you then let it go. There's lots of great recipes that don't have any dairy - any you'll feel better for giving them up. Not deprived - but liberated!

I gained 10 pounds over a period of about 6 weeks -- and I attribute it all to the cashews I was devouring! there wasn't anything else to blame it on. I wasn't eating ice cream or chocolate or pie or anything with grains. Just LOTS of cashews! Those little devils pack a pretty dense load of calories! Now I'm struggling to get back to my low 180's and keep the momentum going. But since giving up the cashews I've replaced the snacking-grazing-nibbling with corn chips and cookies. Stupid!!!!! Maybe I should learn to love chewing on ICE!!!

I think I found my resolve yesterday........... I didn't touch anything with sugar or grains! And my house is nut free!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Good Luck, Jenn. I hope you figure out what path you need to take. I am not going to dish out advice. I know what the struggle and confusion feels like. Just gather the best of the knowledge you have gleaned and formulate a new plan.

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    I always have days around TTOM where I feel very fat. Things get more complicated because I am WAY past the age where periods should be a distant memory. Every time one visits I get POed, which leads to an I don't care attitude, and I can end up making choices that tend to pack on pounds quickly.

With all of that said, I suggest not making any decisions about changing anything until you are a few days after the circus leaves town.

I agree marcadav. No decisions til this is over.

I have been peeing like crazy today so I know things are clearing out. My ring is loose again where earlier today it was tight. I know some of what I'm feeling is just bloat from my period and the frustration that comes with the annoying hormonal shift. My shins hurt and that is also annoying.

I'm feeling better tonight. I stuck to the primal guidelines today and had a high fat snack tonight (cream, a tiny bit of honey, bit of vanilla, coconut and Enjoy Life chips - just like ice cream, but not solid). I didn't snack during the day and even came home with both apples and orange still intact in my lunch box. The LR came through for me and kept me full enough that I didn't feel the need to graze.

It's almost bedtime so I'm going to grab The Stick (like a rolling pin but designed for rolling out/massaging muscles) and do sme work on my shins, then go to bed. 'Night all.