Page 475 of 590 FirstFirst ... 375425465473474475476477485525575 ... LastLast
Results 4,741 to 4,750 of 5892

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 475

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Terrific posts...both of them!! I am one of those guilty of not having a lot of patience. Altho last year I did stick with going the paleo route a good 5 months, but then other things "got in the way". This year I have almost had a sense of desperation to find anything that works, like Right Now! I know in my brain that that is not the way it works...but the darn heart sometimes gets in the way. I'm going back to square one & remind myself WHY I need to make the changes that I need to re-gain good health. For me its easy to lose sight of that as I get wrapped up in the here & now...& my brain has a tendency to go into over load, with to much input..ie:info

Great posts...they have given me something to really think about.
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Ah, I wondered why my ears were burning. Thanks for the kudos.

I agree with Jenn about sticking things out for a while. I have given most experiments at least 6 weeks. Even when binges occurred, I went right back to the plan.
    Another thought... I wanted to lower the carbs so bad when I started LR, to get faster weight loss. Fortunately I was smart enough to keep them up and be patient. My pms symptoms have improved immensely.
    I like to keep the functional parts of some of my previous experiments. Hence the reason that I am choosing to eat moderate carb with LR and continue to supplement amino acids. I am also working on cutting out AS and most dairy because w30 has taught me that my body prefers being fairly clean of those things.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 11-07-2013 at 02:28 PM.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    But, aside from just trying everything until she found something that worked, Paula ALSO gave each trial a fair shake ...She didn't bounce from plan to plan, protocol to protocol and only stick with those that gave her instant gratification. .... Most people aren't that patient.

Most people get scared off by the first random, completely irrelevant pound gained or give up if they don't lose 10 lbs in so many days. Very few people are willing to give something a fair chance at working before moving on to the next big idea, so very few people actually know what will or won't TRULY work for them. They see this weight loss thing as a sprint to the finish rather than a marathon that requires training, endurance, stamina and patience.

Yes, yes, yes!!!

Question...& I'm sure I know the answer, but it's early & my brain is not fully awake yet. When you guys say that you have upped your carbs/calories, what have you upped 'em with? Vegi's are generally low carb/calorie anyway & you can only eat so much broccoli! I have a very short list of vegi's that I like too. Same with fruit. I've generally been avoiding fruit because I read that even tho it's natural it's still a "sugar". Maybe I read to much!! Ha!

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    I eat one small serving of veggies with each meal. In addition, I eat a serving fruit with breakfast and lunch and a sweet potato with dinner.

Thanks Paula...that is very helpful! And shows me that just maybe I'm not that far off the mark after all.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I eat starches... *hangshead* I know that's very unpaleo... I eat rice and white potatoes in addition to regular veggies. I love sweet potatoes too.

Right now, I'm not really tracking all that accurately. I want to see what this breakfast does for my hunger and calorie needs and then I'll start tracking. Yesterday, my estimations put me at 1800 calories, over on carb goal and way under on fat.

I also need to decide if I'm going to keep dairy around or not. Really tired of clearing my throat all the time, but not really all that interested in ditching it...

Day 1 of the LR was ok. I had my high protein breakfast and by 2 I was still not hungry, but since the rules say to start out with 3 meals and b/c I had a kick ass lunch waiting for me, I forced myself to eat. Then had dinner at about 6. I was not hungry but felt the need to eat so I also had a bit of cheese before dinner. I think it was a mental desire - or a sugar craving or something. I did end up eating some chocolate later as well (close to 9).

At 7:30 I felt SO TIRED! Like wanting to go to sleep tired. I kept looking at the clock to see if it was bedtime for the kiddos yet so I could also go to bed. I'm not sure if the tiredness was due to the dinner we had (Creamy Chicken Scampi and basmati rice) or if it was a direct result of the LR... we will see how today goes.

Day 2, I've had my high protein breakfast. Feeling bloated - but that could be b/c I've also drank too much tea. For some reason, KE tea makes me feel bloated for a while.

I think it's PMS week - I really need to start keeping track of that so I know when to expect it.

It's a "Military Training Holiday" which means I am THE. ONLY. PERSON. HERE. today. I'm bored. I'm wishing all of my friends a Happy Veteran's Day individually on FB - FB dislikes this. Thinks I'm spamming everyone... Waiting a bit to send the last 6 messages. Then I will probably pick up the Kindle and read on in the Matched Trilogy. Dr. Lake suggested it. Supposed to be like Hunger Games and Divergent in the whole love triangle, revolutionary thinking kind of way. So far, it's not capturing me the way HG and Divergent did, but I'll keep reading b/c I am not good at quitting something I've started.

Ok, that is all I have... Happy Friday, all!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I'm super bored today too, but don't feel like reading.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I eat starches... *hangshead* I know that's very unpaleo... I eat rice and white potatoes in addition to regular veggies. I love sweet potatoes too.

Right now, I'm not really tracking all that accurately. I want to see what this breakfast does for my hunger and calorie needs and then I'll start tracking. Yesterday, my estimations put me at 1800 calories, over on carb goal and way under on fat.

Ok, that is all I have... Happy Friday, all!
    Please don't hang your head Jenn!! I personally don't care if its unpaleo or not!! I'm not going to be thinking in those terms anymore anyways. I want to know what real people are doing & having success with. I think that rice & potatoes are going to be allowed on MY plan...they fit into my idea of REAL food. But certainly within moderation. I am not a big fan of sweet potatoes...but I will eat them on occasion because they are good for you. I actually like them cubed & fried in a little coconut oil, with some onions. Verra tasty!

I know from past experience for me eating a BAB curbs my appetite like nobody's business, Probably to much tho...because I'm not usually hungry for lunch. If I skip lunch then I won't be getting enough calories, cause I won't eat until supper. Gotta find the balance...for me that is.

ps: Happy Veteran's day to all that have served...your service is appreciated.