Page 474 of 593 FirstFirst ... 374424464472473474475476484524574 ... LastLast
Results 4,731 to 4,740 of 5927

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 474

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    But I think his appearance, demeanor (in photos) and the vibe he puts out is perfect. It is true, however, that the actor is 28, whereas Four is only 18 in the book. There are a few of the movie stills where he looks too old, but some he looks appropriately aged. Like the first one on this link.
    Tobias Eaton - Divergent Wiki

Damn it... now I want to read the book again... Divergent is definitely my favorite of all the books.
    According to that link, he's going to be 24 in the movie, which works better for his looks. Most boys still look pretty baby-faced at 18, even if they are hardened fighters and such. I wonder if that means they're jumping Tris up to 18?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I suppose jumping Tris up to 18 would work b/c 18 means adult, moving out of the house, going off to college, etc, etc, etc. It would make more sense too b/c who lets their 16 year old move out?

Either way, I'm excited to see the movie. The details don't have to be the same to please me.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Yeah, I will definitely see it. I didn't see the Mortal Instruments movie and I'm glad (it did terribly anyway). I read the book and it was pretty awful. Apparently, the author plagiarized a lot and the whole thing is based off some fan fiction she wrote for Harry Potter.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    So I was reading with interest everyone's post about getting enough calories. I am beginning to think that may be part of why I can't seem to lose past a certain amount & why the scale won't budge. I'm probably getting about 1100 to 1200 calories a day(sometimes less if I'm just not hungry)..& according to the link Jenn posted that is waaaaayyy to low. Even for a 5'1, extremely overweight 58 yr old woman with very light exercise. For some reason that just is not computing in my feeble brain!! That just seems like way to much food for me to eat to get as many calories as it says I need to lose. Especially after the past almost 2 years of trying to eat at a large calorie deficit. So all this time I have probably been sabotaging myself??!! I've got a lot of thinking & researching to do to change my mindset. Thanks for the great discussion & the link to that calculator Jenn. Off to go do some research.
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

tomi is online now Senior Member
    EAT to LOSE ............ makes no sense - but I'm willing to try it for a bit. I think the KEY is the type of food --- REAL FOOD only - not processed/preserved/packaged junk. And no alcohol calories. That is one my biggest set backs. GRRRR
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

They key is that if you FEED your body, it will work optimally. If you create too large of a deficit, it WILL hold onto every ounce of energy it has in place already.

It's kind of like drinking water to ease bloating... logically, adding more water doesn't make sense, but if the body trusts the proper amount of water will always be abundant, it will not store it, thus shedding those excess water pounds like a diuretic.

Even if it doesn't make sense to you now, TRY it.

It didn't initially make sense to any of us to eat fat to lose fat either, but we've seen it work, right?

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I tried eating what I'm "supposed to." No quicker way for me to gain weight ,aside from eating something sulfited.When I kicked the (majority of) sulfites from my diet, I started being able to actually go by my body's cues. I'm eating what balances out to probably half- 2/3 of what I "should," but my body is happy. Granted, I may kick into starvation mode, or all this weight loss could be inflammation and I'll need to eat more when my body is done flushing all the toxins, but it seems to be working for ME. I think that is the cue. Everybody, and every body, has it's own version of what it needs, and it will differ slightly from person to person. For me, it's paleo (rice and corn masa allowed) without sulfites. For Paula, it seems to be a modifed LR. For Tasha, it appears that a modified SCD might be what she needs. It's trial and error. You hafta hear what your body is saying.
    We always had a living tree growing up with a minimum of breakable ornaments (cats and small children.) Because Texas winters are mild enough, we'd plant it around my birthday, or even a month before. My parents' place now has a small forest of pine trees, and that's not including the ones that died. When I moved out, I kept the tradition. When I moved in with Geek, and found out he is allergic to pine, I decorated a rosemary bush. He keeps pushing for a faux tree, because I'm bad about remembering to water it and getting it planted. I think we may do a Christmas Cactus instead, one of those tentacley looking ones. We kept up with the odd ornaments, too. Growing up, none of our ornaments matched, but each one had a story: "[Naiad] made this one in Pre-K," "Grampa brought this one back from Israel," "These were from the cheapie set Mom and Dad bought when the first got married." We never had a star or an angel. We had Santa Bear (A 6" teddy bear with a striped scarf) or Henrietta Hippo (a pink paisley stuffed Hippo.) Geek and I are the same way. We top the tree with a glass R2- D2 or a Knight who Says Ni (if it's the knight, his detachable limbs become further ornaments) and hang ornaments we given each other or been given over the years. I point blank refuse to buy ornaments (with the exception of R2), because I know the collection will eventually grow enough to cover more than a tabletop tree.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    They key is that if you FEED your body, it will work optimally. If you create too large of a deficit, it WILL hold onto every ounce of energy it has in place already.

It's kind of like drinking water to ease bloating... logically, adding more water doesn't make sense, but if the body trusts the proper amount of water will always be abundant, it will not store it, thus shedding those excess water pounds like a diuretic.

Even if it doesn't make sense to you now, TRY it.

It didn't initially make sense to any of us to eat fat to lose fat either, but we've seen it work, right?
    This is true. I'm gonna try it...& I think the key is as naiad said...every body is different, so ya just gotta 'speriment till you find what works. Paula is a perfect example of trial & error. What I love about her is she didn't give up, even with all her ups & downs...she kept trying different things until she seems to have found what her body was needing all along. She's such an inspiration & I admire her greatly. Hell I admire everyone here! No body is giving up but everyone just keeps trudging along, trying to figure it all out. What a great place to be for encouragement! It's what has kept me going thru this time I'm in the "dark side".
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Quote Originally Posted by theprimalcajun View Post
    This is true. I'm gonna try it...& I think the key is as naiad said...every body is different, so ya just gotta 'speriment till you find what works. Paula is a perfect example of trial & error. What I love about her is she didn't give up, even with all her ups & downs...she kept trying different things until she seems to have found what her body was needing all along. She's such an inspiration & I admire her greatly. Hell I admire everyone here! No body is giving up but everyone just keeps trudging along, trying to figure it all out. What a great place to be for encouragement! It's what has kept me going thru this time I'm in the "dark side".
    But, aside from just trying everything until she found something that worked, Paula ALSO gave each trial a fair shake - she stuck with it for at least a month, in many cases longer than a month to see how it would benefit her. She didn't bounce from plan to plan, protocol to protocol and only stick with those that gave her instant gratification. She's been with the LR for at least 6 weeks now - I think we're up to week 8 at this point. That's how it should be done - 12 weeks should be how long someone holds onto an idea before saying it doesn't work for them. Most people aren't that patient.

Most people get scared off by the first random, completely irrelevant pound gained or give up if they don't lose 10 lbs in so many days. Very few people are willing to give something a fair chance at working before moving on to the next big idea, so very few people actually know what will or won't TRULY work for them. They see this weight loss thing as a sprint to the finish rather than a marathon that requires training, endurance, stamina and patience.

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    But, aside from just trying everything until she found something that worked, Paula ALSO gave each trial a fair shake - she stuck with it for at least a month, in many cases longer than a month to see how it would benefit her. She didn't bounce from plan to plan, protocol to protocol and only stick with those that gave her instant gratification. She's been with the LR for at least 6 weeks now - I think we're up to week 8 at this point. That's how it should be done - 12 weeks should be how long someone holds onto an idea before saying it doesn't work for them. Most people aren't that patient.

Most people get scared off by the first random, completely irrelevant pound gained or give up if they don't lose 10 lbs in so many days. Very few people are willing to give something a fair chance at working before moving on to the next big idea, so very few people actually know what will or won't TRULY work for them. They see this weight loss thing as a sprint to the finish rather than a marathon that requires training, endurance, stamina and patience.
    I love this post.

It goes well with my strategy. I gave myself permission to stay obese if I got and stayed healthy. I decided to worry only about things I could control--my choices.

This has worked for me. In the almost 5 years since I started, I've gotten and stayed healthy. I've also lost about 60 lbs and kept it off.

The path is not always successful. There have been bumps in the road. They tend to center around making poor choices(under my control), needing a med tweak (out of my control), or both.