Page 473 of 553 FirstFirst ... 373423463471472473474475483523 ... LastLast
Results 4,721 to 4,730 of 5528

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 473

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    We had an "active shooter" drill at work and our office was on lockdown.
    Today must have been a DoD "active shooter exercise" day. We had one, too, but I ended up having to shelter in place in a central room with all the lights off. If it hadn't been for the shooter trying to trick us: "Let me in, let me in, help, hellllp!" screaming outside the locked door; and for him giving up and "shooting" the door and innocent people in the hallway, I could have taken a nap.

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Do you ever do a themed tree?
    Every year there's a charity benefit here, where people donate (artificial) Christmas trees for an auction. All the $$ raised goes to the Children's Hospital. They have hundreds of trees donated, and I've seen all kinds of themes: wolves, Mountain Dew, NASCAR, deer hunting, clowns, peacocks... people are so imaginative! We go just to wander around and look at all the trees!

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Hulky really wants a fake tree. I agree that they've cost effective, but I grew up with real trees and nothing can really replace them for me.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    I don't like real trees b/c I don't like stepping on pine needles. That and I'd have a hell of a time keeping it watered with 2 dogs in the house. We did a real tree once growing up and we were still finding pine needles in the carpet the following summer. We even did one of those bags that you pull up over the tree to discard it and we still ended up with pine needles everywhere. I'm coming due for a new tree though. Mine is starting to look a bit raggedy. It was a hand me down from my step mom when she got a new one.

Goldie, our shooter was in a different building, so we didn't see any action. One of these days, I imagine they'll finally do a drill in our building and quite possibly they'll choose our floor since that's where all the secure rooms are - if said shooter wants to gain access to secrets. I don't know if there's really a concern about a shooter wanting secrets or not. I'm sure shooters don't care about secrets and are just looking for maximum death toll - in which case he/she would be wise to pick a different floor. The majority of our people work in rooms that requires a security clearance and badge credentials to enter - think rooms with safe doors.

Day 1 of the Leptin Reset breakfast... I'll have 55 grams of protein, 30 grams of fat and 19 gm of carbohydrate. According to the "rules" the protein content is right on, but the carbs are a tick high. BUT, since I have less than 30 lbs to lose at this point, I can get away with eating more carbs throughout the day. Most of the carbs with breakfast come from the milk (11) I'm using for my protein shake, but the protein powder provides 7 (and apparently eggs provide 1 gm?? Wtf?).

It is my hope that this LR will keep me feeling full enough long enough that I won't eat sugar before bed or snack throughout the day out of boredom... but then again, having some work to do would probably help that the most... I really need to be busier...

Today is the last work day of the week for the military so I dubbed today Casual Friday in honor of them. Wearing jeans and loving it. Tomorrow I will be THE. ONLY. PERSON. HERE! I think I'll bring my kindle and spend the day reading. Prop my feet up on the desk, kick back and read. I may not have told ya, but my civilian boss got tasked with a temporary assignment for 4 months, so she's not working here presently. They replaced her with a lieutenant colonel for that time period, so when there's a military training holiday (a day off before a real holiday), I am the only one here... which means absolutely ZERO work to do - which is way more sucky than any other day. I haven't decided if I'll take a half day or if I'll relish the quiet and read. A friend recommended I read the Paleo Manifesto. When I told her I'd look it up, her response was "please". So, she must really want me to read it... Maybe I'll start that tomorrow since I'm completely out of Divergent related books to read...

Which reminds me... those of you who were intrigued by my obsession with Divergent, if you have an empty hour, there are two books I recommend you read. One is Free Four which is the knife throwing scene with Tris from Four's point of view. The other is The Transfer, which is the story behind Four choosing Dauntless - gives a bit of history on him. The Transfer is a 30 minute read (according to Kindle) and Free Four is a 15 minute read. Both are worth reading - but not nearly long enough to get me a good Four Fix. Damn I can't wait til March when that movie is released.

Ok, I'm gonna go check in with my favorite journalers.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I looked up the actor they chose for Four after finishing Divergent. He looks way too old for the role, IMO =\
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Re: Leptin Protocol carb rules...As you know most LR experts recommend eating under 50 daily.

This is the only one that I have not followed. I eat 75-110 carbs / day. I have concluded that vlc is not for me. Eventually (after a few weeks) I suffer from extreme mood swings. My hormones have stablized on my LR plan with slighty higher carbs.
    As with everything else, this is a personal experiment.

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I looked up the actor they chose for Four after finishing Divergent. He looks way too old for the role, IMO =\
    But I think his appearance, demeanor (in photos) and the vibe he puts out is perfect. It is true, however, that the actor is 28, whereas Four is only 18 in the book. There are a few of the movie stills where he looks too old, but some he looks appropriately aged. Like the first one on this link.
    Tobias Eaton - Divergent Wiki

Damn it... now I want to read the book again... Divergent is definitely my favorite of all the books.
    Last edited by jenn26point2; 11-07-2013 at 08:19 AM.

This one definitely suits my fancy.

Attachment 14402

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    We have a 2-star in my building, that's probably why the shooter came to us!

We buy a living Christmas tree every year; no more than 5' tall in the pot. And then in the spring we plant it in the yard! We now have nine "Christmas" trees growing in our yard! Each year we pick a tree to go to a specific spot in the yard. It takes a little care between bringing it inside for Christmas, then putting it out on our (glassed-in) deck until it warms up enough to plant, but it's worth it.

Christmas lights are my favorite outside decoration, and I put lights on every one of our outside "Christmas" trees!

We also have waaaay to many ornaments to put on one small tree, so I bought one of those metal-frame "trees" and hang a lot of our ornaments on it. And with a living tree, the pine needles are minimal... like, a few I pick out of the carpet with my fingers.

The first time we did this, our dogs were SO happy... "Hey, look, indoor plumbing!" But it only took one scolding (as they were sniffing but hadn't yet lifted their legs) for them to understand. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Re: Leptin Protocol carb rules...As you know most LR experts recommend eating under 50 daily.

This is the only one that I have not followed. I eat 75-110 carbs / day. I have concluded that vlc is not for me. Eventually (after a few weeks) I suffer from extreme mood swings. My hormones have stablized on my LR plan with slighty higher carbs.
    As with everything else, this is a personal experiment.
    Yeah, I'm not sure I'll follow the 50 gm of carbs at first. I think I do better with a bit more as well. But I need to find out where I'm at exactly before I decide how low I want to go, so it'll be a while before I restrict carbs. I'll probably just remove the starchy carbs but keep sweet potatoes around.

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    We have a 2-star in my building, that's probably why the shooter came to us!
    We have a 2-star next door, but our shooter went to an area that is not heavily populated... but the USO and Army Customer Service are in that building, so maybe that's why they chose it? Offices that are open to the public and all...

So far, Day 1 of the leptin reset and I'm thinking about food, but absolutely NOT hungry...