Page 472 of 584 FirstFirst ... 372422462470471472473474482522572 ... LastLast
Results 4,711 to 4,720 of 5832

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 472

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Thanks for the tip on the calculator I used it too. My numbers came out 1532 to survive, 2107 to maintain and 1685 to lose about 50 pounds in a year.

I'm gonna try it......... like you said, I don't have anything to lose. But if I gain I'm coming after you!!!!! (kidding of course)

I'll have to go back to my tracking of macros - I've sorta liked not doing this. But - I can do it again.

Yeah for smaller water/sewer bills! and I love the grateful list
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    But if I gain I'm coming after you!!!!! (kidding of course)
    hey now, sprinting is totally primal. Put on those running shoes and see if you can catch her
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Canio

Jenn - I just tracked my food intake for the past 4 days. I'm averaging 1385 calories/day .......... plus the rum I drank over the weekend ( a LOT ). So........ I'm going to try to eat about 300 calories MORE (can see my "Home Alone" face!!!?) and see what happens with my weight. That means just adding in a little more fat - I can do that.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Tomi, I'm glad you're going to try it. And I hope it works for you.

I just finished the last book in the Divergent series. We had an "active shooter" drill at work and our office was on lockdown. In order to go into lockdown, we have to get away from interior windows (I'm on the second floor, so no one can see into the exterior windows) and remain away from sight. My desk is directly in front of a bank of interior windows, so I had to step away. I didn't have anything to do for about 45 minutes, so I read the last hour or so of Allegiant (Kindle said I had an hour and 10 minutes left but that also includes the time it takes to read the acknowledgements, ads, etc at the end of the book).

I finished it and I cried. Not sobbing crying, but tears and snot and the whole ball of wax. It was sad.

Now that I'm done, I posted my raving reviews on Amazon for all to see - I did my best not to provide any kind of spoiler and even asked the author for an alternate ending to Allegiant in the off chance that she'd take me seriously. I would assume the author will read the reviews written about her book - not that any changes to the book happens as a result of them, but still. I'd read them if it were me.

I loved the series enough that I purchased the 5 supplemental short stories she wrote from Four's point of view. I love these characters so much and want them to remain in my life... it's so hard to say goodbye to a good story. The author made it possible for the reader to gain closure though, which is a good thing. [SPOILER]I do NOT like that Tris dies and I hated reading about how Four was dealing with it, [/SPOILER] but honestly, I don't think it could have ended any other way. Of COURSE I want the ending where they solve all the world's problems, get married, buy a house with a picket fence and have 2.35 kids and a dog... unfortunately, that didn't happen and I could tell even in book 2 that I wasn't going to get that ending.

I'm good with it. I'm very happy with the series and would read it again in a heartbeat. I can't recommend it enough to someone who doesn't mind missing sleep over a book.

now... back to my primal life.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I am going to start the LR fuel plan. (I call it a fuel plan b/c I am hesitant to call it a 'diet' plan)

I have found a protein powder that is moderately acceptable in comparison to the Primal Fuel. It's be EAS, a favorite I've enjoyed and trusted for years. By adding one scoop of that powder to 1 cup of 2% milk each day to my 2 eggs/3 bacon breakfast, I'll bring in 55 gm protein first thing in the morning.

I have a wee bit of said protein powder at home so I may start tomorrow... I need to check and see if the "ready to drink" versions of the shake provide comparable protein levels b/c they are way more convenient than the powdered version. Eh, it doesn't. Only gives 17 compared to 26. Booo hisss... it's too expensive in ready to drink form to drink more than one in a morning, so I guess I'll do the powdered version.

This year for Christmas, Brad and I are going to use red and white fishing bobbers and hookless fishing lures to decorate our tree. It was inspired by a gift card we saw at Gander Mountain that was covered in red and white bobbers and looked very Christmasy. Here's what inspired me.

CAROUSEL-1.jpg

Do you ever do a themed tree?

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    That's a cute idea for the tree. My family always just used the same old ornaments year after year, slowly accumulating new ones via gifts & made by friends. The ones I have now are ones that my mom was fine parting with, were technically mine anyway, or some cheap glass ones I bought at CVS or Walgreens. Hulky and I should definitely get ourselves a "first Christmas" ornament this year. Maybe a TARDIS . I'd like to have some more "neutral" ornaments so we could mix and match, eventually, but I don't think I'd ever theme it by color or anything like that.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

When hubby and I got married we started a tradition of buying a new ornament each year - each person in the family got to pick out any ornament they wanted. when the kids grew and moved out the ornaments they chose went with them. And now that we are empty nesters the tree is filled with new ornaments from our 12 years of marriage. We discarded anything from our past lives. Its a wonderful tradition that we will continue to enjoy even though the kids are grown and out of the house. Of course I've picked up random ornaments from clearance tables and such over the years as well.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Funny thing is that last year we only outfitted our tree with ornaments made by our kids at the daycare they used to attend. They filled our tree. I'm not loving the idea of not displaying the kids' ornaments this year so it's quite possible we won't end up doing the bobber idea in the end. It was just an idea that we both liked. And the ornaments would be reusable in the sense that we can always use fishing gear.

I am going to start LR tomorrow. I am going to use EAS brand protein powder. It's inexensive and easily accessible (at Walmart) and won't require me to order it or pay a crap ton of money for it (like Shakeology). It's got some "bad" ingredients in it (for instance, soy lecithin, carageenan, maltodextrin, xantham gum, sucralose) but I'm having a very hard time finding some that doesn't include at least one of those ingredients and doesn't cost a fortune. Vitacost has a really good price on a 2 lb container - better than Amazon's. So I'll probably order some this weekend from there to save some fundage - depending on shipping. Gotta price shop Walmart first.

But in the meantime, I do have some at home - probably enough for 4 days or so, so I'll use that up and worry about replacing it later.

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    That's a great idea for a tree Jenn, though I think tomi's tradition is a great one too. Post pictures of your tree when it is all decorated

We light the menorah as K is Jewish and I am too lazy (I mean, culturally sensitive) to put up a tree.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Tomi, we had that tradition too. We bought the new "frosty friends" each year. When we split up I kept the ornaments and I still get the new one each year. My kids like seeing what the new one looks like. And I think they like seeing the family tradition continue even though things are different.

I started a collection for each one of my kids and grandkids too. I add to it each year as a stocking stuffer.