Page 471 of 593 FirstFirst ... 371421461469470471472473481521571 ... LastLast
Results 4,701 to 4,710 of 5927

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 471

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    2000 calories is my aim since my armband consistently says I burn about 2,500 a day.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I just finished reading Divergent! I think I will continue the series, it's fun I would definitely choose Dauntless, the piercings & tattoos are proof haha.
    If it means anything to you, when I think of Tris, I picture you.

I'd be torn between Erudite (b/c I like to research and learn) and Dauntless.

Just to warn you, the author's writing style changes just slightly in Book 2, but vastly in Book 3. The character profiles change too. Four is less tough guy and Tris is less shrinking violet. Their love story is still good, but there's much more arguing in book 2. It focuses more on Tris's struggles with the death of her parents and Will and how she's going to tell everyone she killed her friend. The upsets in Book 2 are very interesting and shocking to say the least. I was very surprised by some of the plot twists.

Book three bounces back and forth between Tris's POV and Four's POV. It's difficult and awkward at first, but I think, now that I'm on chapter 34, that it's necessary so you understand their individual struggles and given the way the book is supposed to end (do not read Amazon reviews if you don't want the spoilers). Again, the character profiles shift slightly - Tris becomes angry and Four becomes depressed because of things they learn in Book 3 about their world and themselves. It's been a tough deal being more objective about book 3 after loving book 1 and 2 so much (book 1 is by far my favorite) but it's readable and I still find myself fully engrossed in the book even after putting it down - i.e. not able to fall asleep right away, thinking about it all throughout the day, etc. It's been captivating despite what I've said above.
    Last edited by jenn26point2; 11-05-2013 at 03:08 PM.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    I eat 3 meals a day on a regular basis. I average about 2000 cals.
    If I was eating 2000 calories on a regular basis I would be gaining on a regular basis! Course - I'm only 5'3" and I'm 53 years old. I maintain at 1500. I eat 2 meals and a snack.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

kalli889 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    2000 calories is my aim since my armband consistently says I burn about 2,500 a day.
    What armband do you use again?
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
    Goal BF%: 20-23

Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    If I was eating 2000 calories on a regular basis I would be gaining on a regular basis! Course - I'm only 5'3" and I'm 53 years old. I maintain at 1500. I eat 2 meals and a snack.
    I used to think 1500 was enough and could never lose... never. Dropping didn't help either. I don't start losing until I stopped paying attention to calories and ate what my body wanted - which was consistently between 1800 and 2000 calories when I tracked (this was when I wasn't working out). I HIGHLY recommend you use this calculator to verify that 1500 is all you need to maintain. It'll tell you your basal metabolic rate (what you burn just by being alive - mine is 1500), what you burn with activity - which is also what your calorie goal is to maintain your current weight (mine is 2300), and what your target should be based on what your goals are - mine was the default 20% calorie reduction for fat burning (came in at 1800 calories of consumption per day). You have to be honest about your activity level. I said moderate exercise b/c I go to the gym and give it my all 5 days out of the week (actually, 6 days if I do a long run but only one day is "strenuous" so I went with 3-5 hours of moderate activity).

Given that you're struggling and seem to be gaining weight again, I don't think you have anything to lose by filling in the calculator and seeing what it says and maybe even implementing for a few weeks to see what happens.

Kalli, I have the BodyMedia Fit. Each day it tracks what I burn through activity for the entire day. So, when I walk to the bathroom, it tracks that activity. It tracks my steps. It tracks moderate and vigorous activity. Housework comes in as moderate activity, running as vigorous. Sadly, weight lifting comes in as moderate activity. It tracks my sleep. It has a feature that will allow me to track my food (but I don't use it). It also tracks my weight. It sets off an alarm when I need to wake up and when I need to go to sleep (time set by me). It costs $7 a month to use the database to analyze your data, but the app is free. Not sure if you can use the app and not use the website... I think they're linked.

If I were to buy an analyzer today, I would buy a Jawbone Up or the equivalent in Fitbit. Jawbone Up wakes you based on your sleep cycle, reminds you to get up and move around as the day goes on, and tracks the quality of your sleep (deep sleep, light sleep, etc). It's the same price as the BM Fit. It's also more discrete b/c it's worn on the wrist and looks like a watchband instead of a huge bulky armband that leaves terrible tan lines.
    Last edited by jenn26point2; 11-06-2013 at 08:16 AM.

Hey, Tomi... I took the liberty of filling it out for you...

It says, at 63 inches tall, 185 lbs (estimated), and being 53 years old, you're not that far off from me.

I told it you work out 1-3 hours per week since your Barre3 videos are only 15 minutes long and you jump rope and bike ride, but given the yardwork you do, it could easily be 3-5 hours of work a week. You don't tell it you have a desk job b/c while that might be accurate, it's not an accurate estimation of what you actually do during the day.

It says you need 1501 calories JUST TO SURVIVE.
    It says you need 2064 calories to MAINTAIN YOUR WEIGHT.
    It says for a 15% calorie reduction (roughly 1.5 lbs lost per week) you would need to INCREASE your calorie consumption to 1754 per day and keep up your current fitness routine.

There are SO very many people finding success with these calculations at MFP.

My advice is that you give it a try for a good solid 4 weeks and see what happens. At this point, do you really have anything to lose by adding 200 calories a day?

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    At my weight/height (and food estimates... I totally guessed on that because I don't know how much protein/carbs/fat I eat), I need about 1700 to maintain. Since I just want to build muscle, that means I have to eat more. I think I probably eat that much on days when I'm not being lazy & skipping meals, based on the short period of time when I used to track (early primal days).
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

So I posted this on Facebook b/c all I keep seeing are people complaining about this and that and I'm not experiencing any of those woes, so clearly I'm lucky... Friends are all complaining abou their insurance rates going up, their cell phone service sucking, their kids driving them nuts (I'm also guilty of this on occasion), their husbands who don't listen, etc... I can't share in their grief, so I felt it only right to acknowledge that I'm lucky. So I posted this list of thinks I'm grateful for:

1. Quality health insurance that isn't hiking it's rates or changing my responsibilities or benefits and blaming recent legislation to justify their greed.
    2. Cell phone service that isn't going to crap on me and requiring me to wait in a 30 minute line to talk to a rep when it is for everyone else.
    3. A job I may not love, but do like, and pays my bills.
    4. A book that keeps me up all night long.
    5. Kids that drive me nuts.
    6. The ability to run, even though it keeps raining and is so bloody cold out. Oh, and lifting heavy... I love lifting heavy!
    7. Not having been sick in I don't remember how long (I seriously can't remember the last time I was sick. I think it's been 2 years now).
    8. A husband who pretends to listen to me.
    9. The recent reduction in my electric/water bill... whew!
    10. The recent decline in gas prices.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I love gratitude lists. Yours is great.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Re: #9, my electric/water bill literally dropped $100 between last month and this month... what a relief! Almost $300 is entirely too much for a budget set at $175!! Oy vey!

But I did water my garden a few times and as it turns out, used 8,000 gallons of water doing so... they failed to recognize that watering a garden does NOT utilize the sewer, so I got double charged for that water use but how do you prove it? Just more reason to get those rain barrels done!