Page 470 of 593 FirstFirst ... 370420460468469470471472480520570 ... LastLast
Results 4,691 to 4,700 of 5927

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 470

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Your menu for the week sounds wonderful I bet if you just keep your portions under control you could still lose a little weight.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Dear Santa,

For Christmas, I would like smaller workout clothes, a new work wardrobe, and a new pair of vibrams.

Love, Jenn
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Deadlifts today at the gym. I hit 165 again - that's pretty stinking close to my body weight (well, my "official" body weight) so I'm counting it as such. I think I'm currently bloated up to about 178 or so. Working on bringing it down, but fully aware that the heavy lifting is going to contribute to some of the bloating until the muscles get used to lifting again. I love lifting.

Still researching the Leptin Reset... the thing that concerns me is that when doing the program, you're not supposed to work out before 5 pm... that is impossible for me. Absolutely impossible. My ONLY time for consistent exercise is during lunch. According to the LR protocol, we're not supposed to work out before or after breakfast... and eating 4-5 hours before bed? Yeah right. Can't happen again b/c that would be between 5 and 6 and I don't get home til 5:15-5:30, getting dinner on the table between 6:30 and 7:30 depending on what I make.

The food rules (as in what to eat) I can totally do... the "schedule" is what doesn't fit. I'm sure I could adjust things slightly, but I usually don't eat breakfast until I get hungry, which is not until about 9 am. I get up at or around 6:30. That's 2 1/2 hours - 2 hours later than prescribed. Maybe it'll work if I do a protein shake in the AM instead of eating two eggs and bacon (which is not enough protein anyway for the LR).

It's working really well for Paula's binging and weight loss, and I recall it worked well for my weight loss too - just becoming a slave to the clock will suck bad. I may have to get up earlier so I can make my breakfast, eat and then take a shower and get ready for work - which would prompt my kids wanting to eat and throwing off their schedules... what to do, what to do...

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    F the schedule.

Try it at the schedule that is convenient for you. You should still glean benefits. I work out on my usual schedule which includes early morning and daytime sessions. I eat one hour after getting up because that works for me. I eat dinner by six and go to bed at 10.

I think the most important thing is the big protein breakfast whenever you choose eat it and to stop snacking in between meals.

canio6 Guest
    Yup, to me LR seems to be about calorie restriction...eat a big, satiating breakfast so you are not hungry and don't snack until dinner. Schedule seems to be less important.

Ok, well I'll try it. And I'll probably order that protein powder I was looking at (the one Nameless also posted) as it was inexpensive. Even Mark's primal fuel has crap in it that is less than primal, so I'll just go with what I can afford. I'm thinking a protein shake, 1 egg, one egg white and bacon for breakfast. I'll have to crunch the numbers to see what that works out to be for protein content later... right now, it's time to run.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    The LR is a great tool if you can make it work in your life. I just can't eat that much at breakfast. But I'm not opposed to trying it again if doing the clean and low doesn't do it for me.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    I eat 3 meals a day on a regular basis. I average about 2000 cals.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I just finished reading Divergent! I think I will continue the series, it's fun I would definitely choose Dauntless, the piercings & tattoos are proof haha.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.