Page 469 of 555 FirstFirst ... 369419459467468469470471479519 ... LastLast
Results 4,681 to 4,690 of 5546

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 469

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Primal Fuel
    "Frankensoy" made me imagine someone's thyroid growing tentacles for some reason, haha
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I am very grateful for a job that affords me enough time to bury myself into my current obsession - currently, the Divergent series.

I read some really bad reviews on the last book and one of them was a spoiler, which sucks, but it was enough of a spoiler that what I was dreading doesn't seem to happen. I hope not. I swear to all things Holy that if the author offs Four, I will NOT see her movies... no freaking way. Certain characters are meant to grab your heart and find a place in your life and he most certainly does. I don't want to spoil it for anyone else b/c that's not right... I am just relieved to know that Four does not die.

Maybe I care more for Four than I do for Tris b/c the book is written from Tris's point of view, in first person... so it's like *I* fell in love with Four... A good author will cause you to develop feelings for the characters through both dialog and point of view. She does well to make the reader (in this case, me) really appreciate Four and feel protective of him as if he were my boyfriend instead of Tris's. Maybe that's why I'm so intrigued by the actor who is supposed to be portraying him in the movie?

All I know is that there are a LOT of readers who are infuriated by the author for the conclusion of the series - as in there are more 1 star reviews on Amazon than there are 5 star reviews... people are PISSED saying they wish they could unread the whole series...

The 5 star reviews do raise my hopes that it's not as bad as the 1 star reviewers make it... Maybe I'll be ok with it... I am just so relieved to know that Four doesn't die... b/c that's what I was fearing. I can tell by reading that it's not going to have the happy ending we all look for and commented on Facebook that I'm scared to read it b/c I'm fearful she'd off Four... a friend pointed me to the reviews. I'm glad she did b/c now that fear is resolved... something tells me I probably still won't be overjoyed by the end of the series.

And this, folks, is why I have a love hate relationship with trilogies (or longer). I am a reader who can incorporate the characters into her life - I welcome them like friends/family/lovers. It's easier to not do that with a single novel... but when it's a trilogy, I get so wrapped up in it that I can't avoid it... and when the trilogy ends and those characters are no longer a part of my life? I feel like I've lost something. And often times, I feel depressed after finishing a trilogy... I'm sure I'm not the only one who's ever experienced this.

So while I'm excited to start the last book, I'm sad to know it's coming to an end...
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    "Frankensoy" made me imagine someone's thyroid growing tentacles for some reason, haha
    lmao

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Just wanted to say that I was recently in the dilemma of protein powders
    myself.

I know I really, really, REALLY like the Jay Robb egg protein powder, but I
    DO NOT LIKE THE PRICE ONE BIT. Holy crapballs.

So when I was at Costco I noticed they had a box of 6 pints of liquid egg whites,
    for, um.. shoot, forgot the price, but it was under 10 dollars, that's for sure - and
    I thought to myself "self, thems are eggwhites RIGHT THERE, and they're pasturized
    so you won't die from salmonella. Get THOSE and put them in your smoothie or
    green drink for extra protein. Don't pay extra for POWDER."

So I did, and they're working great!

Just 100% pure egg whites.

And you can freeze the UNopened cartons if you don't think you're going to
    sprint through them fast enough before they expire.

Okie dokie, just wanted to throw that out there... and now... back to lurk mode.

Julia

lol, Abs. I thought about egg protein powders, but was looking at whey for the most part.

Work holiday party

It's looking like it'll be much like last year's party, except we won't be doing door prizes so much as finding a keepsake to give everyone when they leave. It'll take less time and fewer funds to make happen. We're thinking beer pints with our company logo on them. Or shot glasses or something like that. Unfortunately, I think there's more fun in the raffle b/c you don't know what you're going to get... but they're also a LOT more work - shopping, extra fundraising, etc... Toss up.

We're looking at different venues simply b/c as a government organization we're supposed to share the wealth and not pick the same place every single time. So, we're shopping. The place we had it last year is the cheapest of all the venues at $18 per person. The place we're comparing it to is $22 per person, but offers an extra entree but the location isn't as convenient.

We plan to fundraise again but have to run a few things by the COL to get his blessing first. One is to allow military to wear civilian attire on Fridays for $1 a day and/or civilians to wear sports jerseys/attire for $1 a day, allowing this every Friday til the party. Of course, we can't MANDATE people pay $1 for wearing a jersey/civilian attire, so we could get some cheapskates that take advantage of the opportunity.

We're planning the pie in the face thing again, but not expecting it to be very lucrative b/c our command is new - new colonel, new sergeant major, new deputy, new executive officer... so we may not make much and what we do make will likely come from the division chiefs getting their faced pied as the division chiefs have been here for a few years.

We're also thinking about hosting a bake sale for donations (not charging for baked goods, but asking people to donate in exchange for the baked good of their choice. It's all in how you word things around here b/c the legal office says we're not allowed to "sell" anything. Jerks.

So, that's that so far... We have new committee members so I suspect we'll get some fresh ideas this year to make the party fun just as fun as it was last year. People have already been asking how we're going to top last year's party. It was a great deal of fun, but I think part of it was our command personnel and their chemistry and exhuberance. Our new command staff isn't as happy-go-lucky as last year's. We'll see how it all works out.

Seven chapters into the third book and so far I'm not entirely sure how I feel about it. Aside from the alternating point of view (one chapter will be from Tris's point of view, the next from Four's point of view), the book just doesn't *sound* the same as the others. I didn't think the second book sounded like the first either; the tone was just different. I don't remember the tone changing in other series I've read, so maybe it's just an author fluke or something.

It does seem really awkward, though, to switch from one point of view to the other. I'll keep reading b/c I love the characters and want to see what happens to them.

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    And this, folks, is why I have a love hate relationship with trilogies (or longer). I am a reader who can incorporate the characters into her life - I welcome them like friends/family/lovers. It's easier to not do that with a single novel... but when it's a trilogy, I get so wrapped up in it that I can't avoid it... and when the trilogy ends and those characters are no longer a part of my life? I feel like I've lost something. And often times, I feel depressed after finishing a trilogy... I'm sure I'm not the only one who's ever experienced this....
    I feel the same way Jenn! I am into several different book series & I get so caught up in the stories. When I read I am totally in the book & develop 'feelings' for the characters. I guess I'm the only one around here that loved the Twilight books & movies (although Bella was not my favorite character.) The True Blood books were the same way. The TV series was ok...but they didn't follow the books at all...so it was like two separate stories. I just loved the books & am sorry that she is not writing anymore, but I guess at some point the story has to end.

I love love love to read!!! Unfortunately when I'm into a good book I can't stop...so nothing else gets done! At least with my FlyLady routines going I can get all my chores errr blessings done & then can read till my hearts content cause my house is in presentable order. Gotta love that!!
    SW-211
    CW-209

Goal: Don't worry be happy!

It's Monday... Start of a new week - hopefully a behaved week.

I was really craving comfort foods so I decided to make lasagna on Saturday. I got the meat sauce done and was getting ready to do the noodles when my dad called and asked if I was bringing the kids over for trick or treat (his town did it on Saturday instead of Thursday). So I stopped what I was doing, put the meat sauce in the fridge and went trick or treating. I decided to make the lasagna Sunday, but at that point decided I really didn't want to use wheat noodles, so I picked up some rice noodles. It was just as good with the rice noodles. It really hit the spot and everyone chowed on it. I cut the lasagna into 12 pieces and only one piece was left after dinner and dishing out lunch for today. So good. So, I think rice noodles will be our "20%". There's nothing wrong with eating rice occassionally according to Mark...

Brady really wanted tater tot casserole sometime this week, so I'll be indulging in some standard mixed veggies at some point and tater tots. Not overly concerned about it, to be honest. I make my own cream of mushroom soup now so we can avoid the gluten that way. Won't be avoiding bad oils in the tater tots, but I think it'll be alright, really.

Lots of comfort foods this week. Tater Tot Casserole, Lasagna, Creamy Chicken Scampi, Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole, Cheesy Potatoes and Ham Casserole... probably Tuna Casserole if Brad has his way... It'll be ok, I promise. I plan to do a pork roast too. We are definitely moving out of grill season and into oven season. Must be the time change. So I'll be googling some paleo casseroles today to see what I can find. And crock pot recipes. Tis the season!

None of us will probably lose any weight this week, but we'll be eating good, getting some comfort food cravings taken care of, and filling our tummies with yumminess. And, technically speaking, the only gray area foods are the rice (which we are all ok with) and the mixed veggies - really, how badly can a few peas affect us? I'm more worried about all that dairy!

Speaking of weight loss - Brad is paying attention again. He accepted someone's suggestion to try Schwepe's Sparkling Water... He also said he'll be trying tea again - said he's never been a tea person, but will try it again and see if it suits him now. I think it's probably an acquired taste for some, but after a bit, he should enjoy it just fine.

I downloaded Allegiant to my phone... I think I have a serious problem, guys. When I'm not physically doing something that requires brain power, I am thinking about these books. I even DREAMED about them last night... wait, that's not accurate. I dreamed I was in my own version of Hunger Games... and killed 3 people with a knife. Seriously... something's wrong with me. I'm getting so wrapped up in these imaginary worlds. Speaking of Hunger Games - I saw a trailer for Catching Fire. I am SO excited to see that movie!! Need to see if Hunger Games is still available as a free Instant Streaming video so Brad can watch it before we go to Catching Fire or he'll be completely lost!

Ok, that's all. Enjoy your Monday.

Oh, forgot to mention - the Laundry Fairy came to our house this weekend. She washed every single load of laundry and folded 11 baskets of clothes. Even put it away - well mostly. Still have to hang the kids' clothes in their closets and go through Makenna's dresser - so much stuff she can't wear in there! There is a single load of Brad's clothes in the dryer that needs folded. I will be implementing my One-Load-A-Day plan today. I'll fold his load tonight, and by tomorrow we should have another load of clothes to be washed. I really want to stay on top of the laundry. Like really really badly.

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I believe a load a day is in line with FlyLady! I won't run the washer for less that a full load so I do laundry on Mondays...FlyLady says wash the sheets once a week so Mondays are my day as well as towels & reg clothes, easier for me to remember. And then I wash another load of regular clothes on Thursday or Friday. I also try & iron on Mondays & Thursdays so it doesn't pile up. The key is to make it a "routine" that fits your schedule! I'm loving the FlyLady way...although I'm not doing it "perfectly" yet. There's no deadline, so I'll get to everything eventually. My house has certainly improved tremendously by following her "routines".

Your planned food sounds yummy! It seems that fall has triggered something in a lot of us from what I've been reading.

Have a mahvelous monday!!
    SW-211
    CW-209

Goal: Don't worry be happy!