Page 468 of 580 FirstFirst ... 368418458466467468469470478518568 ... LastLast
Results 4,671 to 4,680 of 5796

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 468

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Primal Fuel
    Woohoo! I can't wait until we get news on our end of year holiday party. I didn't go last year because of Hulky's broken foot, but I'm hoping we can go this year & maybe stay at the hotel for the night.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    So Brady hurt a child at daycare. It was an accident but he caused a dislocation of a little girl's elbow. This obviously resulted in expenses for the family. It was an accident but could have been prevented if he hadn't been playing so rough with her (he was dragging her across the floor by the hands as part of some pretend thing they were doing).

I don't know how to handle this. We tell him ALL. THE. TIME. to stop being physical with his friends and to keep his hands to himself. He scolded, separated and placed in time out for it frequently at home and told he's going to hurt someone with all his rough play. Now he's done it and I don't know what to do, think or say.

I have talked to the girl's mom and she said the girl is fine, will be fine, amd it's no big deal - just a kids being kids thing, but I still feel really really bad about it.
    Last edited by jenn26point2; 10-31-2013 at 02:43 PM.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    I'm not sure what you can do to be honest. Some kids just play rough. It doesn't sound like he is bullying or being malicious or mean. He's a boy and plays rough. Perhaps get him involved in a hands-on sport - wrestling, martial arts, some rodeo type thing - something where he gets to be physical (outside of just running around).
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Yikes, I can see how you would be stressing. But the little girl will be fine. Just be thankful for that. Does your SIL know about your concerns with rough play?

tomi is online now Senior Member
    I think Canio is onto something with the physical sports thing --- wrestling could be a great outlet for his need to be rough.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

We tried wrestling and he thought it was ok to do WWE moves, so we didn't let him go back - plus we didn't want him involved in that type of crowd. The wrestling crowd is not our type of people - they get too competitive too soon - forcing their children to cut weight and all that stuff at a very very young age. Plus, the wrestlers we've had experiences with are asses and we don't want our son to be an ass.

He played football recently - really liked that - but the season was really really short.

I definitely blame SIL/MIL for part of this - they should have stopped the play from occurring. Brady was just being Brady and it was their job to make sure that all the kids are safe. SIL was pretty upset about it - this was the first time a child was hurt under her care so it really hit her hard - especially since said little girl is family (her cousin's youngest child - so Brady's cousin).

The little girl is ok, and her mom is ok with what happened. I told her I was really sorry that it happened and she said that it was kids being kids and not to worry about it. I still feel bad though. Her child was hurt by my child, ya know?

Anyhow, we had a chat with Brady about how he needs to settle down and be less rough with his friends b/c some of his friends are little and aren't as strong as him and get hurt more easily than he does. I know he's upset about what happened. Hopefully, this will teach him that being rough isn't the best way to play.

Goldie is online now Senior Member
    How about some sort of tumbling or gymnastics class? Vigorous physical activity + learning body control.

I'm seriously considering a LR. I'm looking at protein powders so I can make it work the right way - Mark's formula is winning the battle so far. If I'm going to go the route of a protein powder, I don't want to compromise the primal ideals by allowing soy or other questionable items in. I looked at Shakeology but it is SO expensive at $129 for 30 servings. Mark's is $69 for 30 servings. That's $2.30 a serving. Pretty decent price, considering the "cleanliness" of it. I may actually end up ordering a smaller container to test it out for taste before I jump into the 30 serving container. I'm opting for the vanilla one.

I just need to re-read the LR fundamentals and get back on track with it. I figure I can do the LR now til Thanksgiving, play the dinners by ear, and continue on with LR like nothing has happened b/c it's not like I have to be super strict (like with W30 or something) and the high protein breakfast will help to curb my grazing tendencies (that's the hope anyway).

I will also likely track my meals during this time frame.

The one thing I won't do per the rules is skip the exercise. I'm still going to lift heavy and I'm still going to run. I have a half coming up that I'm not willing to bail on and I want to really work on my figure again, so the weight training stays.

I'm not really looking to lose weight, per se, so much as I'm looking to get the sugar consumption back under control without the crazy restrictions of a Whole30. And if LR works for me the way it does for everyone else, it's sustainable for a longer period of time that I can keep up with and maybe I won't get back into the sugar habit, ya know? And, of course, with a proper diet, my weight will fall off on its own.

I'm going to re-read his blog posts on it and see what inspiration I can pull. But first, I need to get my Primal Fuel ordered... (I looked at Amazon thinking it might fall under Prime... it doesn't. If you order, order directly from Mark, the shipping is free... Amazon charges $10 for shipping - YIKES)

Scratch that... Mark charges $10 for shipping too, unless you do the autoship option... I don't want to autoship if I'm not sure I'll like the way it tastes... *sigh* Why does shipping have to be so danged expensive???

Wait... wtf? why is there maltodextrin in his protein powder??? That's corn! WTH? And there's sucrose... and guar gum... and natural flavors... what the hell are you doing, Mark???
    Last edited by jenn26point2; 11-01-2013 at 08:40 AM.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Amazon.com: Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard, Double Rich Chocolate, 5 Pound: Health & Personal Care

Optimum Nutrition is one of the best ones I found when I was doing protein powders for breakfast. Jay Robb uses stevia for sweetener IIRC.

Amazon.com: NOW Foods Whey Protein Isolate Pure, 1.2 -Pounds: Health & Personal Care

Add your own flavoring. The soy lecithin is going to be in pretty much anything you get. I don't think it's enough to rule them out, IMO.

I hate Primal Fuel and Mark's supplements. They're not quality at all, IMO.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

I'm finding soy lecithin in everything... *sigh*

I was just looking at the Optimum Nutrition one you listed - vanilla. I have a smoothies "cook"book at home that I'll probably utilize and add the protein powder to it. $28 for 2 lbs seems reasonable, 28 servings... That's $1 per serving... might be worth the look. It appeared when I filtered for organic, so maybe the soy that's in it is at least organic and won't be GMO frankensoy...