Page 466 of 555 FirstFirst ... 366416456464465466467468476516 ... LastLast
Results 4,651 to 4,660 of 5550

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 466

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    He's a good looking dude. I remember him from Downton Abbey. Seems like the other ladies have other tastes and are leaving him to you Jenn. Best of luck
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Given the description of the character, he's the perfect person to cast.

Finished with Divergent... on to Insurgent.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    He's a little angular and the hair is a little light for my tastes. Hugh Jackman, young Antonio Banderas, young Harrison Ford... yep, I'm a definitely a scruffy nerf herder girl.
    I like his neck and arms. I'm a solid neck and arms kind of gal. I like muscle, I guess. But not so much muscle the guy looks like a mutant. What this dude has is perfect... strong. fit. sexy. I love his scruffiness too... I kinda wanna jump him. lol

Damn... hormones are definitely getting back in check. My physical attraction to the male species is definitely becoming more pronounced. I'm noticing guys again. Yesterday on Bearz's field trip, I couldn't help but notice one of the other dads. I see him a lot (his kids go to SIL's for daycare as well) but never really noticed him before. I thought he was older than he is and less fit. His work clothes don't do him very much justice b/c yesterday in jeans and a hoodie, he was looking mighty nice.

I'm worried by this new behavior. I would never act on it, but the fact that I'm seeing guys other than my husband and thinking "that's nice" bothers me a bit. But, then again, it is ovulation week, so maybe my primal side is seeking out a suitable mate... who knows. All I do know is that I don't typically "check guys out" so this is new behavior and it's caught me a little off guard.

Oh man, guys... my shoulders and armpits and ribs are soooo sore. I feel like I've been in a fight and all I did was deadlifts and planks! And the weirdest part is that my legs feel fine! Apparently, my legs can still lift 165 lbs, but my arms/back/shoulders cannot. I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to do today for my workout. It was supposed to be an upper body day, but maybe I won't do upper body after all. Maybe I'll do squats instead.

I made poor food choices yesterday. 'Nuff said. Considering ditching dairy again. I'm tired of clearing my throat and sounding/feeling nasally all the time. My nose is constantly stuffed up, I'm always forcefully clearing my throat - especially right after eating/drinking dairy. Just getting tired of it.

Brad is arguing with me about posting informative things on Facebook (re: the milk article I posted) and not enforcing the same info at home. I'm trying to explain to him that I can't even keep myself in check, so how can I harp on someone else for their food habits? How can I tell my kids no to wanting a sucker when as soon as they go to bed I eat 3 large scoops of ice cream? I can't. So I don't. I could pull the whole "Do as I say not as I do" stance, but that's rather hypocritical, isn't it? And if I tell them no no no all the time to those things, but then eat them myself as soon as they aren't looking, they'll do the same thing. I used to sneak food all the time growing up b/c I knew if I asked Mom she's say no. And then, there's the fact that the kids only eat one meal a day at home - they eat breakfast at SIL's (and if you'd seen the menu, you'd cringe... ALLL CARBS, nearly zero protein or fat! It's terrible!) and lunch at school and we all know about school lunches... Finding replacements for school lunch that don't require reheating and aren't your standard peanut butter and jelly sandwich is hard... very hard. You have no idea how hard it is until you've tried it... I have no idea how to manage this... and it overwhelms me to think about it, so I simply make the best meal possible for them at home and hope that alone broadens their view of food and helps them make better choices when not at home. In the meantime, while I figure it all out for myself and my family, I simply post those articles for others to read, research and make their own informed decisions from.

Just went through the open tabs in my browser and came across Theo James again... mmm... yum.

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    I'm not sure what kind of restrictions schools have on what they can bring or how picky your munchkins are, but you might try a tupperware bento. It doesn't hafta be pinterest pretty, so long as it's all in there. For a while, before the allergy, mine was rolled up lunch meat and cheese, a couple handfuls of veggies, and a handful of fruit, all organized into a plastic container. I saw other kids bringing that for lunch (in baggies and such) as kids.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I'm not sure what kind of restrictions schools have on what they can bring or how picky your munchkins are, but you might try a tupperware bento. It doesn't hafta be pinterest pretty, so long as it's all in there. For a while, before the allergy, mine was rolled up lunch meat and cheese, a couple handfuls of veggies, and a handful of fruit, all organized into a plastic container. I saw other kids bringing that for lunch (in baggies and such) as kids.
    NomNomPaleo did a whole thing on kid's lunches using the bento box style. Honestly, the food looked awesome.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

I did that with Brady for a while last year and they said he'd pick at it, not eat much of it at all, and then would mess around in the cafeteria while the rest of the kids ate - he got into a lot of trouble in the lunch room. I tried to mimic lunchables without the crackers (neither of them eat the crackers anyway), but it didn't work for very long.

When I was his age, I got "cold lunch" too - sandwiches, chips, maybe a chips ahoy or two, thermos with something to drink in it (I don't remember what at this point - probably milk?). Then mom got tired of making lunches and we got school lunch instead.

Our school has no restrictions, but the school no longer serves peanut butter (they do sun butter instead). The lunch menu is better than it has been in the past. Still carb heavy and, of course, contains a lot of grains, but the veggies are different. They're doing more expansion of the kids' horizons in that regard.

I just don't know what to send with them. The stuff they eat at home at mealtime would work if they had access to a way to warm it up. I don't find cold meatloaf to be appealing, so how can I expect my kids to eat it?

And speaking of food, my kids LOVE canned green beans, as do Brad and I, so we've been having a lot of beans lately... so many that Makenna's BMs are changing color... hahah oops. Guess we better lay off the beans a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    NomNomPaleo did a whole thing on kid's lunches using the bento box style. Honestly, the food looked awesome.
    To you and me... but to a 6 year old who sees his friends eating cookies and chips and mashed potatoes and "Bosco sticks"?

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    To you and me... but to a 6 year old who sees his friends eating cookies and chips and mashed potatoes and "Bosco sticks"?
    Oh, I was a total foodie at age 6...nope. So yeah, I get your point. That's rough. Now off to google bosco sticks.

huh...stuffed breadsticks...like mini calzones. Yeah, get ye behind me satan.

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    I guess I was a freak of nature. At 6, my favorite lunch was cheese cubes, ham, apple cubes, and cherry tomatos.
    You might be able to get them leftovers that are lukewarm as opposed to cold by overheating the food, heating the lunchbag, and wrapping the container in a steamy towel before putting it in the lunchbox. (Yeah, I know, morning work.)
    When my sisters started wanting "normal" lunches, my parents compromised by putting a piece of junk in there but that a fair majority of the food had to be eaten as well for them to keep getting it. (Mom tended to stay in close contact with teachers.)
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

PrimalCon New York
    I feel much like a teenage girl laying in bed and staring at a heart-throb poster on my ceiling. lol I haven't closed that tab yet, so every once in a while I go check out the neck and arms. Man, what would it take for Brad to get into the gym and start working on his physique? I hope he does it before I hit menopause so we can enjoy the benefits of both my fixed hormones and his new physique...

Note: he's not as enticing in other pics. It must just be this pose with the arms and neck exposed the way they are. And the scruffiness... Although, this one is kind of nice... again, arms. http://www.justjared.com/photo-galle...nt-posters-02/

Yum yum yum.... http://www.hypable.com/2013/06/07/fo...o-james-photo/

I'm not as thrilled about who they cast to play Tris. She just doesn't do it for me.

On Nov 22, Catching Fire gets released. Liam Hemsworth... mmm... lol I think I'll make it a point to hit the theaters for that one. Definitely need to get Brad to watch the first movie so the second makes sense to him.
    Last edited by jenn26point2; 10-30-2013 at 12:24 PM.