Page 465 of 585 FirstFirst ... 365415455463464465466467475515565 ... LastLast
Results 4,641 to 4,650 of 5844

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 465

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I learned recently that women are supposed to have their own secret savings account with which they can survive should they throw their husbands out of the house... um... seriously? Is this really a thing? People squirrel away money in the event that they get a divorce?

I will probably set $1,000 aside in savings and then hack at debt with the rest.

Presently, I have about $1,000 in savings, but that's to fund our trip to Memphis in December. Since we're driving, I don't suspect we'll burn through the whole $1,000. By the time that trip comes along we'll have $1,125 in savings to travel with. (I started saving in January, started with $1, adding a dollar every week to the amount saved the week prior, so that by the end of the year, there would be $1,378 in savings. The first week is worth $1, the last week is worth $52). It's worked very well. We are very near the $1,000 mark. What we don't use will go back into this account and be added to next year. But next year, I need to find a way to build it faster as I plan to use it to take the kids to Disney... hopefully it can happen in 2015...

I downloaded a kindle book sample of a book that a gal is asking for proofreaders for. So far, the use of language is fine, but the content sucks... It's in first person. I don't usually like books that are first person b/c in most cases it sounds like someone is talking to me rather than me seeing it through their eyes. This is one of those books. It's descriptive in the wrong places... It's really not that good... but the job description is sketchy and not very detailed so I don't know what exactly is needed - sounds like general grammar, spelling, etc. I hope that's all it is b/c to fix the content of this book will be worth WAY more than I proposed!! The book seems to go off track frequently and I expect the author to bring us back with "Anyway..." lol We'll see if I even get the job.
    Last edited by jenn26point2; 10-28-2013 at 01:04 PM.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I was thinking of the Dave Ramsey stuff. From what I understand, you would be saving up to have a couple month's worth of necessary funds (like covering the mortgage & groceries and other monthly bills), which would be different/separate from savings for fun stuff or trips.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Dave Ramsey does recommend 3-6 months worth of salary being saved up, but he doesn't recommend you attempt that until you pay off all your debts with the exception of your mortgage. We are a LONG way from that point. He recommends a "baby emergency fund" of $1,000 to take care of you should your car break down, roof starts to leak, etc while working to pay off your debts. Any extra cash I could earn doing these Elance gigs would get us closer to that point for sure. One job I bid on today would bring in $286 if I'm awarded it. Of course, I also have to pay taxes on this income. I don't know if Elance pulls those dollars from your payment or if you have to keep track of them yourself (I assume I'd have to keep track of it myself). Taxes suck...

I told the gal with the diseration to be edited that I'd do it for $2 a page. Dissertations are a much bigger deal than an already published Kindle book (plus the page length is a great deal different between the two). If it's a 20 page dissertation, it'll net me $40. But if it's a 100 page dissertation, I'd make $200 on it. Just for proofreading someone's thesis...

Doing the Kindle job - as much as I can see it's going to suck - could get me started as a beta reader.

There's an Elance webinar Wednesday morning that I want to listen in on that'll help me learn how to tailor my profile to be more easily found in employee searches. I think I'll tune in.

Does wheat grass contain gluten? I'm assuming it does, but wanted to ask to be sure. I'm looking at the LR pretty seriously but have to find a protein powder to use that fits the rules of both LR and primal. Looking at Shakeology to see what it has to offer. Everything looks pretty primal, but there's oat grass and wheat grass... wondering if that's the same as oats and wheat... or if it's the actual plant and not the commercially grown seeds we are warned to avoid.

Unfortunately, the vanilla only has 16 gm of protein in 130 calories. I could probably get away with two shakes for breakfast for 260 calories plus 32 gm of protein, but that's a lot of liquid to drink... The nutrient breakdown looks good though.

On their FAQ page, I found this:

Is Shakeology Paleo?

No, the below list includes the ingredients found in Shakeology which are not conducive to the Paleolithic Diet.
    Cocoa flavor, coconut flower nectar, stevia, lo han guo, salt, all vitamins and minerals, enzyme blend, probiotics, tapioca maltodextrin, citric acid, freeze dried fruits, vegetables and botanicals, MSM, whey protein, pea protein.
    But aside from the maltodextrin, everything seems to be ok as far as primal is concerned. Well, pea protein is questionable... Where do they get off saying cocoa flavor, coconut nectar, probiotics, fruits, veggies, and MSM aren't paleo approved? They're batty. lol

Anyhow, what's your take on it?

That stuff is all highly processed, so I can see why they say it isn't paleo. Cocoa flavor doesn't mean cocoa, it could be something in a vial. The freeze dried fruits could have preservatives.

I would go with plain whey and flavor it myself.

It's too expensive anyway. $129 for 30 servings. Mark's Primal Fuel is only $69 for 30 servings and has more protein than Shakeo.

I didn't get the kindle book job. Someone else agreed to do the work for 109$, in a week. I said $286 and 2 weeks. I'm kind of glad I didn't get it. That book was bad... lol I would have gotten through it and would have done the work with no problem, but the writing was bad. A lot of words that say nothing. Now I get to concentrate on Divergent.

I still have proposals in for a few other jobs - one is an ebook of about 100 pages. We'll see what happens.
    Last edited by jenn26point2; 10-28-2013 at 07:14 PM.

Holy crap girls... Theo James will be playing Four in the movie Divergent. Google it. Holy effing hotness.... he's perfect.

Tried to post an image but it didn't work. Here's a link.

http://m.imdb.com/name/nm3772243/med...ZTcwNTA4Njk4OQ

I've always been more attracted to "fair" types, he's a bit too "dark & handsome" for me

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    He's a little angular and the hair is a little light for my tastes. Hugh Jackman, young Antonio Banderas, young Harrison Ford... yep, I'm a definitely a scruffy nerf herder girl.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome