Page 464 of 585 FirstFirst ... 364414454462463464465466474514564 ... LastLast
Results 4,631 to 4,640 of 5844

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 464

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Has anyone read the "Chronicles of Thomas Covenant" by Donaldson? I read them as a teen and loved them. Not sure why as it is told from a man's POV. I will have to reread them.

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Not sure why as it is told from a man's POV.
    It's because men have the best POV. I am always telling K this. One day she might believe me.

and no, never read them.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Canio, I'm surprised you read the Hunger Games, given it's from a teen girl's POV. Glad to know a guy has read them tho. Yeah, District 13... District 13 was a surprise. Now I have to read the series again... lol But first I need to get through Divergent and Insurgent again so I can read Allegiant. About half way through Divergent now. Once it's done, probably reading Hunger Games again.

BTW, Divergent's first movie comes out in March!!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Canio, I'm surprised you read the Hunger Games, given it's from a teen girl's POV. Glad to know a guy has read them tho. Yeah, District 13... District 13 was a surprise. Now I have to read the series again... lol But first I need to get through Divergent and Insurgent again so I can read Allegiant. About half way through Divergent now. Once it's done, probably reading Hunger Games again.

BTW, Divergent's first movie comes out in March!!
    I generally avoid YA fiction unless K reads it first. I tend to be far more nit-picky about books so she only recommends ones that will not annoy me too much. I have no issues with female point-of-view or teen point-of-view as long as it makes sense. My issue with the Hunger Games is a spoiler so I wont say it out loud. Overall though it was worth reading.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

I have a one-minute skype interview some time between 1 and 2 to verify my identity for Elance.com. I put in proposals for a couple of jobs online - one is reading, proofreading and revising a gal's dissertation. She didn't know what to charge, so I was thinking 1-2$ a page. There were some really good admin jobs on there too, and I probably could have done some of them while working this job, but they require making and accepting calls and stuff, and I'm not sure I could keep that below the radar.

I was thinking about what I would do with the money I make doing these jobs - should I get any, and I think I'll either save for a rainy day or use it to pay down our debt more quickly. I haven't told Brad that I'm doing this. He knows that I'll be doing some newsletter and mailing list work for a friend in California for her wellness retreat (it's 100% paleo!!) and he knows she's going to pay me to do it, but we haven't discussed it further. She approached me during the last furlough.

I hope something comes of all this. I'm paying the subscription fee at Elance b/c I figure if I'm going to do this, I might as well go all in and make it worth the effort to fill out the profile and resume portions. I'll be more likely to score jobs if I have a paid membership (my profile will be placed higher on the list of available workers). Kind of like at Monster or CareerBuilder - your resume is placed higher in the search results if you pay for their services.

The site seems to be experiencing some issues so I don't know if I have any responses for proposals I put in. I keep getting an error message when I try to get to the website. I wonder if the app is working properly... Nope... app is down too.

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    I generally avoid YA fiction unless K reads it first. I tend to be far more nit-picky about books so she only recommends ones that will not annoy me too much. I have no issues with female point-of-view or teen point-of-view as long as it makes sense. My issue with the Hunger Games is a spoiler so I wont say it out loud. Overall though it was worth reading.
    Email me!

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I would say, make sure you have your emergency funds squirreled away and then chip at that debt!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Email me!
    done

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I would say, make sure you have your emergency funds squirreled away and then chip at that debt!
    This. Smart words from the wonder. That said, I'd also buy myself something nice because well, I earned it. (and by I, I mean you.)

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I vote for the squirling away option.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.