Page 462 of 579 FirstFirst ... 362412452460461462463464472512562 ... LastLast
Results 4,611 to 4,620 of 5788

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 462

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I have a couple of books I stopped reading b/c of life and then forgetting I'd started them. Desperation by Stephen King is the only one that has happened with. I still have it, sitting on the shelf, waiting to be picked back up again. It's really long though, so I have to be in the mood for a long haul (not as long as Under the Dome, though).
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I received an email back from the publishing company I wrote. I am to call next week. He said it would be easier to have the conversation over the phone than through email.

Currently creating a profile at Elance.com, much like careerbuilder for editors/proofreaders, etc.

TMI!! I still hold true to the fact that my body in particular holds onto everything healthful that I eat, and then when things get full enough or it's finally done absorbing, it does a clean out. FINALLY had a decent BM after 5 full days of eating perfectly primal. I hadn't lost any weight all week long so I was getting frustrated wondering why the scale wasn't going down, but I'm pretty sure I just lost a minimum of 4 lbs...

That said, I also made some gluten free cookies this afternoon. I almost said dairy free, but I remember now that I put butter in them. I made them using Pamela's baking mix. Instead of using white and brown sugars, I only used coconut sugar and a tbsp of honey. I added walnuts and fine shred coconut. They're delicious. I've eaten entirely too many of them.

Tonight we might take the kids out to dinner. We're thinking about taking them to Texas Roadhouse. I think one of them went as an infant once... can't remember. So it'll probably be the first time for them both - or at the very least, first memorable time.

Took both kids out to ride in Grandpa's combine with Great-Grandpa. They loved it. Brady got to drive circles with the tractor and wagon in an open area of the field, which was cool for him. I've got pictures too. I'll post them later as they're on my phone. My niece and nephew went too. Wait... maybe I can pull them in from dropbox. Yep, I can... here you go. The other boy is my nephew Drake, who is 15 months older than Brady. The other girl is Kourtney, who is about 15 months younger than Brady. The guy driving the tractor is my Uncle Bob, stepdad's BIL. The gentleman running the combine is my Grandpa, stepdad's dad.

2013-10-26 10.28.42.jpg

2013-10-26 10.03.26.jpg

2013-10-26 10.04.10.jpg

2013-10-26 10.28.54.jpg

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Great pictures!

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Toooo cute!! What great memories they will have!!!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

I just watched "The Hunger Games". It was awesome. Thanks for the recommendation. I never read the books. Lenny was yummy.

I thought Liam Hemsworth was pretty yummy, myself.

Which one was Liam?

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    He plays Gabe.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

He plays Gail... not Gabe. lol He's the other corner of the love triangle back in District 12.

So, for those who have read the books and then seen the movie... did you notice that during the little video clip for why they do the Hunger Games that they mention 13 districts but there are only 24 tributes? Having read the book, I know about District 13, but I don't recall the author mentioning anything in the first book about 13 districts. Maybe I just don't remember it... but anyone who's paying attention to the movie would be like 'wait... where are the other two tributes??' I think they should have left District 13 out of this movie. I guess it'll make a good "dot connection" when we watch the last flick, but I think it's a detail that's not necessary, especially since they don't explain it in the movie (maybe I vaguely remember the author explaining District 13 in the book... no, I don't think so. I think she was focused on the actual games and not so much on Panem history in book 1).

So I screwed up my streak this weekend. Brad and I took the kids to Texas Roadhouse Saturday night. It was delish. I ate some non-primal stuff that I would have let slide (ranch dressing) had I not had some of the rolls too. I ate two rolls. Yesterday was my nephew's birthday (SIL's son). She had walking tacos (if you're not familiar, that's taco fixings tossed into a personal size bag of doritos) and, of course, bday cake and ice cream. I had a slice of bday cake and ice cream, as well as a walking taco. The taco meat (not sure if it was the meat or the seasoning) did not sit well with me and my stomach was sour and I was belchy the whole night. The cake was only mediocre in flavor. Just a white cake with buttercream frosting... nothing to write home about. I could have skipped it and not missed anything.

Thinking about Christmas and Thanksgiving. Our Christmas Club money is released this week (our credit union won't let you access your Christmas Club account until 1 November and if you have to borrow from it, you have to call the credit union and there's a $3 early withdrawal fee - it's a good idea b/c it locks that money up and forces you to actually save it for Christmas) and I have no idea what I'm getting anyone for Christmas this year. But, first comes Thanksgiving... I'm trying to decide what I'm going to make for all those get togethers. Cousin Jody will make a ton of sweets, but all will contain gluten and other non-paleo ingredients, so I'm tempted to make a dessert with paleo ingredients so I have something I can enjoy. Last year, I think the main course was some kind of meat with noodles over instant mashed potatoes... um, yeah... Carbs anyone? *sigh* Thanksgiving is going to be a nightmare...

Makenna has a field trip tomorrow so I'm taking the day off work. The field trip starts at noon, so I'd have to leave work around 11ish - no sense in coming to work for 3 hours when you would have to drive 2 hours just to get there and back. It's not worth the gas. I have the leave to use, so I'm gonna take the day and spend it with my Wee Bearz. They're going to the pumpkin patch. They'll hear a story, play in a "cornbox" (like a sandbox, but filled with corn), go through a straw bale maze, and take a hayrack ride. We went with Brady when he went in preschool. I'm pretty excited about it. I think Brad's flexing a day too so he can go - he has to work all weekend.

So, here's to Day 1 - again. I'm going to shoot for perfectly primal until that Thanksgiving lunch mentioned above...
    Last edited by jenn26point2; 10-28-2013 at 08:00 AM.