Page 461 of 579 FirstFirst ... 361411451459460461462463471511561 ... LastLast
Results 4,601 to 4,610 of 5785

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 461

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I can get into evil queens! Thanks for the suggestions. I'll add them to the list of books to get samples for. I love that Kindle allows me to read the first chapter to determine if I like it or not before buying.

I wish I could just sit around all day long and read books... maybe I should become a publisher/editor/publicist or something.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I wish I could just sit around all day long and read books... maybe I should become a publisher/editor/publicist or something.
    Yes, I thought that too, until you realize you will be sitting around reading some books that are down right awful or not of interest to you. It is like with video game testing...you sign up to be a tester because "OMG I get to test Battlefield!" and no, you get to test Barbie's Pink Pony Adventures.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Yes, I thought that too, until you realize you will be sitting around reading some books that are down right awful or not of interest to you. It is like with video game testing...you sign up to be a tester because "OMG I get to test Battlefield!" and no, you get to test Barbie's Pink Pony Adventures.
    It also takes a lot of the fun out of it to test games that you do enjoy. I did beta testing for Elder Scrolls Online and you just have to play the first area over and over each session =\. For editing and such, you'd probably have to be able to switch your editing mode off so you can enjoy a book outside of work!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    It also takes a lot of the fun out of it to test games that you do enjoy. I did beta testing for Elder Scrolls Online and you just have to play the first area over and over each session =\. For editing and such, you'd probably have to be able to switch your editing mode off so you can enjoy a book outside of work!
    Yup, much the same reason I avoided the WoW betas like the plague. I don't have the patience for that shit.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

So, I like the idea of being an editor so much that I just wrote an email to a local book publishing company to see what type of education and experience is necessary to be a book editor.

Wow... what a great job that would be. To sit around and read manuscripts of future books all day. THIS prompted me to write the email. I think I fit the bill quite nicely.

I realize some would suck... but I'm not one to put a book down or quit reading a book that I've started. I have always been able to trudge through them to the end. I think this would make for a good editor quality - my refusal to give up. lol

I realize some would suck... but I'm not one to put a book down or quit reading a book that I've started. I have always been able to trudge through them to the end. I think this would make for a good editor quality - my refusal to give up. lol
    Yes, that does seem like it would be a great quality in an editor. You are a better person than I. I give books 3 chapters or 50 pages. After that it goes in the "not gonna happen" pile.

Maybe I should seek out the Panda and ask some questions.

Maybe I should seek out the Panda and ask some questions.
    Good idea and good luck!

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I usually finish books, but I have given up on a few. I can't remember which ones off the top of my head. I stopped reading the Foundation Trilogy because life got in the way. I'd have to restart from the beginning now because I don't remember anything.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).