Page 460 of 579 FirstFirst ... 360410450458459460461462470510560 ... LastLast
Results 4,591 to 4,600 of 5788

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 460

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by maB77lair View Post
    I know I can ask them here. I've already hijacked some journals with questions.
    All the spammers must come out at night. I never see any during the day but see loads of them when I log in at night. Stupid spammers... get a real job!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Quote Originally Posted by maB77lair View Post
    I know I can ask them here. I've already hijacked some journals with questions.
    All the spammers must come out at night. I never see any during the day but see loads of them when I log in at night. Stupid spammers... get a real job!

Day 4 is done. Perfect day.

B: 2 boiled eggs, 3 bacon, apple
    L: Leftover cheesy potatoes and ham, orange
    S: apple
    D: primal meatloaf, buttered potatoes, green beans

Day 5 - really wanting hot chocolate. Opting for KE tea instead.

Watching the Hunger Games on my computer. I love Amazon Instant Video. Especially when what I want to watch is free.

As usual, there are differences between the movie and the book that have already started driving me nuts. But so far the movie has gotten me more nervous and anxious than the book ever did. Scared, I guess is the word.

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Me too Jenn...I think because actually seeing it on screen is different than just 'imagining' it in your mind. Google & read up on the UN's Agenda 21...the similarities are there, which makes it even more scary. There are forces out there that are trying to take down our country...& they are chipping away at it a little at the time.
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

The cast in this movie is awesome! Woody Harrelson? Lenny Kravitz?? Seriously? Definitely going to watch this movie more than once.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I think those two in particular are perfectly cast. I did miss the interactions of Cinna and Katniss. The movie only really hints at the depth of their friendship, IMO.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

I agree about Katniss and Cinna. They barely touched on it.

It's over now. The movie is AWESOME! It's actually VERY close to the book. I understand the reason behind Katniss buying the Mockingjay at the market and giving it to her sister, who in turn gives it back to her, rather than Katniss getting it from the Mayor's daughter (for time purposes - less story to try to tell verbally), and I understand shortening the relationship between Katniss and Cinna due to time. I think the rest of the movie was spot on. I had forgotten about one part of the movie and thought it was actually part of the second book, but as the movie went on, I realized it was accurate to the first book. Now I want to read the trilogy again. Too bad I just started re-reading Divergent to refresh my memory for the third book that I just bought this week.

Damn I love YA fantasy. Never would have thought it would be my genre, but I really do like it. I wonder what other awesome trilogies are out there in this genre. Any suggestions? Tash? I know you're a YA reader... what have you read? What other series does Suzanne Collins have out there? I think it's time to browse. A quick browse pulls up Hunger Games and The Gregor Chronicles which makes me think of The Chronicles of Narnia - which I still haven't finished. I'll add it to my list.

The worst part about watching a movie that captivates you while at work? Having to go back to work... I just want to open my kindle app and start reading. lol Or rewatch the movie since it's currently free on Amazon prime Instant Video (if you're a prime member and haven't watched it yet, you should totally do so!)

And, I want the movie for Christmas. I think it's still available in stores, but if not, it's definitely available on Amazon.
    Last edited by jenn26point2; 10-25-2013 at 10:12 AM.

I used to be a big YA fantasy nut. I love Holly Black's Modern Faerie Tale series. There are three books, but the 1st and 3rd are the same protagonist, while the 2nd is someone else in the same world/city. They overlap a little in the 3rd. The 2nd is my favorite. There's some light romantic stuff in it (a lot more than Hunger Games), but mostly young chicks finding their way & kicking ass. I didn't finish the Curse Workers series she wrote, I got irritated with the protagonist. [edit] She also just came out with a YA vampire novel that's supposed to be really different and very good.

Laini Taylor's Blackbringer series is hopefully not finished yet, just two books. Geared a little younger, but VERY good. She is great with visual imagery. She also has the series that starts with Daughter of Smoke & Bone. That has a bit of a heavier romance in it. I'm not sure if I'm annoyed about that or not since some of it becomes really integral to the plot in the second book. The third isn't out yet.

Let's see...what else...

I'll take a look at my bookcase tonight. I really liked the book Gingerbread by Rachel Cohn when I was in high school, but didn't like the other two books in the series as much. It's just fiction, not fantasy or anything.
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 10-25-2013 at 10:23 AM.

Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr is along the same lines as the Modern Faire Tales series by Holly Black, but I couldn't finish it. The romantic stuff pissed me off too much.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Little Brother by Cory Doctorow is a very good YA novel which is very apropos to the current NSA situation and is rather scary in its prediction of what is happening (the book came out several years ago) and its predictions about what might happen.

Incarceron by Catherine Fisher is also good and I believe at least a couple of books if not 3. I think the second is called Sapphique. A sci-fi/fantasy romance type thing...hidden prisons, inaccessible love, evil queens...that sort of stuff.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony