Page 457 of 593 FirstFirst ... 357407447455456457458459467507557 ... LastLast
Results 4,561 to 4,570 of 5927

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 457

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    I found a guy on Facebook after losing touch with him. We'd gone to summer camp together & kept in touch on AIM afterwards. I lost touch with him after my overdose (wasn't allowed online that summer) and he moved. I couldn't remember his last name, but on a whim, I went hunting, remembering that his father was a priest, and found him. He didn't remember me haha! But I finally got closure.

There is someone that I hope doesn't stalk ME anymore online. I wonder sometimes how effectively private I keep my online profiles (obviously this one is not so private, but I don't reference my username or link to my journal anywhere else). I search for him sometimes, but he doesn't seem to have an online presence.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

canio6 Guest
    Ah, the wonders of facebook. Good luck re-engaging with your past Jenn.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    In more primal news... actually, this isn't all that primal either... I completed half marathon number 9 yesterday. I did not take pictures this time. There wasn't anything to take pictures of since the race had us running through neighborhoods. There were some really cool houses, but I'm sure the owners would not be appreciative of me taking pictures of them. I ran it in 2 hours 30 minutes. Seems to be my typical comfortable time. One of these days I should stop outside of my comfort zone and try to run one faster.

I really didn't feel like doing this race. Honestly, I almost skipped it. I just wasn't feeling it. 2 miles in I wasn't feeling it, either. 5 miles in I wasn't really feeling it... and I wasn't feeling it at 7 miles in either... however, at 7.75 when we turned around to go back to the finish line, THAT'S when I started getting a bit more excited about it. Then I discovered I was coming in like 5 people from the end... lol Small races. I'm not used to them anymore, I guess. All the races I've done this year have had a large running population and this one didn't. In the end, I ended up finishing 17th from the end. There were only 130 runners, which is way way small. I finished 23rd in my age class. lol

But the good part of finishing so late in a race is that the massage tables are not still packed. I got a free 15 minute massage from one of the students from a local massage therapy school. It was an awesome deal - she got practice and credit for my massage and I got a free massage. I still have to see Dr. Lake tomorrow though and I'm sure she's going to live up to her nickname. There are still a few lingering issues she'll need to work through - namely with my IT band, which I tried to roll out yesterday but it was so upset I couldn't handle it. Might try again tonight.

Diet has sucked horribly lately. Pulling it back in today. It's my own doing... no one else's. I have just chosen not to eat optimally and have noticed the changes. Tired, sluggish, lacking that "let's do this" motivation, achy in specific places, mild headache that won't seem to go away no matter what - maybe that's brain fog?? And sugar cravings are OFF THE HOOK! I am pledging to eat properly every day until our first Thanksgiving dinner, which I think is the Saturday or Sunday before Thanksgiving, at which time I will likely partake in some sugary goodness - but I will see about taking something at least Primal in all other aspects so I can avoid the Village Inn pies and homemade brownies.

Which reminds me... I'm in charge of the work holiday party again. Yippee... I had fun with it last year. Better get crackin'!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I found a guy on Facebook after losing touch with him. We'd gone to summer camp together & kept in touch on AIM afterwards. I lost touch with him after my overdose (wasn't allowed online that summer) and he moved. I couldn't remember his last name, but on a whim, I went hunting, remembering that his father was a priest, and found him. He didn't remember me haha! But I finally got closure.

There is someone that I hope doesn't stalk ME anymore online. I wonder sometimes how effectively private I keep my online profiles (obviously this one is not so private, but I don't reference my username or link to my journal anywhere else). I search for him sometimes, but he doesn't seem to have an online presence.
    I don't keep my profile unsearchable anymore. I used to be private and unsearchable. Now I'm just private. I've learned in my struggles to find some long lost friends that I don't want others to have the same struggle. I keep my stuff private and only viewable by friends, but they can search for me and find my page (with zero access to anything) so they can invite me to be friends if they'd like. I used to befriend anyone who asked on FB but not anymore. If I don't know you, I don't add you. Period.

I'm not worried about people finding me in real life b/c if you google my address and try to map it, you'll go to the same place FedEx goes, which is the wrong place - every single time.

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Oh man Jenn....I feel your pain! I've been feeling the same way. Today is a new day! Make it a good one!!!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I'm not worried about people finding me in real life b/c if you google my address and try to map it, you'll go to the same place FedEx goes, which is the wrong place - every single time.

Too funny!

Google, Garmin, etc, etc, show our house being about 7 blocks further north. Our address is a "South" address and no one, including Google, seems to notice that "south" in our town does not mean south of the highway, but rather south of 3rd street, which I admit is very odd. Our town's addresses are all sorts of jacked. But, it works for me b/c most wouldn't be able to find it anyway b/c we're tucked back in off the street far enough that you can't see our house through the neighbor's house. We live on a dead end road and most people don't go past the intersection, which prevents you from seeing our house. We're tricky like that. lol

PS, I just wanted a big front yard, so we set the house back 25 yards from the street instead of 10.

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    You can find our house easily enough, given the address. Just don't surprise us with a visit. You might meet the Glocks before us.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

hahaha I'll keep that in mind. :-/

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    IT Band is not talking today. It has relaxed enough to be "normal" again. I did not roll it out last night. I know Dr. Lake will work it up today and it'll be so tender I won't be able to roll it for a week... Top of my foot is weird. I noticed last night there was an area about the circumfrence of a golf ball that was slightly swollen. In rotating my foot and ankle, I managed to get the area to cramp up, so it's definitely connective tissue related and not a broken bone (wasn't at all worried about broken bones, but a friend mentioned it on MFP, so I'm just getting that out of the way now). I put an ice pack on it last night and the swelling went down. Doesn't seem as swollen yet today, and it doesn't hurt as badly today. Feels bruised. Maybe the strap on my vibrams was too tight and it caused some internal irritation. Who knows, but I bet Dr. Lake will touch it today and I bet I'll want to punch her for it.

Yesterday was a perfectly primal day. Breakfast was the obligatory boiled eggs, bacon and orange. Lunch was leftover parmesan dijon crusted pork chops and chive cauliflower mash (OMG delish!) and an apple. Dinner was chicken parmesan made with homemade (and homegrown) tomato sauce and broccoli. The family had gluten free spaghetti with it. Had no snacks in the evening (prime sugar consumption time). I am very pleased with how yesterday went.

Today's goal is to continue avoiding sugar - except in fruit - and to follow the primal blueprint as closely as possible. Dinner will probably be steak and tater skins (I include white potatoes as a primal food source b/c it's a tuber, it grows on a plant and is edible raw - I love peeling a potato and munching on it raw). I "invented" a tater skins recipe where you bake a potato, cut it in half (mash it down if you wish - otherwise just slice up the flesh a bit without penetrating the skin), toss on some butter and some shredded cheese, bake until cheese is melty and bubbly. Top with bacon bits (not the commercial crap, but bacon you chop up yourself), onions, primal ranch dressing, whatever you want. Load'em up! So yummy!

**It's snowing right now... seriously? I'm not ready for winter! I don't have winter running shoes yet!!

Brad weighed the other day. His weight is up. He wrote it on the dry erase board on the fridge so that he sees it every time he heads into the kitchen. He's letting it motivate him to lose, but he's not in the right frame of mind. I can tell b/c he's depressed about it. I went to the store last night and asked him if he wanted anything. He said "something that I can drink that's not pepsi, but not water either. I'm sure there's no such thing." He's not a tea drinker. I wish he was. I think he'd feel less deprived if he could start liking tea. I wanted to tell him to drink diet soda for a while, but the paleo eater in me cringed at the thought so I didn't say anything. We all know that diet drinks make you eat more anyway, so it would probably backfire on him when he really needs for things to go downward to get him motivated and happy with his decision to make changes. He also told me not to buy any more ice cream. I've gotten into the habit of buying ice cream regularly again - for both of us.

He asked without asking if I was going to be following Whole30 rules again anytime soon b/c I think he wants to go primal but not be limited to no dairy at all his meals (with the exception of milk b/c he'll still drink milk even when I'm Whole30, but misses cheese and all that in his meals). I'm glad he's probably coming around and going to do something about his weight, but I'm sad that he's bummed, sad, depressed, upset, angry, whatever, about it. He says he's going to ease in, and I agree that easing in would probably be a good approach for him, but I think that jumping in with both feet would provide him with the instant gratification he'd need to get fully motivated and fully commited to the process. He'd see a significant drop very quickly if he jumped in with both feet and I know that significant drop would motivate him to keep with it... but I don't want him to get overwhelmed either.

This turn of events has me daydreaming and fantasizing about running my fingers down my husband's washboard abs. *swoon* I admit - I like abs. A rippled tummy on a man is a huge turn on for me. As are well defined, strong arms. Maybe he's finally reached his turning point and will stick with it, lose some weight and then work on his physique as well. I not above being superficial and shallow when it comes to sexual attraction and admitting what I think looks sexy on a guy. FIT is sexy to me. STRONG is sexy. Seriously... who doesn't think fit is sexy? Sexy isn't important for companionship, but sexy is important for sexual attaction... there are more things sexy than abs, being fit and being strong, but I'm a visual person. I like looking at a fit, strong, and per my definition, sexy body. don't judge me... lol

Anyhow... it's still snowing... le sigh
    Last edited by jenn26point2; 10-22-2013 at 10:10 AM.