Page 455 of 593 FirstFirst ... 355405445453454455456457465505555 ... LastLast
Results 4,541 to 4,550 of 5923

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 455

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    The view from my stand today - sitting in Brad's stand. It is WINDY out today. Dont expect to see anything.

1381872774971.jpg

1381872796785.jpg

And the roses Brad got me for our anniversary.

1381872834793.jpg
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Love the pics...& I love love love the roses!! I can just smell them thru the screen!!! They are my favorite flower.
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    What a great view for primal deer meditation. Thanks for the info on how to get started. And happy anniversary!

canio6 Guest
    Good job Brad - those are some nice looking roses.

Yeah, so I saw 6 deer last night... *sigh* One walked along the treeline in the first pic. Too far out to shoot it, I think. I might have gotten lucky, but I would have most likely missed it. Then as I was walking back to the truck, there were 4 does standing just 25 yards beyond the back of the truck in the road... then as I was driving down the lane to leave the quarry (we hunt at an old rock quarry), one ran across the road in front of me. 6 effing deer and I couldn't take a shot at a single one of them...

Tonight is parent teacher conferences so no hunting for me. Tomorrow night I'll go back out. I really hope I get one. Our household routine has been jacked up since hunting season started and I can't afford for Brad to be cooking every night... and by afford, I mean b/c he's not cooking the most primal of foods. Last night was homemade pizza with regular wheat flour crust. *sigh* But it was damn good. Something tells me he's not going to be willing to whip up chicken scampi or parmesan dijon crusted pork chops...

weight is up... by like a lot... too much non-primal food. I'm up 10 lbs. And I feel every pound by way of bloat. Trying to get myself back on track after that Whole30 has proven to be challenging and frustrating. I'll get there. Just need to find the mental fortitude to keep my hands out of the Heath Pieces bag and away from the gluten containing food products. This week is just turbulent b/c of our desires to get done hunting.

We were talking about going hunting again during shotgun season, but learned last night that if you hunt early muzzleloader, the only other season you can legally hunt is late muzzleloader, which is the last week of December and first week of January. That is totally asinine to me. Why the hell can't we hunt the shotgun seasons? Bow hunters can hunt two bow seasons and then another season of their choice (shotgun 1 or 2, late muzzleloader, or the special January season - after late muzzleloader). Shotgun season hunters can hunt 1st and 2nd season (shotgun season opens late November and early December, so they don't have as many options) and the special January season. I don't understand why people who hunt early muzzleloader can't hunt other seasons, especially since early muzzleloader is limited to 7,600 tags (FIL didn't get to hunt 1st season at all b/c there weren't any tags left). So, next year we have to make a choice... do we want to hunt muzzleloader or shotgun? Do we want to be warmer with less chance to hit a deer or do we want to freeze our asses off and risk not getting a deer? We pay for the freaking tags so why the hell can't we buy whichever tag we want? It makes no sense to me. Brad sent a message to the DNR to find out why we can't hunt any other season - to see what the logic is behind it. If we're willing to pay for the tags, we should get to hunt whenever we want - within the windows of the seasons. That's just my take on it...

ANYhow... I've got nothing else... I guess I'm just in a combative mood today... It's cold. It's cloudy... I'd never survive living where Tomi lives, that is for sure.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I have no idea what any of that hunting stuff means, but I'm sorry you haven't gotten any deer yet
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

hahaha last year I didn't know what any of it meant either. Of course, shotgun, bow, and muzzleloader are the types of weapons used to harvest the deer. Bow hunting is supposed to be the most challenging b/c there is reduced range - the arrow doesn't travel as far or as fast. Muzzleloading is like old style musket loading. You put black powder in the gun, drop in a bullet, add a primer, fire one shot. It's got greater range than a bow, but is still challenging b/c you get one shot. Shotgun is usually multi-action - you can get off more than one shot if you miss the first. Usually with shotgun season, there will be a team of hunters, one or two to shoot, the rest to wander the woods and kick up deer. This is called deer driving. Most likely to get a deer in these seasons if you party hunt. Deer driving is not allowed in bow hunting season or muzzleloading season.

Iowa's season look like this:
    Youth & Disabled: Sept 21-Oct 6
    Early Bow: Oct 1 - Dec 6 (see how long this season is????)
    Early Muzzleloader: Oct 12 - Oct 20
    1st Shotgun: Dec 7 - Dec 11
    2nd Shotgun: Dec 14 - Dec 22
    Late Muzzleloader/Late Bow: Dec 23 - Jan 10

January anterless: Jan 11 - Jan 19 <-- not sure who can hunt this season, but I believe it's everybody - at this point, most does are pregnant and laying low to preserve their life and the life of their future offspring. The only thing you'll really see out and about are bucks, and bucks are not huntable during this season).

If you hunt bow season, you can later hunt 1st shotgun, 2nd shotgun, early muzzleloader, late muzzleloader, and January antlerless, harvesting up to 3 deer, one deer per season.
    If you hunt 1st or 2nd shotgun, you can also hunt bow season and the other shotgun season, and January antlerless, harvesting up to 3 deer, one deer per season.
    If you hunt early muzzleloader, you're allowed to hunt bow, late muzzleloader and January antlerless, harvesting up to 3 deer, one deer per season.
    If you hunt late muzzleloader, you can also hunt bow, shotgun 1 or 2 (not both) and January antlerless, harvesting up to 3 deer, one deer per season.

What this means is, if you hunt 1st muzzleloader, you cannot hunt shotgun seasons... this is what is irritating to us. We don't own bows, so bow season is out for us. That leaves ONLY late muzzleloader, which is annoying. If you can hunt the other firearms seasons as a bow hunter or shotgun hunter, why can't you hunt the other firearms seasons as an early muzzleloader hunter?

The season you hunt above is based off of what season you select for your 'any sex' tag. The first tag is always your any sex tag, so you select your 1st season that way, opening up other seasons for anterless tags (does only). No matter which way I try to work this, we can't hunt early muzzleloader and another firearms season. so.... yeah. We're screwed for this year and any other year if we continue to hunt early muzzleloader. Look like we need to buy bows...which would be totally cool, but they are SO expensive and their accessories are just as expensive. Bullets are cheap!
    Last edited by jenn26point2; 10-16-2013 at 08:37 AM.

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Wow!!! so many rules!!!! I love Texas!! You have bow season & regular season. My brother hunts both. I have never heard of anyone using shotguns to hunt deer with down here...now birds yes....deer no. Most everyone uses a rifle. I'll have to ask him about the other. He has a black powder gun...but I don't think he hunts with it.
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

We're not allowed to hunt with rifles...

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I brought a potato to nuke for lunch but forgot my butter.... how the hell does one forget the KG???