Page 454 of 593 FirstFirst ... 354404444452453454455456464504554 ... LastLast
Results 4,531 to 4,540 of 5922

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 454

canio6 Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Internet huggiez Jon! All of them... just for you. Lol

I hope your day brightens. When do you get off work today? Is it soon?
    I'm off now so woot woot. Internet hugs to you too

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Pretty pics Jenn! Your hunting season opens early...ours doesn't open for several more weeks yet. Hubby isn't much of a deer hunter. He does like to hunt birds...dove & geese mostly. I don't hunt anything except my chicken's eggs!! lol. Hope you get that big boy!!!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    We did not see the buck. Brad saw a couple of does, but they didn't come into range, so he didn't get to take a shot at one. They didn't come out until the wind died, which was right as the sun dropped below the tree line in pic #2. We're going to go out again tomorrow night and Monday night.

[rambling]

Thinking out loud here...

First and foremost, Brad and I hunt to fill our freezers, not to get a trophy buck, or be the one to take down the deer, etc. We don't hunt competitively - we hunt for the survival aspects of it. One deer will provide a LOT of meat for the family to eat. That being said, I have never shot a deer. I have shot AT a deer, but have never shot one. Do I want to? Sure. Am I going to be disappointed if I don't? Sure, but only b/c my tag/license cost $60 and I'll be out that money if I don't get one. If Brad and I shot the buck (monster or not), we'll keep his antlers, but not his head. We have two sets of antlers mounted - one set on our wall. The first set that got mounted was a deer that I killed when I hit it with my truck in 2003. My dad took possession of the dead animal and processed it for his use. As a shit-head joke gift, he mounted the antlers and gave them to me for Christmas. (He's silly like that). The first year Brad and I were married, said mounted antlers served as stocking hangers.

This brings me to my frustration (I have a lot of them...) Early muzzleloader season started today. We have two tags to fill. Brad informed me that if one of us hits a deer, we will use my tag to make the deer legal b/c in early muzzleloader, you're not allowed to "party hunt", which means everyone has to possess an unfilled tag in order to hunt. So, if Brad shoots a deer and we use his tag to mark it, I will have to hunt by myself. This is unappealing to me, so I am happy to sacrifice my tag to take possession of the deer. Will I be bummed that I didn't get to shoot one myself? Sure, but not nearly as upset as I'd be if I had to hunt by myself (however, Brad said he'd sit in the truck at my Grandma's house (we're hunting her property) and would wait for me to call and say I'd shot a deer, and he'd come out and help me find it and gut it for me. He's such a peach. ) I'm not sure if it's even legal for him to help me search for it or for him to gut it without a tag... idk.

Anyhow, since neither of us like this single person hunting, we've been talking about how we'll do it next year. I think the plan is for Brad to get two tags and for me to get one. That way, if he gets a deer, he can use one of his tags and the two of us can still be out there together til I fill my tag and if he gets a second, so be it... if not, no worries. Two deer in the freezer is all we're really interested in anyway. If it wasn't so cold, I'd suggest we hunt late muzzleloader (there are fewer rules about party hunting and weapon use in late muzzleloader), but that is the last week of December into the first week of January. Too cold for me! Brrrrrr....

Today, MIL took the kids so we could hunt. She came over at 6 and sat at the house til the kids woke up and then took them to get breakfast. After breakfast, she took them to the park and they fed the ducks. Makenna go bit by a goose b/c she wasn't dishing out the bread fast enough. lol There was no harm but Makenna was shaken by it. After that she took them to the park by the riverfront and Makenna came home super excited b/c they'd seen two "boats swimming". lol We called MIL when we came in from the timber at about 10 and asked her to drop the kids off when she came back into town. She asked when we were going to go back out the the timber and we told her 3 and that we would bring the kids back to her before we leave. She asked if she could keep them b/c she and FIL wanted to take them to the apple orchard and pumpkin patch. Wow... I didn't expect that. She hasn't asked to take the kids or to do anything with the kids for a long time... I think the last time may have been before the daycare was opened. So we were overjoyed and told her she could have them. About 1 pm, though, I was missing my kiddos, so I walked over and hung out for a while. She was still waiting for FIL to get home from work, so they were just hanging out at her house. It made me very happy that she wanted our kids and wanted to do something with them. Like really really happy. I was pretty much convinced that she didn't like our kids anymore. So, she had our kids from 6 am til after 7 pm tonight... that's a long day, but they had so much fun and she said they were very well behaved (now, I'm pretty certain she had to have taken someone else's kids... lol). Both kids crashed at 8:30. Hopefully they stay crashed all night long and sleep in tomorrow.

I suppose, I'll stop rambling now...

[/ramble]
    Last edited by jenn26point2; 10-12-2013 at 08:04 PM.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

canio6 Guest
    Sounds like you had some good hunting fun. Good luck nailing a deer and putting that tag to good use.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    popping in to say hi

That's pretty awesome that MIL and FIL had the kids for the entire day! Hope you both get a deer tagged and bagged soon!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I am feeling more and more that I would like to hunt deer for consumption, but I don't even know how to go about learning the basics.

Sabine, first step is to take Hunter Education. It'll teach you the basic laws and rifle handling/marksmanship. After that, it's probably best to get teamed up with someone with hunting experience who can show you how it works. Lucky for me, I have my husband and father-in-law and dad to train me. It really doesn't take much training... ensure you're confident with a rifle/shotgun/bow, whatever you plan to hunt with, go out to the woods, see a deer and shoot it. Of course, make sure you know where your party is placed so you don't shoot someone. We sit in deer stands and I know where Brad's is and there's no chance I'll shoot him, or visa versa. Our stands sit back to back with a few yards between us. We'd have to turn clear around in our stands to accidentally shoot each other. Makes me comfortable b/c my biggest fear last year was accidentally shooting my husband or FIL.

Today is mine and Brad's 8th wedding anniversary. It's hard to believe we made it this far considering some of the trials we've been through, but we made it this far, so it seems silly to give up on us now. It's been a wild ride - not anywhere near calm as would be preferred, but we held on and made it. My heart is joyful and happy today. Right now, my poor guy is in bed with a migraine. I had one on Sunday and Brady had one yesterday... makes me wonder what kind of sickness is working its way through our house.

Brad got his deer last night. It was little, but will provide some meat for our freezer. Now I have to go hunting by myself and hope to get one. If I get one, I'll call Brad and he'll come field dress it for me and take it to the locker. We were going to use my tag to mark this deer, but he really wants me to get a chance to shoot one, so he talked me into holding onto my tag. And he said that unless it's got spots, it'll be bigger than his. lol

It's rainy and cold today so I don't know if I want to go out today... there's nothing quite like sitting in a tree stand waiting for the off chance that a deer will walk by while getting rained on and chilled through to the bone... Unless it warms up, I probably won't go today. I'll still schedule my leave for 2 pm in case it warms up. If it doesn't, oh well... it's 2 hours off work. Maybe I can get something done in that time if I don't hunt.

Off to read some journals. Have a grand day everyone.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Happy Anniversary! Good luck bagging your deer!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

So, I will not be considered for the Protocol position b/c I did not submit my SF50, which proves I'm a current government employee... *sigh* fuck.

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Happy Anniversary! And I'm sorry about the job!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!