Page 453 of 585 FirstFirst ... 353403443451452453454455463503553 ... LastLast
Results 4,521 to 4,530 of 5845

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 453

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Seriously? Why does everything within the government have to be a test of hoop jumping??? It makes me want chocolate...
    Hugs! I wish I had something positive to add, but the gov't hiring system is all kinds of fucked. It sounds like you were bumped in the 'computer selection' phase before a human even looks at it. Hopefully they catch the error quickly!
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    I contacted CPAC about it. I probably did get dumped by the resume "reader". The flag has been raised so hopefully something will come of it.

So, the general is given some liberties to award time off at his discretion, so as a government employee, we usually get 59 minutes off the evening before a holiday. Military usually gets the day before a holiday off (the whole freaking day b/c the general can do that). Civilians are only given 59 minutes b/c anything higher requires congressional or presidential approval or some shit like that...

Right now, we all fall under POMA funds right now (The Pay Our Military Act) which is a theoretical pot of money to keep our military working (which requires a lot of us civilians). Anyhow, they put out a notice that the 59 minute rule had been cancelled today b/c it's illegal under POMA funding... but yet our military have the entire day off... how is THAT legal?

I questioned this to someone who is, but isn't, significant. Not two minutes later, a new email came out stating that we in fact COULD take 59 minutes off today without submitting leave. My email didn't make the difference b/c the decision is made WAY higher than our office or any office on RIA, but it was still kinda funny.

In any event, I was considering taking a couple of hours off today to get ready for hunting tomorrow morning (have to dig out my clothes and wash them in the scent eliminating laundry soap) so I wouldn't be able to use the 59 minute rule anyway (cannot be used in conjunction with leave), so it doesn't really pertain to me anyway, but I was pissed for everyone else...

I think I might go run on my newly fixed leg now.
    Last edited by jenn26point2; 10-11-2013 at 10:05 AM.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Heh, at least you get those 59 minutes, Jenn! We were told that it's illegal, and it went away a couple years ago.

Have fun hunting!

Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    Heh, at least you get those 59 minutes, Jenn! We were told that it's illegal, and it went away a couple years ago.

Have fun hunting!
    It is illegal. According to policy 59 minutes is a supervisory discretion tool. For example, I come out to my car and it has a flat. I call work and let them know. I change the flat and get to work late. If I am less than an hour late (the 59 minute rule) I can still get paid for that hour per my supervisor's discretion. Obviously this is only to be used in rare occasions. It is not a "Hey, I am going to be 15 minutes late every day!" idea.

Policy specifically states that it cannot be used to allow people to leave early, but that is exactly how it is used. I figure it is because 'everyone does it' so no one complains. That said, we don't get it nor do other first responders.

Edit: as to the military, I feel your pain. However, I was not making OT working 20 hours days in Iraq nor working 7 days a week nor did anyone give two shits if I were in the motor pool 12 hours a day + pt. I figure they earned the day off somewhere else.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    I give a shit!! & if I have never done so, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your service!! I'm sorry that you & the rest of our precious boys & girls have ever had to do be in those hell holes anyways! (((Hugs))). That goes for you too Jenn.
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Didn't mean to light a fire, Jon. I have only know the use of the 59 minutes in conjunction with a holiday. I was told it was something worked out between the Union and our higher headquarters in Alabama... in any event, I took 4 hours of leave and did not use the 59 minute rule.

I agree whole heartedly about the military deserving the time off... my question was, if under POMA it's illegal to allow civilians to use command discretion time off awards, why is it not illegal for the military to use command discretion time off awards bc the military training holiday is a command discretion time off award, by all rights.

Sitting... er... swaying in my tree stand. Pretty dang windy out today. Tree is rocking with the wind. Havent seen any deer yet but we know they're here. Buck scrapes say they are. Fresh tracks made since we were here last Friday says they're are. Just gotta be here when they come thru. We hope the buck is big and that someone in his harem of does is a freezer filler. We have any sex tags and hope to score us a big boy for bragging rights and a fully stocked freezer.

I decided I'm done taking vitex. This month's Russian Circus is painful again. Last month's was pain free, as was the month before, IIRC. Only difference is that I took vitex during the first half of this cycle. Going to discontinue it so if anyone is interested, I have one and a half bottles up for grabs.

Hope your Saturdays are nice.

The view from my tree stand.

1381614146247.jpg

1381614165650.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Didn't mean to light a fire, Jon,.
    Oh no worries. I am just in a pissy mood. I totally get where you are coming from. I just get pissed because our stupid as fuck chain-of-command takes 59 minutes at every opportunity and then wants to harp on every little detail of the regulations. It just irritates me. It was not meant to be directed at you specifically.

As for the military, I get your point there too. The furlough made no sense to me, especially as put by our GC - "If you can take leave you can be furloughed." Good to know Colonel because you and every soldier in the Army gets to take leave. Enjoy your furlough day. Of course, it wont happen because "Senator Blah says F*ck the military!" does not play well. "Lazy, overpaid government workers not getting paid" sounds better.

I keep waiting to see Bucky the Buck pop over the crest of that hill in pic #1 and be all big and proud and dominant and magestic and stuff... and then walk right down the hill into the path of my bullet, but he hasn't yet... damn him...

Internet huggiez Jon! All of them... just for you. Lol

I hope your day brightens. When do you get off work today? Is it soon?