Page 452 of 551 FirstFirst ... 352402442450451452453454462502 ... LastLast
Results 4,511 to 4,520 of 5505

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 452

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Thanks to the New Deal, the government has its fingers in many things it shouldn't and gets more money than it should. Unless we can convince our overlords in Washington to ditch bloat and cut out withholding, we'll continued being taxed to death. Vote 'em all out. More to the point, vote 'em all out and vote in someone that isn't an 80 year old rich white guy. I don't care which of those 4 qualities they don't embody, but they aren't allowed to be all 4. I fail to see how someone who's had a silver spoon in their mouth and every conceivable privilege their entire life represents America.
    w0rd
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    & vote no to "career" politicians. Throw 'em all out & start over, with term limits. With the exception of just a few.
    SW-211
    CW-209

Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Called Wells Fargo to see what my best course of action is reference my mortgage payment due the first and the possible lack of VA benefits hitting my checking account in time. The gal tried to sell me a credit card... seriously? I'm calling you b/c I don't know how I'm going to make my mortgage payment and you want to sell me more debt??? Piss off lady! *sigh*

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Thanks to the New Deal, the government has its fingers in many things it shouldn't and gets more money than it should. Unless we can convince our overlords in Washington to ditch bloat and cut out withholding, we'll continued being taxed to death. Vote 'em all out. More to the point, vote 'em all out and vote in someone that isn't an 80 year old rich white guy. I don't care which of those 4 qualities they don't embody, but they aren't allowed to be all 4. I fail to see how someone who's had a silver spoon in their mouth and every conceivable privilege their entire life represents America.
    I don't disagree with your sentiment.... that being said, a "Vote for me, and you are on your own" platform won't attract enough voters to have any real impact, because "free" government money is more addictive than crack....

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Piss off lady! *sigh*
    I hope you said this in a high pitched "Monty Pyton" voice.....

Why do I read forums??? Why? I got interested in a forum at MFP and it totally pissed me off... I need to just stay away... No more forums! Just journals.

I must have inadvertently touched my face after touching my poison ivy rash... I now have a rash on my face... *sigh* Brad had better get a deer this year or this rash will have been earned for nothing... a deer would be worth it. I'm just so glad my kids weren't playing around that tree. Picked up some Tec Labs TecNu scrub. It helps for a while - probably only b/c it's got a pumice like ingredient that scratches the rash while you're scrubbing... If the rash isn't improving by Monday (holiday) I'll go to the dr. and get a Rx. I have to take Brady in anyway for some kind of wart thing on his foot. Poor kid.

Weight: same
    Diet: Still primal. I may have ventured into the whole 90% category last night with some Enjoy Life chocolate chunks. Evaporated Cane Juice probably doesn't qualify as primal... They should use honey instead.

Left my phone at home... and my furlough paperwork... I was working with the credit union reference our bills and possible need for deferrment on some until this whole thing blows over. Guess I'll have to do that tomorrow - except I can't set a reminder on my phone b/c the phone is still plugged into the charger next to my bed... *sigh* Did get our mortgage payment delayed so I don't have to worry about that overdrawing our checking account in case the idiots in Washington don't make a decision soon and I lose my VA payments...

Appt with Dr. Lake today to get this muscle strain thing or whatever it is figured out so I can run again. Quads and the surrounding areas are still screaming from squats the other day. Oy...

Russian Circus is approaching. I can tell by the cynicism in my head. Everything sucks today - usually a pretty good sign when all other signs are absent. I'm going to head out to read some journals. Hopefully everyone is uplifting today.

Just returned from seeing Dr. Lake. The Peroneal brevis issue I was experiencing is actually with my peroneal nerve. She says I'm all fixed up now and can run whenever. Headed out tomorrow for 4 miles. Quads are still screaming (as are my hammies and my glutes - oy vey!). A moderate length, slow run will do them some good and work that lactic acid out of them. Then 10 miles on Sunday.

OMG... I just realized tomorrow is a military training holiday - meaning there will be no military at work. So, boss and XO will both be gone. Boss #2 has been assigned to a temporary duty in another area so she's not around either. It'll just be me tomorrow... BOW-RING! WTF am I going to do all day tomorrow?

Maybe I'll bring a book...

Guys, I'm pisssed... I just got an email indicating that my resume will not be considered for the protocol job b/c I lack either the experience or the education required for the position when I CLEARLY showed I have earned my master's degree, which was required if experience was lacking. I'm pissed. WTF?

PrimalCon New York
    I called someone at work reference the application declination and she told me that I needed to contact Civilian Human Resource Agency with my complaint reference not being considered for this position erroneously. She gave me the number to call. I called. Got a recording that their telephone inquiry system is temporarily unavailable and I'd need to send an email... *headdesk* For fuck's sake. So, I emailed. The gal I talked to said that I needed to jump on this now to get it corrected before they hire someone b/c once they hire someone, it's difficult to get reconsidered.

Seriously? Why does everything within the government have to be a test of hoop jumping??? It makes me want chocolate...

*oh, did I mention the Russian Circus came to town? So I'm sure that's reducing my frustration and idiocy tolerance.