Page 451 of 553 FirstFirst ... 351401441449450451452453461501551 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,510 of 5525

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 451

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I didn't. I bought them... but... they're not difficult. Pound out your chicken breasts til thin. Layer cheese and ham (they used swiss) then roll. Wrap with a slice of bacon and a toothpick to hold it all together. Bake at 425 til center is 160 degrees.

They're super delicious!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    My guys would love that! Putting chicken breasts on my grocery list!! Thanks!!
    SW-211
    CW-209

Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Yup.

SIL contacted me last night about doing a Whole30 in November. I reminded her of Thanksgiving and she and I decided that November is not the right time. Maybe between Thanksgiving and Christmas. In the meantime, we've committed to 100% primal.

Thinking about going to the gym... quadz are screaming today! Oy! Love squatz. Appt with Dr. Lake to get that little muscle fixed up... can't wait - yet dreading it at the same time...

Poison ivy is driving me nuts. No new rashes, but the established rashes itch like a bitch...

Re: government shutdown... our pay is still uncertain. We'll be paid for everything up until 9/30. So I will get a check for 48 hours on the 17th. Then for the days we've worked since October 7, we'll be given retroactive pay for whenever the government approves a budget... who knows when that'll be or when we'll actually get paid. Then, Congress has to agree to pay us for the time we were off - 3 days and a few hours. Frustrating. Since I'm back to work, Brad is less concerned about money and wants to spend what we had in savings (it was earmarked for a specific cause and then that cause got put on hold b/c I wasn't getting paid). I asked him to wait longer since I don't know when our checks will be paid and sent him the email traffic reference it from the labor union and the Command. This is irritating.

There was a post on MFP asking people how the shutdown was affecting them and the OP said that one of his clients cancelled all of her training appointments with him b/c she can't afford her mortgage right now - after working for the gov't for 20+ years. The thread blew up with "she should have a reserve!", "there's no reason for a 40+ person to not have a year's salary in savings!", etc, etc, etc. Oy... what a mess. I gave my two cents and backed out of that mess. I know we're going to be impacted... maybe worse than others... maybe not as bad as some... doesn't matter. Everyone's struggle is their own and in their mind, it's paramount. No one should be judging anyone based on how much money they may or may not have set aside for a rainy day. It's not their place to judge the lady the OP was talking about. B/c the VA is running out of money, I may not be able to make my mortgage! Others here rely on the same organization for their rent money... neither of us are any more or less responsible b/c we don't have the extra money set aside so to assume so is asinine. I really hate the forums at MFP sometimes.

Anyhow... still thinking about the gym... maybe I'll just walk since my quads are so tired... nothing else going on, really...

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Both Sweetie and I are in "essential" positions, so we never got furloughed. But who knows when we'll get paid. It won't hurt us (kids are all grown up and gone, all their college bills are paid off), we have savings. But there are a lot of people who will be in a really tough situation with no pay (even if it does get approved for back pay).

And just because someone is 40+ years old or has over 20 years in government service, it doesn't mean they've been able to establish an emergency savings account. We were still paying college bills for the kids when we were 40+. Some people are supporting extended family, have medical bills not covered by any plan, etc.

Government employees not getting paid is shit that rolls downhill. Personal trainers, restaurants, leisure places (movies, bowling, whatever) suffer down the line because we don't have the money to pass on. These people should be complaining to their government idiots, not on a chat board!

*sigh*

/rant

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    Government employees not getting paid is shit that rolls downhill. Personal trainers, restaurants, leisure places (movies, bowling, whatever) suffer down the line because we don't have the money to pass on. These people should be complaining to their government idiots, not on a chat board!
    Agreed completely. I wonder how the gov't would like it if 'we the people' shut down and decided not to pay taxes on time. Oh wait, they would never let that happen.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    *standing up & clapping * for what canio said!!!
    SW-211
    CW-209

Goal: Don't worry be happy!

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Agreed completely. I wonder how the gov't would like it if 'we the people' shut down and decided not to pay taxes on time. Oh wait, they would never let that happen.
    Isn't that what the American Revolution was about? I know it's severely diluted in textbooks, but I thought taxes & such were a part of it. If people could take a stand, it really would make a difference, but there's a lot of people to organize.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Isn't that what the American Revolution was about? I know it's severely diluted in textbooks, but I thought taxes & such were a part of it. If people could take a stand, it really would make a difference, but there's a lot of people to organize.
    Well, the sad thing is that now the government gets most of its tax money up front due to the 'temporary' measure of with-holding started to pay for WWII. Of course, like most government programs it never ended. As such, if I were not to pay taxes on time all this would mean is the government would still have all the money they already took out of my check each payday plus the extra (if any) they have to give back to me.

So while it sounds like a good plan it would not be effective and those that did owe money would just get hit with fines, threats, and possible jail time.

I'm just going with the 'vote all the bums out' option.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    well, the sad thing is that now the government gets most of its tax money up front due to the 'temporary' measure of with-holding started to pay for wwii. Of course, like most government programs it never ended. As such, if i were not to pay taxes on time all this would mean is the government would still have all the money they already took out of my check each payday plus the extra (if any) they have to give back to me.

So while it sounds like a good plan it would not be effective and those that did owe money would just get hit with fines, threats, and possible jail time.

I'm just going with the 'vote all the bums out' option.
    ^^this^^

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Thanks to the New Deal, the government has its fingers in many things it shouldn't and gets more money than it should. Unless we can convince our overlords in Washington to ditch bloat and cut out withholding, we'll continued being taxed to death. Vote 'em all out. More to the point, vote 'em all out and vote in someone that isn't an 80 year old rich white guy. I don't care which of those 4 qualities they don't embody, but they aren't allowed to be all 4. I fail to see how someone who's had a silver spoon in their mouth and every conceivable privilege their entire life represents America.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome