Page 449 of 579 FirstFirst ... 349399439447448449450451459499549 ... LastLast
Results 4,481 to 4,490 of 5783

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 449

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Thanks, Doc! I appreciate the input. I'll see if Brad can run to Walmart for me today to look for it.

I got an email from the online job application site indicating my application status had changed. I went into my account to see what the change was and it simply stated my application had been received. While I was in there, I poked around and looked at the job posting again and realized I'd left info off of my resume that was necessary to be considered: hours worked per week at each job. Not sure why that's important other than to verify full time versus part time, but all of my job experience is with the Army so that should be a given... oh well. Updated the resume and resubmitted my application. Glad I caught that when I did. Without that info, they wouldn't even consider me for the position!! Yikes! Next time I'll be sure to read the WHOLE job posting so I make sure to supply the right info from the start!

Ate applesauce last night... gut rumblings again this morning. It is definitely the applesauce at fault. Not sure if it's the carb-load so close to bed or the fiber content or what it is that causes the applesauce to make my gut so unhappy.

Down just over a pound this morning.

Poison ivy is spreading. I found the 4 blisters on the back of my elbow last night and then overnight I discovered 5 or 6 blisters on the back of my right forearm. It would make sense that I'd have blisters on my right arm since that's the arm that came most in contact with the plant. Have all three sites covered with bandaids now, and swabbed them with alcohol. I read online that rubbing alcohol is supposed to stop the spread... Also washed my entire body with Dawn dish liquid - just in case.

Also read online that I only have 15 minutes from contact to wash the oil off my skin before it penetrates and causes a rash. I was forced to wait roughly 20-30 minutes. So I've pretty much resigned myself to having to deal with the rash, but I certainly hope I can prevent it from spreading any further.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Good luck on the new job opportunity and on getting rid of the poison ivy!
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

The spot on my elbow itches with a passion! OY!

Got my car all blinged out!!

Half maraton to the power of 8 sticker to indicate 8 completed halves.
    1381242107932.jpg

Brad's racing number.
    1381242122699.jpg

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Nice!

I really want the sticker that says "0.0 Yeah, I don't run."
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Wow... that first picture is HUGE in comparison to the other pic... weird since they came from the same camera... Maybe I'll crop it and repost.

Another botched run today. Today I made it 0.83 miles before the burning in my lower leg got so bad I had to stop. I have decided it's either a strained peroneus brevis or compartment syndrome. A strained muscle I can fix easily - fix my form and seek treatment for the strain. A compartment syndrome requires 3-4 months off of running and possibly surgery (but most post-op runners are able to resume running after about a month). Obviously I can't take 3-4 months off, and I certainly don't want to have surgery. I'm hoping some ART therapy with Dr. Lake will correct it enough to see me through the training season. If only her treatments didn't come through as a chiropractic visit and could instead be submitted as physical therapy or something! I get unlimited visits with a PT and only 20 with a chiro... I would think they'd be all for the chiro appointments considering they're non-invasive and cheap in comparison...

So, hopefully after Thursday things will be happy again.

In the meantime, I plan to start lifting again. Did squats today. My max prior to my break was 110 for 3 reps. Today I did 5 reps of 100 with relative ease, so I don't think I've lost too much strength. I need to really focus on core strength, though, so I'll be doing a few planks in the coming weeks to build that back up. Core strength related directly to form and my form is off based on my heel strike, so I need to work on it.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Are you foam rolling as instructed?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Found a stretch that is supposed to help my possible strain. Try it. It's awesome.

Stand with your feet together. Take the ball of your right foot and big toe and place over the big toe of your left foot, keeping heels together. Bend your knees. AMAZING!

That was the instruction for my IT band... completely different area of the body. Rolling the lower legs is rather pointless (or seems pointless) b/c there is little pressure provided by the lack of weight in our lower legs. I may massage it with a golf ball though.

**But to answer your question, no I have not been foam rolling either... it slips my mind until I start running, quite honestly.
    Last edited by jenn26point2; 10-08-2013 at 02:08 PM.