Page 447 of 584 FirstFirst ... 347397437445446447448449457497547 ... LastLast
Results 4,461 to 4,470 of 5833

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 447

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    OMG effing hilarious.

Attachment 13521
    You have to appreciate the "Happier than a camel on Wednesday" commercials to appreciate that^.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    LOL Okay, that is hilarious.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    That's our favorite commercial!!!! too funny!!!! Thanks for the laugh to start the day!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Day 5... it looks like we'll be getting back pay. Thank Heavens. Brad and I have enough set aside that we would survive for a month without my pay, but we'd rather not use it all up. We still won't receive any pay until the shut down is over, but at least we'll get it. That's not entirely fair to those who have actually worked during this period, but I guess this is what they did in 95 too.

Gotta get rid of the sugar!! ARGH! Seriously, it's kicking my ass. I've gone out for 3 runs since I quit Whole30. The first one, my IT Band started causing me problems. Since then my other two runs have produced calf issues. Frustrating. I've scrapped my last two runs early b/c the calf burned so badly. Time to ditch the sugar and stick with straight up Primal. (or whole30 plus dairy)

Other than that, just staying busy at home. Bought the kids a whole "new" wardrobe at the 2nd hand store yesterday. Got my new sticker on the car. 13.1 to the power of 8. Love it. I think it's on crooked though, which drives me batshit crazy. Nothing new - just lots of news watching.

valmason01 is online now Senior Member
    Jenn I am so sorry you are effected by this BS. Our government is disgusting...Nothing but sociopaths masquerading as people. I love how great your attitude is! Thinking and praying for you..I wish I could do more.
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

That's not entirely fair to those who have actually worked during this period, but I guess this is what they did in 95 too.
    When I get up for work tomorrow that will be my thought as well, but really, it is not your fault that Congress is a bunch of asshats. They should not be fucking around with the lives of regular folks. It just cements the fact that I need to get out of the government system. Glad to hear you all are getting back paid. Now they just need to get everyone back to work.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

I guess some people at the Arsenal are going back to work this week. Not sure if I'm one or not. I talked to the Union VP and she said that our bosses are supposed to be contact with us if we are one of those who is supposed to be going back to work. Since I'm just a secretary and not really involved too closely with the operations that our command does, I doubt I'll be important enough to our mission to be called back. I mean, when it comes to me making sure the COL has his calendar printed each afternoon and someone else making sure a warfighter has an operational piece of equipment, the other person wins hands down.

Whatever... as far as I'm concerned, I'm on a paid vacation... and if it means going back to work and having to wait forever to be paid, or be off work and wait forever to be paid, I'd rather be off work. In fact, I'm not even sure how the Union would let a person work and have their pay suspended until the government fixes its shit. I suspect our Union would raise holy hell about that. But, I guess it might be a different deal completely when it comes to working for the government and all that bureaucratic red tape and political bullshit that takes place.

So, in the meantime, I sit by my phone and wait for my boss to call me and tell me it's time to return to work...

SHIT! I just remembered I still have to submit my application for the Protocol job! Better do that tonight! Yikes!!

In reference to diet? Shit... what diet... tomorrow, back to Primal. 100%. And I'm doing my own little sugar detox. As an endurance runner, I cannot do without sweet potatoes, so what I'm going to do is just eliminate all sources of sugars, with the exception of sweet/white potatoes in reasonable serving sizes.

I'm up 10 lbs since quitting my Whole30 on the 28th. 10 lbs in like 10 days. Ridic....

FlyladyWhole30? Yeah, that hasn't happened either. I hope you other ladies are doing better with it than I am...

I'm gonna go apply for a job now. See ya!

Whatever... as far as I'm concerned, I'm on a paid vacation...
    This is my jealous face -

Kidding. Enjoy the time off from the morons, uh, government.

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    This is my jealous face -

Kidding. Enjoy the time off from the morons, uh, government.
    Yeah, my jealous face, too! At least they finally passed giving furloughed workers back-pay. It's bad enough that we had to take an involuntary pay cut this past summer.

I wonder if they're going to un-furlough the payroll folks so we can get paid on time?

Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    I wonder if they're going to un-furlough the payroll folks so we can get paid on time?
    That would make sense, so no, of course not.