Page 446 of 593 FirstFirst ... 346396436444445446447448456496546 ... LastLast
Results 4,451 to 4,460 of 5927

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 446

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Congress is still being paid, as are most of the other overpriced fluff in Washington. The furlough only applies to humans in far less necessary jobs like security.
    Well, to be fair, we are still at work. Not getting paid but at work. They promise to pay us later. lawl.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I think its pretty dumb to tell people not to come to work - but then make up for the lost pay later. How inefficient is that? Here - you can have some time off without pay...... oh but you'll probably get paid for it later anyway. Our government is so dumb!!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    I think its pretty dumb to tell people not to come to work - but then make up for the lost pay later. How inefficient is that? Here - you can have some time off without pay...... oh but you'll probably get paid for it later anyway. Our government is so dumb!!
    Well, this is true. Then again, it is not Jenn's fault she doesn't get to work because Congress is full of idiots (idiots who still get paid). Would you have much loyalty to your employer if everytime there was some office politics you got sent home for a week without pay? I, for one, am tired of it and looking to get out of government service asap.

Oh - not blaming Jenn at all or anyone else who is victim to this nonsense! I just can't imagine any private business being run the way the government runs. Its totally ridiculous! Government jobs used to be safe and secure, not so much anymore.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Oh - not blaming Jenn at all or anyone else who is victim to this nonsense! I just can't imagine any private business being run the way the government runs. Its totally ridiculous! Government jobs used to be safe and secure, not so much anymore.
    A private business run like the government would be out of business. That is for sure.

^ in a New York minute!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Day 2 off work. I haven't really done much of anything today. I tried to run this morning but things were unhappy so I scrapped it. The IT band is unhappy still. Need to roll it out and roll out some muscles too.

I did go to Muscatine and pick up dog food and get my eyebrows waxed. My sister does my brows and gave me the service free since I'm out of work. She didn't need to do that. This week we're fine. Next week we're fine... it's 3 weeks from now that we'll be hurting. She told me to apply it to groceries. What a sweetie - not that a brow wax costs me much anyway - I only pay $3 for my waxes, but I tip her generously and I think that's what she was referring to.

The new radio for the old fusion came in so I picked that up. Brad will be swapping it out for the old one this afternoon, I'm sure. The backlighting in the current radio died probably a year ago... he wasn't concerned about it when it was MY car, but now that it's his car... I knew what my channel presets were (and he should be able to easily figure it out) but he wants a radio that has adequate backlighting... whatev... I've got my nice new fancy schmancy radio.

And I painted a coat hanger that I bought from Walmart. It's "walnut" colored with brushed bronze hooks, but our house is outfitted with brushed nickel fixtures, so I took the hooks off, painted the board white and the hooks in a nickel satin finish spray paint. The hooks look great, but the board not so great. The finish on the board bled through the white paint and left pink splotches. So, I'll be sanding it down once the pain dries well enough and repainting. Guess I should have gotten some primer as well. I decided to paint it white b/c I'm going to hang it low for the kids to use. I felt the wooden board finished in walnut would make it too obvious and make it stand out. With white paint it'll blend into the wall better. Unfortunately, it's taking a lot more steps than I had anticipated... If I could find the paint jug with the leftover paint from the living room, I'd brush it on to really match, but whatever. I'm not sure where that paint is right now. I looked where I thought it was, but it's not there. Who knows what I did with it. lol

Anyhow, back to it... have that board sitting in the sun to dry. Going to see if it's ready for sanding yet.

PS Shut down sucks.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    *hugs* Jenn.

I'm working because my pay comes from the working capital fund, but no guarantee when they'll actually pay me.

Funny how they could furlough me in the summer, but not now... I was paid from the working capital fund then, too.

I hope everyone votes against the incumbents next time. Frakking idiots, all of them.

See, Canio wasn't considered critical this summer either and now he is... funny how our organization provides equipment to the warfighter in theater, but we're not critical too... At least the soldiers are getting paid - sometime.

Got the hook board painted. Picked up some primer, primed it, and then repainted. It's now hanging on my wall holding up two wee ones' school bags. Pretty happy with it.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification