Page 444 of 593 FirstFirst ... 344394434442443444445446454494544 ... LastLast
Results 4,431 to 4,440 of 5927

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 444

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Studying the concept of military protocol and etiquette for official entertainment in preparation for possible job interview... I'll have to get through the automated resume scrubbing system and something tells me I probably won't get through it (I lack some specifically requested exerience, which is supposedly ok if you have a master's degree, so we'll see), but I have the manual and will be studying just in case. This job would be so awesome (and so sucky at the same time) and right up my alley! *fingerscrossed*

I haven't submitted my application yet b/c I need to attach my transcript and that's at home. I'll submit my app next week.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Here's hoping on the protocol job. It really does sound right up your alley.
    I got nothin' on the BMs. It could possibly be the added fiber from the fruit before bed doing it?
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Good luck on the job, Jenn! Sounds like a fun job!! Who doesn't like a party!!!!!

Good things coming your way these days huh?

Makes us all go SQUEEEE for Jenn!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Good luck on the job, Jenn! Sounds like a fun job!! Who doesn't like a party!!!!!

Good things coming your way these days huh?

Makes us all go SQUEEEE for Jenn!
    I hope... but right now I have to find my danged transcript from St. Ambrose! I can't locate it and can't figure out where I might have put it other than where it should be (in the degree folder). *sigh*

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    Wow...sounds like a great job. Keep us posted.

I went through Candida treatment last year with anti fungals and elimination diet. It's a pain but it works. I take probiotics ona regular basis now. Might be something to look into if tummy issues keep up.
    You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Ok, the school will send me an electronic copy of my transcript by this afternoon - and get this: IT'S FREE! St. Ambrose doesn't charge for a replacement copy of a transcript. Fantastic! I'm excited again.

In sadder news, we lost a soldier and his wife this weekend. They were killed in a motorcycle accident. I don't know details, but they were riding Saturday night and it was raining. They ran into the back of a van. His wife died at the scene and he died during surgery. It is my assumption since it's Army policy that, at a minimum, he was wearing a helmet. It's a sad day at the Arsenal today.

I killed my Whole30 this weekend, then promptly binged on wheat products and sugar. Had pizza Saturday night and it tore me apart. It wasn't long before I was visiting the bathroom (maybe a couple of hours). I was hurting. Crampy. Did not weigh today as I didn't want to know the truth. Contemplating a 21 Day Sugar Detox to start tomorrow, but I'm really dreading giving up fruit... I've come to really enjoy my daily apples and oranges. (hahaha daily apple... get it?)

I set out to do 8 miles of hills yesterday. I completed them, but during mile 6, my left knee started to bother me. It felt nerve related. My knee, shin and ankle felt weak - like they could collapse/give out at any time. It didn't feel like tendon pain or ligament pain or anything like that - but was instead a shooting nerve pain. It was weird. Now, it's tendon/ligament pain. It hurts upon bending, at the anterior lower lateral region of the knee. It's frustrating. Seems it's always something. Hoping to get in with Dr. Lake later today to have it checked out b/c tomorrow is another run day.

Saw Dr. Lake for my knee today. Sure enough, it's connective tissue related. It's my IT Band. She told me to roll roll roll out my IT Band. I hate rolling. It hurts!

After her work on it, it feels a little better and I know it'll improve as the day goes on.

It's sounding like we're all going to be sent home tomorrow. Congress is so effing worthless... It's going to be so awesome not getting paid - AGAIN. *sigh*

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Saw Dr. Lake for my knee today. Sure enough, it's connective tissue related. It's my IT Band. She told me to roll roll roll out my IT Band. I hate rolling. It hurts!

After her work on it, it feels a little better and I know it'll improve as the day goes on.

It's sounding like we're all going to be sent home tomorrow. Congress is so effing worthless... It's going to be so awesome not getting paid - AGAIN. *sigh*

My guess is you get back paid. Here is hoping.

They told us that if we get furloughed tomorrow, we are supposed to code KE for furlough in ATAAPS for the remainder of the week.

Tomorrow is VA benefits payment day... if the government shuts down, will I still get my VA benefits tomorrow? I sure as shit hope so b/c that check makes my mortgage payment, which is ALSO due tomorrow... as well as my auto insurance. And they're talking about DFAS not cutting our pay checks for last pay period so we get paid on Thursday either... I have other debts due on Thursday, damn it!

I am scared shitless right now... absolutely freaking terrified. I just want to cry b/c I have no control over what's happening (or could) happen to us financially in the next week.

Calling my bank to see if they can see my VA payment yet. They can usually see payroll deposits a day early. I hope VA benefits work the same way...

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Bank says they can no longer see pending deposits. That sucks...

And of course, there's nothing on the VA's website to indicate whether or not we'll get paid, and the phone lines are all tied up so the system hangs up on you after giving you a message to try again later...

I guess my only option is to call Wells Fargo and see if it's too late to stop my autopay... Given the way this whole thing has been working today, my guess is that it's too late...