Page 443 of 551 FirstFirst ... 343393433441442443444445453493543 ... LastLast
Results 4,421 to 4,430 of 5505

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 443

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Ok seriously... October 1 is the start of a new fiscal year for the government, which is supposed to mean a new budget and new money - a year long paycheck if you will... And yet, here we go with potential furloughs AGAIN, starting Tuesday... It might be time again to seek out a new employer... From the General's office:

MEMORANDUM FOR All ASC Employees

SUBJECT: Information to Workforce on Potential Government Shutdown

1. As many of you are aware, annual funding for the government expires 30 September 2013. The Department remains hopeful that a government shutdown will be averted. This is not because of lack of work. No formal DoD or Department of Army guidance has been issued at this time; but, we must begin to make appropriate contingency plans for the orderly shutdown of
    Army Sustainment Command activities.

2. The Command must identify those functions and activities that are exempt and excepted from an emergency shutdown of operations. Exempted activities are those which are not impacted by the pending lapse of appropriations. Excepted activities are those activities which are essential and their performance required for national security reasons or to provide protection of life and property. All HQ Staff Directors and Brigade Commanders are taking action to identify exempt and excepted functions and activities at all subordinate organizations and sites. A limited number of employees performing exempt and excepted activities will not be furloughed. Active Duty military personnel are not subject to furlough in the event of a government emergency
    shutdown. Employees performing exempted functions are not subject to furlough.

3. In the event no budget or Continuing Resolution is passed, nearly all civilian employees will be subject to furlough. Civilian employees paid from current-year appropriations which have lapsed and whose functions support non-exempt and non-excepted activities will be furloughed lAW with Federal procedures. Non-exempt and non-excepted personnel will not be paid while
    on furlough. In past emergency shutdown furloughs, employees were paid retroactively; however, there is no requirement or guarantee that that this will happen again. You should be prepared for this possibility.

4. The Command will continue to share information as it becomes available. Please be assured that the welfare of all employees and families is important to me. Please know and understand that this a National issue. It is not a negative reflection on our mission or our performance. ASC and its employees performed admirably this past summer during the Administrative furlough.
    Although it was a very difficult and challenging time, you continued to support the Warfighter. I want to thank each and every ASC employee in their patience and continued dedication as we face this new period of fiscal uncertainty.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    If you wake up with the gut rumblings, I was just wondering if there was a correlation with what you ate before bed. But eliminating any candida issues might resolve that, if that's what is causing it.
    I guess it could be the applesauce causing issues. The applesauce is relatively new, but it might be too new to be the problem. I've only had fresh applesauce for the last couple of weeks. So maybe that's not the cause, but a potential continued instigator or something.

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    From the General's office: truncated
    You know, the reason I went to work for the government was the feeling of security - knowing that there'd always be work, there'd always be stability and there's no chance of the employer "going out of business"... but it seems the government is so jacked in their checkbook balancing that this is not the case... if the government can go bankrupt, what the hell hope do the rest of us face? How is it I am responsible enough to pay my bills and pay those people who work for me, but they aren't?? This is seriously jacked the hell up.

*sigh* <grumblegrumble>

Oh and this time we don't have any money in savings to offset the loss of pay - should the furlough happen... *f*ckthegovernment*

I know I just said I don't want to work for the government anymore, but that's not accurate. I love working with soldiers... so, I'll likely never leave, as foolish as that might be...

That said, I found a job opportunity that I'm super interested in. It's with another command on post in the Protocol Office. The Protocol Office handles events like ceremonies and balls. They do all the event planning, inviting of dignitaries, greeting dignitaries, set up catering, etc, for large scale, high profile events. Think Army Celebrities. It would come with a rank increase (not pay yet b/c I'm already paid at a rank higher than I hold b/c of "safe pay") and requires a Master's Degree. I assume it's not a highly sought after position b/c it's high stress (think constantly planning weddings for a lot of guests).

We have a gal in our command who came to us from a Protocol Office. I'm asking for her advice, input, feedback about what I should do, what they'll expect on the resume, and all that jazz. I would LOVE this opportunity! It would eventually take me from a GS-09 (starting rank) to a GS-12 (max rank) which is a tremendous increase in pay from where I sit now. But, what I like is that it starts out at a 09 level (which I'm eligible for and NEED in order to get ANYWHERE else on the Island) and it's event planning. I LOVE event planning! I really think it's what I'm made for.

So I'm going to put in for it, unless Brad objects for some reason or another. Now I just need to get my resume up to snuff.

kalli889 is offline Senior Member
    Because I barely believe it...

Attachment 13222
    Congratulations!!!
    My Leptin Reset Journey

F 5'9" | 32 yrs old | small frame | HW: 187 | CW: 177.2 | GW: 135

kalli889 is offline Senior Member
    I know I just said I don't want to work for the government anymore, but that's not accurate. I love working with soldiers... so, I'll likely never leave, as foolish as that might be...

That said, I found a job opportunity that I'm super interested in. It's with another command on post in the Protocol Office. The Protocol Office handles events like ceremonies and balls. They do all the event planning, inviting of dignitaries, greeting dignitaries, set up catering, etc, for large scale, high profile events. Think Army Celebrities. It would come with a rank increase (not pay yet b/c I'm already paid at a rank higher than I hold b/c of "safe pay") and requires a Master's Degree. I assume it's not a highly sought after position b/c it's high stress (think constantly planning weddings for a lot of guests).

We have a gal in our command who came to us from a Protocol Office. I'm asking for her advice, input, feedback about what I should do, what they'll expect on the resume, and all that jazz. I would LOVE this opportunity! It would eventually take me from a GS-09 (starting rank) to a GS-12 (max rank) which is a tremendous increase in pay from where I sit now. But, what I like is that it starts out at a 09 level (which I'm eligible for and NEED in order to get ANYWHERE else on the Island) and it's event planning. I LOVE event planning! I really think it's what I'm made for.

So I'm going to put in for it, unless Brad objects for some reason or another. Now I just need to get my resume up to snuff.
    This sounds like a good fit and a good opportunity! Good luck!
    My Leptin Reset Journey

F 5'9" | 32 yrs old | small frame | HW: 187 | CW: 177.2 | GW: 135

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Go for the job Jenn! If it is something you are good at you will love it.

The gal in our command who used to work for the Protocol office told me to prepare for a lot of late nights, weekend and holidays spent working. I can't imagine there's much of that going on right now with the restrictions on overtime... but she also said that since it's a GS-09 lead 12 job, there will probably be a lot of applicants. Oh well. I'll put in for it anyway. She told me to detail what I did for the wedding and the other events I held - i.e. tracking RSVP's, sending invites, working with caterers, etc. I think I will also include the work I did as a supply sergeant working with caterers to provide food for the soldiers on our drill weekends.

This job will require me to acquire a "little black dress". I'm not a girly girl and the last dress I wore was my wedding dress (wait... there was a bridesmaid's dress in there somewhere too), but this makes me squeeee.

Took my measurements this morning. I am now below 34% body fat, which means I am now in compliance with Army standards. That has not happened since I got pregnant with Brady. Maybe even before that. Pretty stoked about that, but at the same time, it's kind of anticlimatic. Current body fat: 33.82%. The army's system is not without it's flaws, so that may not be completely accurate, but as a measuring tool I've used for a long period of time, it shows a downward trend and that's what I'm most concerned about.

Busy busy weekend again this weekend. All day tomorrow Brady has football games. Sunday afternoon he has one football game, then we're done with football. I'm kind of glad about this. The twice a week practices really throw a curveball into our nights and destroys our routine.

Speaking of routine - FL routines are still jacked. This week has sucked for FL. Since I don't work tomorrow, I fully intend to get through my entire nightly routine tonight and get back on track. Tuesday starts our FL 30 day challenge, and I'm hoping I'll be able to fit the other tasks in each night - i.e. missions, decluttering, etc. Right now I'm good to just get through my routine! And my routine doesn't have much craziness to it.

Unload/load dishwasher/run.
    Wash/dry 1 load laundry
    Fold/put away 1 load laundry
    Make dinner
    Bathe kids
    Pack lunch
    Set out clothes for tomorrow for me and kids
    Gather all things needed for tomorrow (me and kids)
    Swish and swipe bathrooms (x2)
    Clean up after dinner
    Shine sink
    Pick up living room (our major hotspot)
    Sweep kitchen floor
    Take garbage out
    Get meat out for dinner tomorrow

For some reason, this takes me ALL FREAKING NIGHT to do. Maybe I need to start adopting the Well Fed batch cooking/pre-cooking techniques to save time on dinner prep. I bet that would save me about 15-30 minutes each night. We'll see. I need to read the book again and see what the finer details of her batch cooking are.

But FIRST, I need to get back into my routine! Oy!

My morning routine isn't written down, but it goes something like this:

Weigh
    Shower/get dressed for work
    Get kids dressed
    Put the day's food items in lunch bag (I pack it the night before, but put it in the bag in the morning - I wonder if I could do this the night before)

The last two items happen simultaneously... Brady gets himself dressed usually when I'm in the shower (if I have his clothes set out for him). Makenna still needs help getting dressed, but she's usually pretty quick. 5 minutes tops. My morning routine takes somewhere between 45 minutes and an hour.

I took a LONG break from writing this post to update my resume. Just sent it off to the gal who used to work in the Protocol office for her input. I hope she finds it to be up to par so I can submit it for the job. I guess the job listing was only available to people in that command, but they didn't get enough interest so they opened it up to all DoD employees in the commuting area (50 mile radius). I hope that means good things for my chances at the job.

I forgot to mention that there was no gurgly gut this morning, but I also had a BM this morning (after my shower... figures. Can't step on the scale after a shower! Hair weighs too much when wet!). A cross between a 3 and 4 on the bristol scale. No substantial... definitely wasn't a total gut clearing... Did not eat applesauce last night. Connection? or just correlation? Or could it be that my gut has finally caught up with my Whole30? Or, has the diflucan wiped out the infection??? or, have the probiotics finally started to work??? Who knows...