Page 432 of 593 FirstFirst ... 332382422430431432433434442482532 ... LastLast
Results 4,311 to 4,320 of 5927

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 432

tomi is offline Senior Member
    happy 1/2 work day! too bad you have to go to the dentist though, I don't go unless I have a problem. I don't need cleanings because I floss and use a really good toothpaste (Melaleuca) and mouthwash (Listerine 4X whitening) so I don't get tartar build up. Plus, no dental insurance

Hope your dad is feeling better today.

the 21 DSD is a good idea if you're thinking you have an overgrowth -- maybe you should dive right in instead of waiting cuz the longer you wait the worse it will get. Maybe you can can the peaches and plums?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Since my insurance pays 100% for cleanings, I go and I drag my kids and husband along to develop healthy habits in them. I'm paying for the insurance, might as well use it. Going to the dentist used to cause me great anxiety but then I found a really good dentist and he did a lot of work on me, and bc of him, I no longer freak out. So it's not too bad now. Trying to keep my kids from ever experiencing that anxiety by making sure they go regularly too. Plus, Brady has lost two teeth and they make a big celebratory deal out of losing teeth. It should be a pretty decent time... oh and it's Kenna's first appt.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Looking at cars and came to the realization/made the decision that an Edge is not in our immediate future, which makes me very sad, but I've moved on to looking at Fusions to replace my current Fusion. Actually, Brad plans to drive my current Fusion, so the new Fusion would replace the Stratus R/T... anywho, I was looking at Fusions. I do NOT like the new body style. I hate the catfish mouth looking grill, so I bumped back a couple of years to the 2012's. There are 2012's out there with fewer than 25,000 miles on them with price tags under $20k. That's in our ballpark, and the mileage is great, and the cars are beautiful, so I'm on it. Researching now trying to find one with all the features I want. I told Brad that if I can't have the car I want, I will at least have the features I want, to include a spoiler - no spoiler is a deal breaker. It's silly, I know, but I want what I want and since I'll be driving it for a number of years, I will have the features I want. I found one with a black grill... omg sexy!! I emailed the sellers. Bank says we can get decent financing, so we'll see what happens. Gotta crunch the numbers to see what we can do.

I just gotta whoa myself down b/c I get excited when I car shop and think I need the car right now... but truth be told, 2012 Fusions are a dime a dozen. They're all over the place... but there is that one I found - with the black grill... oy, that thing is sexy! and I don't want to let it get away... but really? Would it be a big deal if it did? No.

So, just gotta simmer down and take a good look at our numbers, maybe see if there's a way to pay off something other than a credit card first to free up the money that would need to go toward a car payment... lots of things to look at.

I might call my credit union and see if they'll give me a loan to pay off one of the credit cards. The credit union has a better interest rate which will allow me to pay it off a bit sooner. Something to consider anyway. Gotta always be looking for those money saving opportunities.
    Last edited by jenn26point2; 09-18-2013 at 10:02 AM.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Hulky hates spoilers haha, I think they're pretty useless so they don't have any appeal to me. I like being able to put stuff on the trunk from time to time. We're hoping to get a 2010-2013 Civic next year with the same idea in terms of mileage & price range. As long as the car payments don't increase at all, it'll be worth it, but we have to pay off this one first.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Jenn...have you considered going to your credit union for a car loan? They will usually give you a better interest rate. Ours actually has a deal with several area dealerships that will give you a great deal. Hubby just bought a new truck & we financed thru the c.u. But then we always finance everything thru them, they go longer on a note than banks & other places will. Not to mention the better interest. Just a thought.
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

I bank with a credit union so yeah, already considered that.

And the initial look at our budget shows that we can do a car payment of this magnitude ($300 a month, roughly). It'll push our debt payoff back by a few months, but to be honest, that was so aggressive in order to afford a car that it was very difficult to live with. We want to live a little more comfortably, so I think we'll end up redoing our budget, looking at where we can cut back, and all that to save money. It would be so nice to get rid of all of our debt like RIGHT NOW, but it's done nothing but stress me right the hell off for quite a while, so maybe going back to just making minimum payments and relaxing a bit will be warranted. Just to ease our marriage strain and ease my stress a bit. Maybe Gazelle like pace is not right for me.

That being said, I don't want it to take forever to pay off our debts either. I'm really bugged by this. What to do, what to do. *sigh*

Ok... hahaha... I was pretty well sold on the one car until Brad got involved... now I'm interested in a different car. If you're interested, here it is: 2011 Ford Fusion 4 Door Sedan - Used Vehicle Details at West Branch Ford - Your West Branch, Iowa Ford dealer

I have determined through trial and error the last couple of days that almonds and I do not get along anymore... more specifically, raw almonds. Roasted seem to be relatively ok, only mild digestive reaction... but raw almonds... yeah, the ol' gut doesn't like those. That said, they work very well for constipation...

I've been giving some thought to the FlyLady Whole30 and think we should use the rest of this month to create our routines and zone lists and maybe practice them a bit - to make sure what we're requiring of ourselves isn't too much, etc. I also recommend we all spend the rest of the month at least shining our sinks and swishing/swiping our bathrooms.

Once October 1 comes along, I think we should jump right in on our routines and zone projects and see what we can get done in 30 days. I bet we can make some serious headway in our homes in 30 days.

I think once we're comfortable with our current routines and zones, then we can move into the daily missions. Sadly, I think this is mostly geared toward those who are SAHM's and not working professionals who spend most of their day away from home, but I have made significant improvements in my house since the FlyLady and I have become reacquainted. My kitchen is consistently clean (I don't have to do dishes and/or clear a counter/sink before cooking) and my laundry is all folded and put away (typically, I have 6 full baskets of laundry cluttering my dining room). The living room is in a tidier state and I'm a happier person. More relaxed b/c my house appears cleaner. It's been nice, so I'm super excited to continue with a 30 day challenge to really ingrain those habits.

Last I heard, PrimalCajun, NaiadKnight and Pebbles were joining me. Anyone else?

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I think officially starting on oct.1st is a good plan.