Page 425 of 553 FirstFirst ... 325375415423424425426427435475525 ... LastLast
Results 4,241 to 4,250 of 5527

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 425

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I found a FlyLady like app on Android. It's called "FlyHelper" and is based on the FlyLady practices. Kind of cool! I'm stoked. Now I can get rid of that big binder that I used to keep track of my "routines" and plug them into my phone. Yep! One less piece of "clutter" in my home.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Doubtful. He's never sat down and looked at the bills and who they "belong" to by name. They're just "our" debts. But if he were to sit down and see what the debts are and who they actually belong to, I think he'd be shocked.
    Jenn, things differ state to state but my understanding is- debt acquired during a marriage is considered marital debt. So, just because the debt is not in your name, it doesn't mean you wouldn't be responsible for at least part of it if your marriage ends.

A divorce/family law attorney could let you know the rules in your state, just in case.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Thanks for the tip on the flylady app. Maybe we should do a Flylady Whole30. Lol, don't kill me Jenn.

Paula, GREAT IDEA!!!

marcadav, with my sister's divorce, they were split by 'ownership'. I.e. he paid his credit card and student loans and she kept her credit card eventhough it was all marital debt.

Now, I'm not planning divorce. It was just a point my stepmom made. I have zero interest in breaking up my family. I would just like for him to realize that while it takes two people to screw up family finances, he makes it very hard to make progress with his loosey goosey spending. That being said, I need to learn how to stand up to him and tell him no.
    Last edited by jenn26point2; 09-09-2013 at 03:32 PM.

And not to change the subject or anything, but...

Hi. I'm Jenn and ever since paleo, my period starts with ZERO warning. *sigh*

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Jenn I had to laugh at that...sorry. I'm 58 years old & pushing 59...& while ago when I went to the bathroom there was a tinge of pink on the the tp!! So talk about starting with no notice!! It's been 5 years for me!!! Seriously...wtf? lol. If this is what a whole30 does to you then forrrrgettttaboutttittt!! I'll go off it so fast it'll make your head spin!! lol

On the other points...I admire you for trying to keep your family together. I'm gonna put it out to the universe to help you find a solution. More hugs.
    SW-211
    CW-209

Goal: Don't worry be happy!

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    Hi! Popping in to catch up and wow lots has happened. I love the marathon pics. You are amazing! And just had to say I love Luke Bryan too! That is one sexy man and I don't say that about a whole lot of men but mmm mmm

Saying hey to everyone else too..I am coming back. Been getting fatter and more miserable and that is just plain dumb....Looking forward to catching up!
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

I got a letter in the mail a few weeks ago from the VA. Usually I will open these and at least make sure I'm still in good standing with the VA. Most of the letters I get pertain to my mortgage and can be ignored as they're just info letters, not requests for action.

Anyhow, I opened this one and read it and then set it aside with the intent of calling about it. It was about health insurance coverage and the Affordable Care Act. So I just called and learned that because of my 50% disability rating, I am considered "Priority 1", which gives me free health care at any VA facility. If I climb a ladder and break my arm, free repairs at the VA. If I need a pap-smear, it's free at the VA (but with the ACA, it'll also be free everywhere else as long as I have insurance). My rating provides the insurance premium free, co-pay free, and prescription cost free, as long as I go to a VA clinic or another clinic approved by the VA (like if the nearest VA facility was too far away, I could go to a regular doctor with prior authorization and what not).

Anyhow, i wonder how this impacts my insurance requirements to remain on Brad's insurance. To remain on his policy, I have to also hold my own if one is offered to me by my employer. One is, so I have my own insurance, but also use his as secondary. His family policy includes a spouse and one child for the same price as a spouse and two children, or three children, etc. So, TECHNICALLY, he insures the kids and I'm tossed in for free, so pulling me off his coverage when I got this job did not benefit us financially, so we left it the way it was. BUT, if I didn't carry my own policy from my employer, my inclusion on his policy would cost us an additional $250 a month... yikes.

I wonder if this VA policy would satisfy that requirement to avoid that $250 fee... I should call and find out. If it does, then I'll ditch my work insurace, save the money each month, and use his for my chiro appts and then use the VA insurance if I get sick... That would help tremendously... something to seriously consider.

Trying to decide if I want to go to the gym or not. I was considering lifting again starting today, but I feel like I can't give it my whole focus since I'm still in training/maintaining for the remaining half marathons, and I like to give things my whole focus or not do anything with them at all. That and I feel kind of lazy today. Maybe some Vitamin D therapy will be enough - take a walk and call it good. I just don't feel like doing legs and having sore legs tomorrow when I run... or doing upper body stuff and having a sore upper body when I run tomorrow. I don't know what I want to do... *sigh* it doesn't help that TOM is here and I'm having some mild cramps - and I'm hungry so I want to eat. My two eggs didn't last very long.

Screw it... I'm eating lunch and not taking a walk or lifting or anything right now. Brady has flag football practice tonight so maybe I can walk a walk during that.

My gut is very unhappy today. Not sure if it's Shark Week related or related to "other gut processes"... Thinking about making a stop at the pharmacy on the way home b/c I eat all the right foods (high fiber and what not - been eating a lot of summer fruits like watermelon, plums and peaches. Maybe I need some KE tea... I think I'll have some tea. That always seems to help.

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Could be just stress Jenn. You've been dealing with a lot.
    SW-211
    CW-209

Goal: Don't worry be happy!