Page 421 of 590 FirstFirst ... 321371411419420421422423431471521 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,210 of 5892

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 421

kalli889 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    <3 Get it out. You'll find your own wisdom when you fully feel your feelings. <3
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
    Goal BF%: 20-23

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Poor Jenn. I can totally relate about being poor! About 8 years ago hubby got a pink slip from a company he worked for for over 20 years...had to take a job making less than half of what he made before. Not a lot of job opportunities in the small area that we live. His age was/is against him...& no college. We get by, but that's it. Not much left after the bills are paid. My van is on its last legs & when it craters that's it. I live 23 miles out in the country from town...so I won't be walking anywhere!! lol. I too get really discouraged & down sometimes. I could go on about not having any ins or retirement...but this is your journal & don't want to bore your readers!

I just wanted you to know that I feel your pain. Come over to my journal if you want to & we can share our woes! lol.

Chin up sweetie, it'll get better!! Your body make be throwing off some toxins & making you feel bad. Tomorrow is new day!
    ((((Hugs))))
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I keep trying to find a solution to our financial issue and it never works. The only thing I can think of now is separate checking accounts - then our own individual "I have no money" issues are our own problem and caused by our own doing - not the other's. BUT, when it comes down to it, I bring in more than Brad does and he'd never survive b/c the bulk of our debts are in his name - his truck, his race car, his credit card, his trailer, his boat... I have my credit card. The rest are "joint" - house, insurance, etc.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

And that's only the financial issues... there are a ton of other issues that would take HOURS of counseling to work through and I'm not sure it would work. I'm afraid that the first session would leave us so angry with each other that we'd never make it.

Life is a mess right now.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I feel ya. I need $500 for an insurance deductible for the car. Stupid effing bumper. It's my fault, too, but since we just moved and all... No savings.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

hhmmm Jenn...we have two accounts...one is his & he gets an "allowance" that i transfer into his acct each payday.That is for whatever he needs...oil for his truck...stuff for the yard...if he eats out at work...whatever. The other acct is our "household" acct & he doesn't have a checkbook for it...we only have the one that I carry...& he doesn't even have a debit card for that account. That account is strictly for paying the bills & groceries. If there is a little left over & I need something then I will tap it...but not very often. Cause we live absolutely paycheck to paycheck. I generally have more month than money! lol. Anyways, he knows that & always stays "in his budget". I have trimmed the household budget as much as I can...cancelled the movie channels...trimmed the cell phone bill...even trimmed the grocery budget...which is hard cause we all know how much groceries keep going up! I gripe when someone leaves lights on...keep my thermostat at 76 yada yada yada. lol.

So the two account thing might work for you, if he stays out of the other account. My mom & her husband have the same thing...he has his account that his retirement check goes into & his paycheck goes into moms acct. (the company forced him into an early retirement & he now works for another company.). Yeah I know what you mean about being single. Sometimes I think it would be easier, sure would be easier being on a diet! But I don't have problems with my marriage...just a few of my in laws. 😉

I hope you can work it out. Vent away when you need to!! It helps. And it's your journal!!

Brad says that I never accept his solutions so I told him to find a solution and I'd let him have at it. I'm done. I don't want control of the damn checkbook anymore. I hope he takes it. And I hope he develops a "chore list"... and all the shit better not be on my side!

That said I'm going to dig out my Fly Lady binder and review her site tonight. It's time to make her system work.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Oh Jenn, I live in the same world. I hate that when I need support the most, like right now, he gets pissed at me. Being the person in charge of everything sucks.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Jenn - I think letting brad take over is absolutely the right thing to do -- step away and let him handle it ALL! If he screws up - then he can't blame anyone but himself. On the other hand -- maybe he can figure it out and get things in order? One thing for sure - it would take the pressure and responsibility OFF you. You need a break, and brad needs to step up and help out.

It would be really hard cuz its always been on your shoulders - but if truly let it go - and give it all over to brad - you'll be able to relax and trust him to handle things.

Hope things get worked out soon. {hugs}
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

I agree with tomi. And this is out of my area. I've been married for 39 years, & have been blessed with a great relationship. We have a few minor ups & downs (mostly about his mother). I almost feel guilty that I don't have problems like some of you poor girls. My heart hurts for you. The only advice I could give is communication communication communication. If you can't talk it out & try to work it out together it ain't gonna work. Marriage is a partnership. It takes two people willing to work at making it work, in all areas. Since I'm older than most of you guys, I'm old school & old fashioned. So I'll leave it to ya'll & just offer my ((((hugs)))) & a listening ear.