Page 420 of 593 FirstFirst ... 320370410418419420421422430470520 ... LastLast
Results 4,191 to 4,200 of 5927

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 420

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I do intend to add something along the lines of "recipe adapted from"...& name the source. Unless its mine of course. But I think since its only going out to the people that submit recipes there shouldn't be a problem.

I did hear back from Brooks & I'm in! I'm excited! Can't wait to see what we get back!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Sounds good then, thanks
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    So we all know they're cracking down on sexual harassment and sexual assault in the Army, right (remember hot office guy and his issues?)? Well, part of that was the mandatory viewing of the movie "The Invisible War", which, for lack of a better word, is an expose that exposes the prevalence of sexual assault in the Armed Forces. It illustrates that recently there were over 3,000 allegations and only 175 were convicted and prosecuted, the rest dismissed for various reasons - all bogus bullshit reasons. It highlights something like 10 victims and their experiences and how it was handled. One gal, Ariana, I'll never forget simply b/c of her husband. He was so torn up over her assault that he broke down crying on camera - uncontrollable, terrible pain - recounting the events of his wife's attempted suicide as a result of her assault. He said no one will ever forget the time they have 911 on the phone in one hand while trying to stop their wife from killing herself with their other. One girl said she wrote her suicide letter (even read it for the movie) and said the only thing that stopped her was finding out she was pregnant. You could see the pain on her husband's face too. She has permanent damage to her face as a result of her assault but the VA determined that it was not caused by a service connected event and as such won't award her disability for it or pay for the surgeries to repair it. Additionally, the depression and anxiety and PTSD she's got as a result they determined was not service connected and would not rate, and ultimately said she did not have enough active duty time to qualify for disability payments... seriously? I got 50% disability b/c I got post partum depression with panic attacks and she can't get disability b/c some fuckwad raped her and screwed her up permanently??? WTF??

It definitely gave a completely different perspective to the typical rape prevention training session - which normally highlights what it does to the victims, but this one went as far as illustrating what it does to the spouses and children. One gal was in a partnership with another female who had 3 kids. One of the three kids was an 11 year old boy who took it upon himself to do everything he could to protect his stepmom. She suffers from PTSD and he's the one who is always right there telling her everything will be ok, that she's safe now, etc.

It was a very sobering video. Sobering for three reasons - 1. I didn't realize rape was such an epidemic in the Armed Forces, and 2. I once felt as comfortable with the guys I served with as these girls did, even considering them brothers and believing that they'd always be there to protect me, just like these girls thought. 3rd, it brought to light that most offenders are still serving, so it's got me questioning the integrity of all the soldiers around me. I look at them and think "could they be a secret assailant?" and then think there's no possible way for XYZ reasons, but in reality they really could be! If only 175 are prosecuted and convicted, they most certainly could be part of that remaining 3000 that were swept under the rug!

It has made me second guess whether I will ever permit my kids to join the Armed Forces. It was really scary to see that movie.

**And before anyone asks, yes, they talked about men being assaulted too. There was only one man who would speak publicly about it and hid it from everyone for 30 years. The pain on his wife's face when she talked about when he told her was real and cuts like a knife.

[rant] The BEST part was when the girls in the video joined a law suit against the government that claimed the government violated their constitutional rights by not protecting them from rape, not acting in light of being told of the rapes, etc, etc, etc. The case was dismissed in 2011 stating that rape is an "occupationa hazard in the military". THE FUCK IT IS! SHRAPNEL, MORTAR BLASTS AND BULLET WOUNDS are an occupational hazard - NOT rape. THAT pissed me right the hell off. [/rant]

It's a real movie - available for viewing by the public. I've seen it at Amazon.com available for streaming. It's called "The Invisible War". www.invisiblewar.org

Upon further research, I see the video has been aired on PBS and is still being aired periodically. Check your local listings.

Most of all, it made me want to do something.
    Last edited by jenn26point2; 09-05-2013 at 02:16 PM.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Thank you for doing this post, Jenn. This is very important to me as well considering that I am a mom to three young women who are at the life choices stage.
    Georgette

kalli889 is offline Senior Member
    It's also available on Netflix. I watched it a few months ago -- pretty powerful stuff.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
    Goal BF%: 20-23

Good morning... I woke up in a mood this morning. I imagine it's detox related. Thanks Whole30.

But my mood peaked when I checked my email and saw the number of donations I got for my St. Jude account overnight. I was able to raise $100 overnight! Woot woot!! I put a post on FB that said "Hey guys, I have x number of dollars left to raise for St. Jude. If x number of friends donate $5, I'll be able to cross that finish line". The donations started rolling in! I'm now down to $65 to reach my goal, and in case you're curious, that's only 13 $5 donations. I'm confident that I'll finish by the end of the weekend.

Whole30 Day 5. Doing well. No cravings for sugary stuff I shouldn't have. Mostly just craving fruit.

8 mile run planned for tomorrow. It's going to be freaking hot tomorrow too. I hope I can drag my lazy bum out of bed early so I can knock it out before the heat moves in. Ugh.

Party at my sister's new boyfriend's house tomorrow night. He's having an "end of summer" party (I guess it's a yearly thing) with a bon fire, massive amounts of cooked meat and potluck side dishes. I'm bringing deviled eggs. I guess we're also celebrating my dad's birthday at the same time. My sister ordered a fire truck cake for him. lol He's 55 years old and she ordered him a fire truck cake. smh and lol He'll get a chuckle out of it.

Weight is still up 3 lbs from my lowest. Hoping they'll shed soon.

Woot woot! Down to $45 away from goal! YEAH! Almost done.

Foul mood is back... have I mentioned lately how much I *LOVE* being broke?

At this rate, my car will break down and I'll have to walk to work before we will be able to afford for me to get a different one. We're never going to get out of debt. I give up. I quit. I'm done.

So frustrated I could cry.
    Last edited by jenn26point2; 09-06-2013 at 09:58 AM.

I'm in a piss poor mood. I really wish someone else would take responsibility once in a while. I can't be the one to do every effing thing that needs to be done. So freaking tired of this shit. Somedays, singledom looks soooo appealing. I mean, if I'm going to be the one to handle everything, what the hell do I even have a husband for?? UGH!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm just venting so no response is necessary.

here are the things I have to find the money for that we don't have the money for...

Brakes for my car ($100)
    Oil change for my car ($30)
    Oil change for Brad's truck ($100)
    Oil change for Brad's car ($30)
    School pics for both kids ($92)
    Clothes that FIT my kids (who f*cking knows)
    Shoes for Makenna ($20)
    Dentist bill ($40)
    Lunch for Brady ($20)
    Chiro bill ($100)
    A fucking race car I didn't want to buy ($3,800)

My house is a god damned pig sty and Brad's idea of cleaning the house is sitting on his ass on the couch playing angry birds on his phone while yelling at the kids to pick up their toys.

I have 7 laundry baskets of clothes scattered all over my dining floor getting coated in fucking dog hair b/c I'm apparently the ONLY person who can do anything about it.

I can't see my kitchen counters through all the shit stacked on them.

I don't even want to go home. Ever.

It's pretty sad when you go to work to escape...

Ok, now I'm crying. Going for a walk.