Page 419 of 593 FirstFirst ... 319369409417418419420421429469519 ... LastLast
Results 4,181 to 4,190 of 5927

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 419

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    So I'm still so freaking high over this half marathon on Sunday. I'm super stoked for the race on the 22nd. The BEST part of this whole experience is how awesome my body still feels after the race. Seriously, in previous races, I'd limp around for an entire week before the soreness, irritated injuries, etc, would lessen. This time there's literally NO PAIN! My muscles feel amazing! My joints are happy! Even my FEET are happier! I really expected some backlash from my feet but they feel really good! And the stiffness I was getting so used to is reduced. I got out of bed this morning and didn't feel like I was walking on stone feet/ankles. I got out of my car and could walk immediately!

Granted this improvement in my feet is probably related to the Whole30, but I'm only on Day 4 so I don't think that's entirely it. I think I just FINALLY got over that 'injury' I had. Things seem to be working so much better. I guess it could also be the supplements. I started taking MSM at PrimalCajun's suggestion (3000 mg daily) and tumeric (curcumin) based off of something I read online reference inflammation (95 mg daily), in addition to my cod liver oil. But I'm not consistent with the supplements - M-F is my only consistency there.

I'm feeling pretty amped up today - jittery and anxious - like I just ate a pound of sugar. Not sure what that's about. The only sugar I've had today came from a peach and some grapes.

OH HEY! I ran across this thing called the Paleo Project. A guy named Brooks did a Whole30 and found that being prepared was the hardest part. Not knowing what to make for dinner, not having the supplies necessary to make dinner, etc, so he thought "how cool would it be to have a meal plan for every single day of the year?" Enter the Paleo Project. He's looking for 52 people to volunteer 7 dinner recipes and 2 breakfast recipes to be compiled in a collection, that he will then share with all 52 participants. You'd get an entire year of recipes for FREE! No more thinking, just do. With the collection comes a shopping list for each week. So for instance, my 9 recipes (7 dinners, 2 breakfasts) would include a shopping list for all the things you'd need to make the recipes I submitted for that week. TOTALLY COOL! The best part is that the recipes don't have to be ORIGINAL recipes, you can totally steal your faves from the web, cookbooks, blogs, wherever b/c there's no legalities behind it b/c the collection is FREE! It'd be like a recipe swap among friends.

I'm IN! I'm working on my recipes now. Here's the link if you wanna jump on board: Paleo Project | Intrepid Pioneer

The deadline on the blog says 1 September, but he hasn't gotten much of a response from people, so he's extending it until he reaches his 52 people, or enough people to make it worth his time. I think this is an AWESOME idea and think everyone here should jump on board - especially those who struggle with sticking to Primal/Paleo. Someone else did the hard work for you, all you have to do is cook what they suggest. It'll create variety, simplicity and introduce us to so many new things, recipes, foods. DO IT!!!!

Last edited by jenn26point2; 09-04-2013 at 08:49 AM.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Quote Originally Posted by mfultz0429 View Post
    I have enjoyed your journal. Good to see someone has journaled for as long as you have. How is the Whole 30 going? I'm on Day 17. I started reading this in preparation for when the W30 is done.
    Welcome! I hope you don't follow in my Post-whole30 footsteps... i tend to throw it all away when the whole30 is over. lol Glad you enjoyed my whining and ranting. So far, Day 4 and I'm doing well.

Goldie is online now Senior Member
    Jenn, it's totally cool how you feel so great after your half marathon! I am sitting here smiling on your behalf!

Got my 9 recipes compiled. Only like 3 are originals, rest are "adapted" or "stolen" from various sites on the interwebz. Just copying and pasting them and verifying the instructions made sense got me excited to make dinner/breakfast!

I can't encourage you all enough to join in on this. It really doesn't take that long to grab up 9 recipes. And the benefits will be awesome when you can just open a pdf file and know what is on tap for the week without any planning! I'm so excited!

Now to make the shopping list.

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    I'm in! Going there now to sign up!! Sounds like an awesome idea. I agree with him... Being prepared ahead & having the things you need is the key I think...to doing the whole30 & beyond. I think thats what got me last year...not having some simple tasty recipes to go to. I was trying to work around hubby's eating...he's not primal at all! This time he's gonna have to work around me...whether he knows it or not! lol. Thanks for the link Jenn!!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Quote Originally Posted by theprimalcajun View Post
    I'm in! Going there now to sign up!! Sounds like an awesome idea. I agree with him... Being prepared ahead & having the things you need is the key I think...to doing the whole30 & beyond. I think thats what got me last year...not having some simple tasty recipes to go to. I was trying to work around hubby's eating...he's not primal at all! This time he's gonna have to work around me...whether he knows it or not! lol. Thanks for the link Jenn!!
    That's so exciting! The recipes I submitted where hubby approved. I just got it all done and sent in. I'm so excited to have a full year of recipes and shopping lists and NOT HAVING TO THINK anymore!

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    I've sent him my email & haven't heard back yet. I'm working on my recipes now. I want to get them to him as soon as possible if there's still room for me. I'm actually working on making me a primal recipe book...with the recipes I want to try from nom nom paleo...from Whole9...& from wherever else I find some & now from the project! My criteria is "keep it simple"!!! lol. I don't mind occasionally whipping up a little more complicated something. But I'm also going to be cooking separately most of the time, so simple is the way to go for me!

I'm so glad you found the paleo project! Can't wait to see it when it's completed!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Jenn, when you submit recipes to this person that were taken from other blogs, is due credit given to those blogs/bloggers? Some bloggers put a lot of work and effort in developping recipes and updating their blog. The traffic on their blog usually helps them a little bit financially (although I understand it's not much). Of course if people receive the recipes for free on another site/by mail this will mean reduced traffic on the blogs these recipes come from.

A better way would be if this person send out links to the recipes, directing people to the blogs directly. Or to add due credit (with a link to the blog) to the recipes, so that people are still directed to the original blogs.

From my perspective as a 'food blogger' I would be honored if my recipes are liked so much that people feel the need to share the recipe. But as I put quite some of my free time in my blog (and I don't even earn a cent with mine, because I refuse to put publicity on my blog) it would sadden me if my recipe were just shared, without reference to me or my blog. It's not because something,is available on the internet that it's 'free to steel it'.
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Quote Originally Posted by Candy in Wonderland View Post
    Jenn, when you submit recipes to this person that were taken from other blogs, is due credit given to those blogs/bloggers? Some bloggers put a lot of work and effort in developping recipes and updating their blog. The traffic on their blog usually helps them a little bit financially (although I understand it's not much). Of course if people receive the recipes for free on another site/by mail this will mean reduced traffic on the blogs these recipes come from.

A better way would be if this person send out links to the recipes, directing people to the blogs directly. Or to add due credit (with a link to the blog) to the recipes, so that people are still directed to the original blogs.

From my perspective as a 'food blogger' I would be honored if my recipes are liked so much that people feel the need to share the recipe. But as I put quite some of my free time in my blog (and I don't even earn a cent with mine, because I refuse to put publicity on my blog) it would sadden me if my recipe were just shared, without reference to me or my blog. It's not because something,is available on the internet that it's 'free to steel it'.
    For each of the recipes I "stole", "borrowed" or "adapted", I put a tag line at the bottom of the page that said "This recipes was stolen/adapted from [enter web address here]" or I said "Reciped adapted from the original recipe found in [enter title and author of book here]" as I took two recipes from Eating for Life by Bill Phillips and "paleo-ized" them (swapping coconut aminos for soy sauce, adding sesame sauce as a "dressing" instead of using it as a cooking oil, etc). I also took recipes from Everyday Paleo, Primal Palate, and MDA. I will ask the "author" if he's considering your concerns. He is NOT using pictures, so no photo copyrights will be violated.

I think the intent of the project was to make it EASIER for paleo eaters to live paleo - therefore a page of links would be complicated and, in my opinion, annoying, really. This is a nice idea to me b/c it includes the recipes for one whole week, plus the shopping list for one whole week. Just grab a week and go shopping, come home, cook. No thinking, planning, prepping, etc, which is the point - and it's designed to help beginners ease in.

I will definitely ask that he request links/credit for non-original ideas.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Candy, this is what I got back from Brooks when I asked about "credit" being given to those who inspired a recipe or had their recipe taken:

Hi Jenn,

Yeah that totally makes sense, if it's included I will absolutely site the source in the final pdf.

Again, though, for those bloggers whose recipes are being used, I am only sending this out to a max of 52 people. I'm not sure my little project will affect their web traffic. If you participated you will receive a copy of the final pdf. I'm not going to post it on my blog or freely distribute it. Of course I can't guarantee what any of the other 52 people do with it, but when I send it out I can state that its for their use only and that they shouldn't distribute it.

I also am going to lock the pdf with some security measures so the content cannot be copy/pasted, etc.

I don't want to cheat anyone of their intellectual property as this is a small time personal project that will have a very minor distribution. If anyone else reaches out to you about it, you can just let them know that. I sincerely hope this helps resolve some of those issues within the blogger / recipe developer community. I"m not trying to take away from their livelihood.

Respectfully,

Brooks