Page 415 of 590 FirstFirst ... 315365405413414415416417425465515 ... LastLast
Results 4,141 to 4,150 of 5892

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 415

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Ragey morning thanks to a dog crapping on my living room carpet - the one with IBS. Instead of showering at 6:30, I was shampooing carpet. Threw the dog out of the house while I cleaned up the mess and he took that as an open invitation to swim in the creek out back and come back sopping wet. I was an hour late for work and have to burn up some leave b/c of that effing dog. Needless to say, I do not like my dog today.

Over-indulged in sugar as a result of my seething anger.

Luke Bryan perked my mood up when the radio played one of my favorite songs. Rolled the window down and jammed out.

Sugar is wearing off and now I'm feeling a little sober. Hoping I can hear the best song on earth again here real soon to boost me back up.

Moral of the story - I survived and so did the dog (barely).
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Hoping I can hear the best song on earth again here real soon to boost me back up.
    Ask and you shall receive! Jammin' at my desk. Wish I could put the song on repeat! Perfect date night as far as I'm concerned.

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Yikes. Dog disasters.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

tomi is offline Senior Member
    If my dog was continually peeing and pooping in my house I would make him stay outside.

I think I have finally broke Zeus of peeing in the house But I have to stay on top of it - if he goes upstairs I follow and tell him to get downstairs. When we leave the house - he's put in the laundry room with access to garage. I have found a powder carpet deodorizer sprinkled in the habitual pee spots in the garage has stopped him from peeing. I get it at the dollar store. He doesn't poop in the house or garage. A dog kennel might be needed to break them from using the house as a potty.

What about going back to basic puppy housebreaking practices? Take them outside every hour and don't let them back into they pee/poop -- then lots of praise and a treat! If they mess in the house - they get a severe reprimand and put outside with a stern "NO POOPING in the HOUSE" Zeus knows what I mean when I catch him upstairs and I ask "DID YOU PEE?" he drops his head cuz he's got the picture that peeing in the house is a bad thing! When I see him pee or poop in the yard I always tell him GOOD BOY!

With dogs is all about positive/negative rewards.

Sorta like people.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

He had just been out an hour before. Brad let him out before he left for work. The dog did this before I got out of bed. Brad said he watched him and he pooped.

I finally broke them of pooping/peeing in the hallway - I guess rubbing Cooper's nose in it was message enough for both dogs.

Trust me, I want them out of my house, but it's not just my call. It's 97 degrees outside today so I can't, in good conscious, leave them out. They don't have proper shade or proper cooling facilities. That is supposedly getting remedied next week. Brad and his dad are supposed to be building a lean-to extension onto the shed in the backyard that will cover the kennel and provide shade. We also have 3 young trees surrounding the kennel, but they don't produce much shade yet. They have a pool, but one dog pees in it every chance he gets so then neither of them will wade in it. They're just stupid, disgusting animals. I'm ready to just have cats... At least she ALWAYS goes in her litter box. If I could train her to puke her hairballs into the box we'd be set, but at least for the time being, she does that on the basement floor - concrete and easy to clean up.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    If you teach the kids to help brush the cat a couple times a week and, if you can, switch to grain-free kibble/canned food, I bet the hairballs will decrease significantly.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

They're very infrequent, unless she's hiding them and we haven't discovered them yet. Only found maybe 3 in the 2 years we've had her.

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Our two Golden Retrievers have a dog door, so they can go in and out to a securely fenced run as they please! That also makes the mine sweeping a bit easier, they both do their business in one corner of the run (it's a pretty big run).

But it must be doggie travails day. Our younger Golden woke us up at 4am, barfing. Two of three spots on the tile floor, at least, and Sweetie cleaned the spot on the carpet. I have a good Sweetie!

My Sweetie was at work... Our yard is not fenced - it's too large to feasibly manage this without taking out a large loan and we live in town so we can't just let them run. Ours go out back to the conservation ground to poop, and we can't legal fence that in either. The problem is that they've gotten out of the habit of letting us know they have to go out when we're sleeping. We wake up to the messes most of the time. Very frustrating.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Have you considered kenneling them during the night so they aren't free to roam and poop?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.