Page 414 of 557 FirstFirst ... 314364404412413414415416424464514 ... LastLast
Results 4,131 to 4,140 of 5569

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 414

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Jenn...you live on an island? Did I miss something along the way?
    SW-211
    CW-209

Goal: Don't worry be happy!

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by theprimalcajun View Post
    Jenn...you live on an island? Did I miss something along the way?
    I work on an island in the middle of the Mississippi River that was "procured" by the US Army way back in the 1800's and turned into an Arsenal. Here's a pic:

island.jpg

The river is up in this picture, evident by the pool at the bottom of the pic. That pool is usually dry, but fills up with water when the rivers is flooded. Pelicans like it in the summer and bald eagles like it in the winter. Now that the river is down, the pool is a sea of green grass.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

That's very kewl! Love the mighty mississip! So much history to it. Especially in Louisiana...of which I have a special fondness! 😉
    SW-211
    CW-209

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Bald eagles! So cool.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

My boss (boss #2) is pretty awesome. When she came in this morning she handed me a stack of papers and said "I got something for you at the gym today". It was a bunch of info on half marathon training and speed improvement drills. She's so cool.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Sounds like new boss is going to be a big improvement in the work environment!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

No, this is the old female boss who was here before. The Deputy. New boss is still "iffy" on the relationship side. He's more task oriented than relationship oriented. Boss #2, the female, has a pretty good mix of both. She's only recently taken an interest in me since the old Boss #1 (the previous COL) left. Things are definitely different around here. Her relationship with the new boss sucks, but our relationship seems to be improving. It's different and a bit weird. But sometimes different is good.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Oh yes - now I remember. The male boss left and a new male boss entered. Sorry.......... sometimes I don't pay attention closely enough!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

No worries.

Ran over lunch again today per my training schedule. Last scheduled run prior to the half on Sunday. It. Was. AWESOME! 12 degrees cooler today than yesterday which made all the difference. Yesterday sucked ass. Today was fantastic! I hope Sunday is just as fantastic! I just need to get myself into a good mental space before the run - get excited, stay positive, and enjoy the experience. If I keep my brain in a happy place, I'll make my goal. When I get into a negative head space, I run slow and take too many breaks. So, Positive Penny is what I need to be.

I'll be meeting three "friends" there. One gal I work with (she runs way way way fast), one gal I did some time in the Army with, and a gal I met online - can't remember how/where we met as I don't think she's primal/paleo or anything in between. I think she added me b/c we had a mutual friend or something and I discovered she lived really close and we were scheduled to run the same race. Yep, appears I was friends with her sister (no idea how we met either lol) before becoming friends with her. Anyway, it doesn't matter. I'm meeting with them all on Sunday. Maybe we can all get together at once and do a pic.

Anyhow, I am hopeful that Sunday is a great day. I hope it's the best half marathon EVER and that I finish with a smile (oh, and with a 2:30 time and having run the entire distance! )

PrimalCon New York
    I see you crossing the finish line with a big smile on you face & time to spare!! Good job!!!
    SW-211
    CW-209