Page 413 of 585 FirstFirst ... 313363403411412413414415423463513 ... LastLast
Results 4,121 to 4,130 of 5844

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 413

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Primal Fuel
    Run, Jenn, run! I won't be thinking of you on your race day since I'll be busy with Hulky, but I'll send some thoughts ahead of time
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Run, Jenn, run! I won't be thinking of you on your race day since I'll be busy with Hulky, but I'll send some thoughts ahead of time
    Bow chicka bow wow! lol

So my next educational endeavor has been decided. There is a program here on the Island called Journey to Leadership. A former boss highly suggested I go through the program and told me to see him for a letter of recommendation when I sign up. Unfortunately, there are no upcoming sessions yet, but the training office will send out info on it when it is available. Anyhow, I asked my current boss (Boss #2) if that is a program that would be worth my time given I already have a master's degree in the same topic. She said yes and no. She said a lot of it will be repetition of what I learned at St. Ambrose, but she said the experience that comes from the job shadowing and the 30 day training portion will be greatly beneficial to my future on the Island. She said I need to go.

So... that's what I plan to do... It's all done "on Island" so I won't have to travel and it's done during duty hours, so I won't have to lose any time with family, which is awesome. I guess it contains masters level course work, so it'll be challenging too. It'd be so cool to add it to my resume.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Thinking about signing up for another half marathon - on October 20th. I'll be running anyway to keep my endurance up for the December race, so why not. It'll be a $35 donation to the school system (it's a fundraiser for a local school district). There's also a fundraiser in November that I might do. It's on trails - technical trails - and for the most part, gets walked b/c it's so steep. A buddy puts this one on to raise money for a playground at a local state park. It's an out and back course with one lap being 6.2 miles. You do as many laps as you want to get whatever distance you want, log your time, and make a donation (however much you want) to the charity. It's not an official race and there's no medal or anything like that, but it's still fun to do. I did it in 2010 and enjoyed it. So, I may do that one too. It's November 10th.

I'll wait to sign up for them though.
    Last edited by jenn26point2; 08-28-2013 at 09:48 AM.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is offline Senior Member
    You go girl!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

regarding the pee mess that little boys like to leave...............

put a container of the those Clorox disinfecting wipes by the toilet and teach him how to wipe up the mess Or a spray bottle of something more natural - vinegar and water?

Does he respond to things like sticker charts with a "prize" after 10 stickers? Make it a game that will grow into a habit as he grows up.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Does he respond to things like sticker charts with a "prize" after 10 stickers? Make it a game that will grow into a habit as he grows up.

Dude, I want a sticker.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Tristan is talking about doing her first half marathon next year. She absolutely loves running and the friends she has made while in cross country. She's trying to talk me into doing it with her and I'm scared to run. With all the issues I've had with my knee the past month, I think I may have a legitimate reason not to run.
    Last edited by geostump; 08-28-2013 at 10:40 AM.
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Dude, I want a sticker.
    gold_star_sticker.jpg
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    <3
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Goldie is offline Senior Member

That's the kind of stickers we had when I was a kid.