Page 412 of 589 FirstFirst ... 312362402410411412413414422462512 ... LastLast
Results 4,111 to 4,120 of 5889

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 412

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I was gonna ask the same thing! Gonna add that to my grocery list!!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Try to get to bed early tonight. If you are getting sick, there's nothing better for you than some sleep. (Plus liquids. Go KE tea!)

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    The KE tea is amazing in taste. It smells awesome and it tastes awesome. And it really does help when you feel ill. I've introduced it to so many people who have said it helped them beat an illness off before it could set in. NK is working (was working) on a blend of teas to mimic Tazo Calm to cut the cost b/c Tazo is expensive. It's $5 for a box of 20 bags (it's a Starbucks product). But, I love it as is. For the green, I typically just buy Tazo Zen b/c it's right there with the Calm. Good stuff!

Funny thing, it got my bladder and my bowels working right away. I no more than finished my 16 oz tea and had to visit the rest room. Thanks, KE tea! lol

Just saw Dr. Lake and figured it's time for an update on my foot. It seems to be getting better. I took PC's advice and got some MSM. I've been taking 2,000 mg daily of that (max per the bottle is 3,000 mg), but I've also added Curcumin (Tumeric) to the mix. I take two of those, which is about 95 mg of curcumin. Max dose for that is in the grams range, so well over 1,000 mg and I'm no where near that. Still taking my fish oils too and using the epsom salt. The combination seems to be helping a lot b/c I haven't taken any ibuprofen in a few days and I ran just fine on Saturday... oh wait, I took 800 mg before my run on Saturday just to be safe. Eh, whatever, if I'm only taking it to run, that's an improvement over twice a day every day... OH, and I take 2,000 mg of tart cherry at night.

Dr. Lake doesn't think it's arthritis. She said her experience says it's not arthritis, especially not RA, despite my symptoms matching my mom's perfectly and her being diagnosed/treated for arthritis. She said if the supplements are working I should continue them, so I will.

Anyhow, it seems to be getting better.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    That's good news! Sounds like you've found a good combo to get the inflammation down.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

It's still a tiny bit swollen, but you can't tell it unless you're used to looking at my feet. I look at my feet a lot b/c they've changed so much recently (gotten so slim). Any amount of swelling is noticable to me, but not others. I don't want to completely eliminate the inflammation b/c that is counter productive to healing, but I don't want my foot/feet to hurt either. Fine line.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    You're only a few days away from the big run! Keep up with the supplements and you'll be flying through those 13.1 miles! We're all here to cheer you on!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Thanks Tomi. I noticed this morning when I got up to hit the snooze button, that I could walk... interesting. And when I got out of my car at work, I could walk. Very nice.

4 days til the half marathon. I should probably start planning my morning. What to eat, when to leave, etc, etc, etc.

I'll be curing some bacon tonight. Brad and I had a pig butchered and asked for uncured bacon. Well, uncured bacon means not cured and not smoked - so basically pork chop tasting meat in bacon like slices... pork belly, actually. I found a recipe online that was posted to Robb Wolf's blog as we'll try that. It's got spices in it that we're not used to for bacon (Farmland uncured doesn't use spices to flavor the meat, but it's hickory smoked), and it can be smoked, but I don't have a smoker... so what I plan to do is season it as directed, cure it in the oven as directed, but before I cure it, I'll baste the meat with a Liquid Smoke/water mixture to give it a smoky flavor. Hopefully we'll enjoy it b/c Brad's not digging 'side pork'. And that being said, we don't have a ton of it. We go through 3 pounds in a week (just for Mon-Fri) so it won't be long before we're back to buying the farmland stuff again. If this recipe doesn't work, I'll try another.

A gentleman in our building just gave everyone a single pink rose. He said his rose bushes are just popping like crazy. He cut a bloom for everyone (well, all the ladies, I assume since the gentlemen in our office were not offered a rose). They're very nice. And they smell amazing. I love the smell of roses. I should plant a rose bush, but I hear they're difficult to care for (maintenance and what not)

4 days til the start of Whole30. Dr. Lake was trying to convince me to wait until the 3rd to start - then the holiday would be over. I haven't decided yet what I plan to do - but leaning toward starting on the 1st just so I have a clean fresh start to the week and the month. I got excited about it this morning b/c by all rights, I could lose 15 lbs on this whole30, which would put me at 155. I'd be thrilled with 10 lbs though.

Anyhow, I'm starting to get more excited and mentally prepared for the Whole30. My bacon will be Whole30 approved too, which is super cool!

Time to make my way through the journals. I hope everyone is having a stellar day. (Oh, and I feel great today - no headache. I noticed it slipped away after my first cup of KE tea yesterday. That stuff is amazing!!)

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Anyhow, I'm starting to get more excited and mentally prepared for the Whole30. My bacon will be Whole30 approved too, which is super cool!
    Nice. I wish you the best of luck. I'm starting on the 1st as well, so we'll see how it goes.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Glad you're feeling good I was a bit concerned that the sickies would get in the way of the 1/2 - and that would be tragic considering all the work you've put in to training for this thing.

Yeah for healthy feet too!

And - you're gonna rock another Whole30!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I should plant a rose bush, but I hear they're difficult to care for (maintenance and what not)
    We had a rosebush outside the front door of our government quarters when we were stationed in England. All the kids' deceased small furry pets (mice, hamsters) were buried next to that rose bush, and it had the biggest, most lovely smelling flowers! Aside from cutting off the flowers, we didn't do any "maintenance" at all!